X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Feedback needed

My kid plays for one of the two dumpster fire PA ECNL clubs - we and many of her teammates drive about an hour to get to practice. Her ECNL team only practices twice a week sometime only once. In short, it seems her club sounds a lot like matchfit with the lack of practices and lack of facilities. Several of the girls including my kid go to out side training. Do most ECNL club players go to outside trainers in addition to their club trainers - just trying to gauge whether this is common place in ECNL teams or not. And one more question is it common for parents that are not professional coaches and don’t hold any soccer licenses to coach their kids at the ECNL level? With tryouts around the corner trying to do my research. TIA.
    Perhaps you are asking a wrong question:
    - how many mandatory practices
    - how many optional practices (pay to coach)
    - what happens at practices

And then

- what else do the top players do outside of practice

You are welcome

Comment

Feedback needed

My kid plays for one of the two dumpster fire PA ECNL clubs - we and many of her teammates drive about an hour to get to practice. Her ECNL team only practices twice a week sometime only once. In short, it seems her club sounds a lot like matchfit with the lack of practices and lack of facilities. Several of the girls including my kid go to out side training. Do most ECNL club players go to outside trainers in addition to their club trainers - just trying to gauge whether this is common place in ECNL teams or not. And one more question is it common for parents that are not professional coaches and don’t hold any soccer licenses to coach their kids at the ECNL level? With tryouts around the corner trying to do my research. TIA.
      Depends what age group and level your daughter is. If she’s good enough for the PDA Blue teams that is the place to best. No point going there to play on their White teams though. MF are hit and miss. Good at 03, 05 and 07 but poor in other age groups. STA good at 03, 05 and 06 but they just lost their best coach so maybe a bit unsteady over there.

Comment

CSA is a great place and the top DA in the area. Check it out

Comment

CSA is a great place and the top DA in the area. Check it out
          Are you referring to CSA Monmouth or CSA Bergen?

Comment

Both, and you can add Staten Island to the list as well. Very well run club and shed some of the bad apples recently.

Comment

Both, and you can add Staten Island to the list as well. Very well run club and shed some of the bad apples recently.
              Well run club that hired bad apples then shed those bad apples. LOL

Comment

agree that they shed some bad apples, but they have plenty more in monmouth. the beginning of the fall season meeting with tab ramos was a huge indication that the higher ups realize that the club was not well run and they had a lot of work to do to fix the issues. their new director of coaching education seems to understand that as well and has a good outlook. one of the big takeaways from that meeting was how much time they spent discussing the girls side of the program - very little.

Comment

Depends what age group and level your daughter is. If she’s good enough for the PDA Blue teams that is the place to best. No point going there to play on their White teams though. MF are hit and miss. Good at 03, 05 and 07 but poor in other age groups. STA good at 03, 05 and 06 but they just lost their best coach so maybe a bit unsteady over there.
                  If you’re not practicing 3-4 times a week, chances are you will not place yourself on a better team and carve out a starting spot.

Blue teams have 2 mandatory practices. The rest depends on age group.

Typically, they have optional practices (extra) as well as optional fitness practices (extra) and they also have assigned home work (fitness + first touch). Also watch games and review games. Some kids do practices with other trainers but there is a myth that it’s frowned upon.

Non ECNL teams in older age groups in other clubs (NL/NPL) have 3 mandatory practices for same price. If you’re looking to develop, and can grab a starting spot, and commit to extra work - do it. Otherwise, you can develop better at non ECNL club, but will need to find self motivation during training.

Comment

If you’re not practicing 3-4 times a week, chances are you will not place yourself on a better team and carve out a starting spot.

Blue teams have 2 mandatory practices. The rest depends on age group.

Typically, they have optional practices (extra) as well as optional fitness practices (extra) and they also have assigned home work (fitness + first touch). Also watch games and review games. Some kids do practices with other trainers but there is a myth that it’s frowned upon.

Non ECNL teams in older age groups in other clubs (NL/NPL) have 3 mandatory practices for same price. If you’re looking to develop, and can grab a starting spot, and commit to extra work - do it. Otherwise, you can develop better at non ECNL club, but will need to find self motivation during training.
                    Thanks all for the info. It’s a lot to think about, but totally agree the 1.5 - 2 practices a week her current team does is not going to develop her like a kid that practices 3 times or more - glad I took her to the outside trainer. Definitely have some decisions to make.

Comment

CSA suck- Staten Island - too funny

Comment

His kid plays on RL team and he likes to start **** on every TS thread.

Comment

What do you people have against Staten Island they have some great teams. Perhaps not as good as CSA Monmouth but up there.

Comment

His kid plays on RL team and he likes to start **** on every TS thread.
                            Way off - giving very fair feedback to the person asking. No bias in my answer.

Comment

Way off - giving very fair feedback to the person asking. No bias in my answer.
                              And no my kid not an ECRL player. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Comment

And no my kid not an ECRL player. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
                                There is nothing wrong RL. I happen to think its a great platform. ECNL as a whole should be more structured like it. Only the best of the best players should be traveling over multiple state lines. ECNL-RL should be the main league. ECNL should be more like ODP for ECNL-RL players.. best of the best

I meant, the original person is the pot stirring troll from the FC Bucks threads.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X