Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age my daughter stops playing COED??

I've seen girls playing COED up to U11, but not beyond that age group. I keep thinking that as long as she holds her own, she should continue to play with the boys...any thoughts? She is now going to U10.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I've seen girls playing COED up to U11, but not beyond that age group. I keep thinking that as long as she holds her own, she should continue to play with the boys...any thoughts? She is now going to U10.
    Two key things to look out for is that she is not getting injured and she is starting on her team. If she is not starting then she could play up in girls soccer.

Comment

It really depends on the position they play. Right around u10 there is a noticeable difference in the speed of the game. So it may be tougher on field players. My daughter happens to be a goalie and she does just fine playing with and against the boys. So again it depends on the circumstances as well as the player.

Comment

The focus should be on developing skills at this point regardless of the level. I would also agree that the kids should be challenged so playing up or playing coed can be a good thing depending on the situation. Above all though, the priority should be good fundamentals training.

Comment

Two key things to look out for is that she is not getting injured and she is starting on her team. If she is not starting then she could play up in girls soccer.
          She is starting....the speed of the game is changing, but she is keeping up.

Comment

It really depends on the position they play. Right around u10 there is a noticeable difference in the speed of the game. So it may be tougher on field players. My daughter happens to be a goalie and she does just fine playing with and against the boys. So again it depends on the circumstances as well as the player.
            Is she playing REC?

Comment

She is starting....the speed of the game is changing, but she is keeping up.
              At U12 our daughter began guesting on a boys team for tournaments, and she loved it. At U13 she played up on her brother's U14 DII team. She was a starter and a forward and outside mid, but she only played in a handful of games. It was rough and she tired quickly of the long ball mentality that is so often seen in boys youth soccer, so she switched down to a U13 DI team and is now playing in college. I think it offers great experience at younger ages.

Comment

Play coed until the physicality and speed surpasses her ability.

Comment

Play coed until the physicality and speed surpasses her ability.
                  Agreed, my daughter began playing soccer on a boys team and the experience served her well when she eventually moved to her girls team.

Comment

If she is good enough to play with the boys then just play her up. She is not going to learn the game any better by plAying with boys....the practice and training with your coach makes you better.

Comment

U-15 is the lat year she can play Co-Ed

Comment

U-15 is the last year she can play Co-Ed

Comment

We have girls that are playing u19 rec.

Comment

We have girls that are playing u19 coed rec.
                            correction

Comment

she tired quickly of the long ball mentality that is so often seen in boys youth soccer
                              What a load of crap.

It wasn't long ball because it was a boys team. It was long ball because it was D2

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X