Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Every time one of the parents becomes a headache, let them know you were checking out another team's practices. Lay the seed that if they dont start getting in line, the best player will be leaving next year. Been there, done that. The parents care more about winning than anything else.
    That's sad I would have told you to hit the road!!!! Btw my son is elite as well:)

Comment

That's sad I would have told you to hit the road!!!! Btw my son is elite as well:)
      That is awesome, then you know exactly what I am talking about. I'm not knocking the other kids but really they have no chance without our kids.

Comment

My son is also the best (by far) player in his team. He likes his teammates but I don't know how long I will be able to delay the inevitable. I am bombarded with offers from elite clubs after every tourney. The issue is that he is 8, playing U9 and most of the offers come from U13 teams. Not sure what to do.

Comment

My son is also the best (by far) player in his team. He likes his teammates but I don't know how long I will be able to delay the inevitable. I am bombarded with offers from elite clubs after every tourney. The issue is that he is 8, playing U9 and most of the offers come from U13 teams. Not sure what to do.
          I would love to have a chance to add him to our squad, are you in the Orlando area?

Comment

Let us know where he plays, we can feature him on our Sunday morning fishing show!!!

Comment

We moved from Orlando last year. No real talent there. Here in Miami, with the influx of S. Americans, Jamaicans and Europeans I find that there are better all-around players.

Comment

We moved from Orlando last year. No real talent there. Here in Miami, with the influx of S. Americans, Jamaicans and Europeans I find that there are better all-around players.
                The moms here are much better also.....Orlando moms have their own amusement park

Comment

I agree, I played professionally in Portugal and Miami has best talent

Comment

I agree, I played professionally in Portugal and Miami has best talent
                    Really and why do you say that? Because of all the South American in the Miami area? I thought the world cup proved that Europe dominates; 1st and third place in South America.

Comment

My son is the MVP and captain on his team and I feel that the lesser players really look up to him. This is great since my son is a great leader. The problem I have is that sometimes there is jealousy between the parents which may cause some issues. This thread is intended for other fathers who's sons are the best on their teams. How do you handle the demands placed on you by the other parents?
                      I can't get over how obnoxious you are. I hope your son handles ii better than you.

Comment

I can't get over how obnoxious you are. I hope your son handles ii better than you.
                        You are just filled with envy that your son is not the star of his team. The thread starter has every right to ask a question and shouldn't get blasted by benchwarmers. I know, because my kid is elite too.

Comment

My son is the MVP and captain on his team and I feel that the lesser players really look up to him. This is great since my son is a great leader. The problem I have is that sometimes there is jealousy between the parents which may cause some issues. This thread is intended for other fathers who's sons are the best on their teams. How do you handle the demands placed on you by the other parents?
                          Deep down parents will always plotting against others in comp. They are there for their kids, not yours. As for demands, what demands? Leadership will always be contested...thicken your skin. Lastly, ride the little high when you got it. I guarantee your little superstar will come crashing down the first failure he/she has because of the status your promoting. Better prepare yourself on how to resolve the issue when it comes...it will be heartbreaking.

Comment

Guaranteed one day your son will not be the best on the team nor even make the team.

Comment

Really and why do you say that? Because of all the South American in the Miami area? I thought the world cup proved that Europe dominates; 1st and third place in South America.
                              People from certain countries grow up with a soccer ball next to their feet since birth. Its part of their culture. While in the U.S. it can be football, basketball, baseball and maybe soccer. Some countries have soccer "in their blood" and spend alot more time playing it.

Comment

Guaranteed one day your son will not be the best on the team nor even make the team.
                                I really doubt that will be his future. I do not think you can grasp how good my kid is. I am sure he must have scored more than one goal on a lot of your kids but who knows maybe one day they will play together. He loves when his teammates cheer him on.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X