Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If it's specifically not in the contract then it might not be grounds for dismissal. Other than Kaperneck no one was punished from the NFL standoff. Then there's the broader legal issue of whether an employer forcing an employee to stand when any other American can't be forced to do so. The NFL kicked the can down the road, no doubt in part because of fear of a protracted legal battle https://www.sbnation.com/2018/7/23/1...-ramifications
    Kapernick never was punished for not standing. Kaepernick opted out of his contract and became a free agent, but went unsigned. He had offers to play, but refused what they were offering for him to play.

Comment

Rapinoe is perhaps their best player but she should go. Trump is a poor president, but we have a democracy and should honor our country. I am tired of the other side whining when their person isn't in power. We have enough laws and checks and balances to ensure that our basic principles are followed.
      Not sure she should go, but she definitely doesn't deserve to be a captain.

Comment

Not sure she should go, but she definitely doesn't deserve to be a captain.
        It is sad she cannot separate the country from Trump or racism/sexism. No country is perfect and progress can seem slow and unfair, but the US is truly a great country and she shouldn’t turn her back on it. I watched the pre-game last Sunday against South Africa and was pleasantly surprised to see the black South African players singing their anthem with emotion. South Africa had apartheid 30 years ago and still suffers from corruption and inequality, but if those girls can honor their country, then certainly Rapinoe can too (I did see her standing).

Comment

Lib attitude.Exactly what u get.

Comment

Lib attitude.Exactly what u get.
            Thanks Liz W. You go girl.

Comment

Pro Football is a private entertainment business watched primarily by red neck men. If they want them standing, the employer should be able to tell them to stand or walk. It's their right to protest. It's the companies right to fire them if they don't like it and believe it will hurt the business.
              Do they have the right to protest on the job? I doubt it.

Comment

It is sad she cannot separate the country from Trump or racism/sexism. No country is perfect and progress can seem slow and unfair, but the US is truly a great country and she shouldn’t turn her back on it. I watched the pre-game last Sunday against South Africa and was pleasantly surprised to see the black South African players singing their anthem with emotion. South Africa had apartheid 30 years ago and still suffers from corruption and inequality, but if those girls can honor their country, then certainly Rapinoe can too (I did see her standing).
                This is an important point that I hadn't heard. Thank you.

Our 144 character society views things thru such a short-term lens.
                our National Anthem was here long before and will he here long after Trump

Comment

Kapernick never was punished for not standing. Kaepernick opted out of his contract and became a free agent, but went unsigned. He had offers to play, but refused what they were offering for him to play.
                  No he was blackballed by the NFL and settled for an undisclosed sum.

Comment

Do they have the right to protest on the job? I doubt it.
                    NFL's temporary compromise was that players could stay in the locker room while the anthem was being played. US Soccer could do something similar. All depends on what their agreement looks like and they can't tack new things on without both sides agreeing to it.

Comment

The WNT has signed a compensation contract with USSF. Why don't they honor that?! If they don't like let them walk. I am sure there are many who would take their place.
                      Just like our local soccer scene-if you don’t like your coach or team, fly away, as there are plenty of replacements...lol

Comment

and no one cares about female soccer players. Truth.
                        Some women's teams have a large and loyal base of gay women fans. These are the fans loyal to women's soccer...not just for a few games every four years. Just as the NFL made choices in light of their fan base, us soccer must do the same or the pro game will lose some of the few fans it has.

Pro sports are businesses and the customers are the fans. Why would you want to piss off your customers?

Comment

I have no idea why anyone watches these ignorant, self absorbed, anti- American children. During the WC one can probably find the equivalent level of soccer watching a local middle school boy's game.
                          https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...n-a-scrimmage/

Comment

I have no idea why anyone watches these ignorant, self absorbed, anti- American children. During the WC one can probably find the equivalent level of soccer watching a local middle school boy's game.
                            https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...n-a-scrimmage/
                            Lots of gay female fans pay to watching women's soccer, that is who.

Comment

No he was blackballed by the NFL and settled for an undisclosed sum.
                              No proof of that. He had offers, but wanted more then they were offering. There is proof of that. And BTW, a settlement only means the company has determined it's cheaper to pay someone to just go away than it is to defend the case. If Kaepernick really had principles he wouldn't have accepted the settlement. He would have wanted to prove his case.

Comment

Lots of gay female fans pay to watching women's soccer, that is who.
                                What does "lots" mean?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X