Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    NE = Northeast. Check the sentence structure used by the fat blow hard above. Nice try though....

Youth players ARE being produced - just check the PDA facts above. You are reaching for straws.

Comment was: "The NE has NEVER been strong on the national stage". So this does not include players produced from the region a "long time ago"?

Keep digging that hole.....
    I wasn't the original poster. Fact remains CT is a non factor on the national soccer stage save a unicorn every 5 years

Comment

"The NE has never been strong on the national stage" - nice quote grandpa.

PDA is a top 5 club on the national stage. Did you see what PDA did last year at the ECNL national championships? U13, U14, and U17 - Champions.

Northeast players represented 26% of the most recent 23 player roster on the WWC team:
      Alyssa Naeher (Stratford, CT)
      Chrystal Dunn (Rockville Centre, NY)
      Tobin Heath (Basking Ridge, NJ)
      Samantha Mewis (Hanson, MA)
      Allie Long (Northport, NY)
      Carli Lloyd (Delran, NJ)

You sound like one of those blow hard fat dads I hear on the sidelines that think they have it all figured out. News flash: you don't know jack!
      woohoo throw your kid's life away to try to get on national team. Jackwad. Better chance getting hit by lightening in stratford. fool

Comment

I wasn't the original poster. Fact remains CT is a non factor on the national soccer stage save a unicorn every 5 years
        Who is debating specifically about CT? We are talking about player production in the Northeast. Stay on point. Focus.

Comment

woohoo throw your kid's life away to try to get on national team. Jackwad. Better chance getting hit by lightening in stratford. fool
          As the OP stated, 26% of the current NT is from the Northeast.....that is pretty impressive, if you ask me.

Comment

As the OP stated, 26% of the current NT is from the Northeast.....that is pretty impressive, if you ask me.
            that has nothing to do with Club soccer or the topic really.

Comment

That makes no sense. Why don't these big deal college programs know how to separate real deal players from the affluent talent that excels in the youth country club leagues?
              The issue is there are very few real deal players. For all the money spent by parents, the player development part is sorely lacking. parents are paying for bragging rights based on team wins. Reead the post i responded to where the OP used PDA club record (in a league they control) to underline how "good" they are.

This toipic should be dominated by stories of parents saying my kid had potential, but Coach A at Club B really helped bring it out. She has really improved and is now playing meaningful minutes at what would have been a reach school for her and is really happy. To me, that is the soccer success story.

That wont happen because no one wants to out themselves so it degenerates to my Club is better than yours. YNT or Full NT accolades has very little to do with it. Soccer is a potential education enhancer/cost defrayer for most of the kids we are talking about here. The ability to do that is success.

for the handful of kids whose dream it is to go pro, the rules may be different.

Comment

So I did some analysis on the pool of 59 girls (2005 birth year) that were invited for a recent US National ID camp held in Kansas City. On this board and elsewhere there is a lot of debate on ECNL versus DA, and whether girls need to be in the DA to get invited to USNT camps. Here is what I found:

1) All girls selected are playing in either the DA or ECNL. No other leagues represented.
                2) 41 girls, or 70% were selected from DA, and 18 girls, or 30% from the ECNL.
                3) 23 states are represented, with 19 players coming from CA.
                4) In the Northeast, PDA sent 3, FC Stars 1 from the ECNL.
                5) In the Northeast, STA, Cedar Stars, NEFC and Oakwood each sent 1 each from the DA.
                Good. So you can play in High School/ECNL and get selected.

Comment

Quoting full team representation is the dumbest tack ever. Judging a Club by how the teams play is also foolish. Judge them by

the training sessions
                  the percentage of players they send to top 10 soccer schools.
                  the percentage of players they improve
                  the number of players they send to colleges who play and dont transfer
                  the number of players on each team

and several other factors that have nothing to do with team results. Team results usually reflect where you recruit from. Something the ECNL bosses have done a good job of managing. PDA and Stars have controlled who can be an ECNL Club and maintained large areas from which to recruit using the ECNL badge. Its a volume game. parents need to stop associating team wins with individual quality. At Club level, depth wins. Heck it does in College. Look at how many titles UNC have won and how competitive they are every year. They dont have better players anymore, so they win it all less often, but because they sub so often, they use their depth more efficiently than anyone else and it shows.

the number opf FC Stars players getting YNT call ups was directly proportional to how involved Jason Dewhurst was. At one point(00s) there were a lot. I cant think of any of those players who is a high impact starter on a top 25 team. So either

a. someone overestimated their ability
                  b. the kids never improved at the projected rate

You can decide which. All it tells you is that YNT call ups are nice for the kids, but dont mean that much in context of assessing how each region is doing. They reflect who works the system best and who knows who at the younger ages and then it becomes the devil you know. Give the limited turnover of coaches in spite of the results and the insistence on Chicago, its hard to see the dynamics changing much

PSU is full of YNT players. Kids who have been selected for mutiple world cups. Kids who have spent most of their youth career in YNT camps. As of now they are on the bubble to make the NCAAs.
                  So tell us then, which clubs are the best youth clubs in the NE? You seem to think that PDA and FC Stars are not among them.

Signed, newbie soccer parent.

Comment

So tell us then, which clubs are the best youth clubs in the NE? You seem to think that PDA and FC Stars are not among them.

The 2005 PDA team is the real deal. Undefeated in ECNL last season all the way through nationals, zero draws. 4 players called to YNT camps and probably one more to be called.

Comment

Don’t fool yourself. They are only bringing it up because of the OW kool aid guzzling.

Comment

Don’t fool yourself. They are only bringing it up because of the OW kool aid guzzling.
                        Facts don't lie.

Comment

It depends what you want. They are the biggest and will probably win the most games. If thats your criteria, then go for it. I cannot tell you who is the best for you and your child. Thats is a combination of many factors like proximity, your goals, your kids makeup, cost etc.

Im not one of these guys who is shilling for any Club. PDA or Stars COULD be the best for a player, but i dont buy the notion that they are best for all. I dont use wins to determine that.

Comment

It depends what you want. They are the biggest and will probably win the most games. If thats your criteria, then go for it. I cannot tell you who is the best for you and your child. Thats is a combination of many factors like proximity, your goals, your kids makeup, cost etc.

Im not one of these guys who is shilling for any Club. PDA or Stars COULD be the best for a player, but i dont buy the notion that they are best for all. I dont use wins to determine that.
                            You presented your criteria above. Kindly apply it, and give us your results.

We are waiting...….

Comment

The 2005 PDA team is the real deal. Undefeated in ECNL last season all the way through nationals, zero draws. 4 players called to YNT camps and probably one more to be called.
                              so all this tells you is that they happen to have a collection of more players than others. So what? Maybe some of those payers would actually be better off playing for other teams where they had to do a lot more to be successful.

One of my kids played for one of the most successful teams in the north east for many years. When i look at where those kids are now its pretty clear that had no correlation to College success.

Comment

You presented your criteria above. Kindly apply it, and give us your results.

We are waiting...….
                                how can I ? I dont know you. Its a personal decision based on YOUR criteria, not mine. YThe notion that one size fits all is dumb. However, if you run the league and design ot so that you are the only club in a large area you will probably win more. That does not mean much to me.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X