Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to obtain a us youth soccer pass without a club? Is it even possible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Both US Club and USYS require a club to get passes. In order to be eligible for Florida tournaments, you would need to be registered with a club for one or the other.

I heard about a local new "academy" that has only a handful of U-16 players and is planning to join other teams as guest players at nationwide tournaments. I would be skeptical of that format. Team-based training is critical to your player's development. You can't learn how to make proper off-the-ball runs or possession decision making without numbers during training.

Focus on your club option that provides the best training to get your pass.
    Have to agree with this post. It is impossible to get a player pass from US Club or USYS without being rostered to a team/club.

Who in their right mind would join a "so-called academy" only to be guest players at tournaments. Soccer is a team sport last time I checked. What kind of team is this? If the U16 players are part of this "academy" then there should be plenty of players that make up a team. Why don't they just play in the tournament as a team???

Comment

You still have to be carded to a US Club team to get a US Club pass...............I player can't just get a pass unattached to someone be it US Club or USYS. If you want to play an individual sport, take up golf.
      My son got a US Club pass and was able to play with multiple clubs using the card.

Comment

My son got a US Club pass and was able to play with multiple clubs using the card.
        and how did that happen. my guess would be his club gave it to him and allowed him to keep it in order to guest play.

Comment

How exciting that must be for the kids on those teams who have paid their money and show up at every training only to have a guest player come to tournaments and get time. Just another example of what is horribly wrong with how we are doing youth sports.

Comment

Beginning on December 1st, no club is required to release any player for any reason until the date that all players must be released.
            So a club has changes and a abusive and incompetence occurs the kids are stuck there all year. Should only be so if status quo is same from first day to last regarding club structure.

Comment

How exciting that must be for the kids on those teams who have paid their money and show up at every training only to have a guest player come to tournaments and get time. Just another example of what is horribly wrong with how we are doing youth sports.
              Correction - the talented players on a team always embrace the guest player that adds value and makes the team better. The only kids (I mean parents) upset are those that have playing time impacted and will commit to bad mouthing the guest players skills.

Comment

Correction - the talented players on a team always embrace the guest player that adds value and makes the team better. The only kids (I mean parents) upset are those that have playing time impacted and will commit to bad mouthing the guest players skills.

Correction: The parents of the talented players on a team(if that is what you call it) embrace the guest player because of the percieved (but not real) value they add. Guest players never make a team better. And yes, the parents of those who lose playing time are upset but so are the kids. It doesnt mean they are not talented, just not the flavor of the month. And now they know the coach that has pretended to be in it for the team really has no loyalty and they have no worth. Great message.

So what value does that add? This is exactly my point. Parents been made to believe that they must win THIS tournament and they better get some guest players to do it otherwise no college coach will ever see their kid. Who do you think sells that message? That's right, the tournament organizers. Why? Because they make money from you.

Look at it this way. If a team has enough quality players for colleges to pay attention, they will. Adding a player or two is not going to make a difference. If the team doesnt have much quality and they bring several guest players to improve their status, only those guest players are getting a look anyway. And now you have more than one or two pissed off parents and kids. I dont see anything positive about it.

In all the years we have done this the only time I have seen guest players be a positive thing was at the end of a season and the team was short players. And for the record, my kid isnt the one that was losing playing time. I just never saw anything positive come out of the practice of trying to bring guest players to make a team better. If you want a better team, train your players better or pick better ones to start with.

Comment

yes we can

I'm wanting my child to be able to guest play with certain team(s). We did not have him tryout anywhere to see where would the best teams be. We have got calls from multiple teams in our area to play with them but we want to be in control of the player pass. Thoughts?
                  I got a pass and I'm 37 years old. I play U14 academy at Weston. I also get free healthcare.

Comment

Disagree. all kids that practice hard and pay for a tournament deserve a chance to play. especially in their formative years, it is wrong to bring in guest players just to win.

and I totally disagree that only the parents are affected. kids who don't play over a guest player are very aware of being overlooked.

Comment

Correction: The parents of the talented players on a team(if that is what you call it) embrace the guest player because of the percieved (but not real) value they add. Guest players never make a team better. And yes, the parents of those who lose playing time are upset but so are the kids. It doesnt mean they are not talented, just not the flavor of the month. And now they know the coach that has pretended to be in it for the team really has no loyalty and they have no worth. Great message.

So what value does that add? This is exactly my point. Parents been made to believe that they must win THIS tournament and they better get some guest players to do it otherwise no college coach will ever see their kid. Who do you think sells that message? That's right, the tournament organizers. Why? Because they make money from you.

Look at it this way. If a team has enough quality players for colleges to pay attention, they will. Adding a player or two is not going to make a difference. If the team doesnt have much quality and they bring several guest players to improve their status, only those guest players are getting a look anyway. And now you have more than one or two pissed off parents and kids. I dont see anything positive about it.

In all the years we have done this the only time I have seen guest players be a positive thing was at the end of a season and the team was short players. And for the record, my kid isnt the one that was losing playing time. I just never saw anything positive come out of the practice of trying to bring guest players to make a team better. If you want a better team, train your players better or pick better ones to start with.
                      I agree. A keeper makes a good guest player if your team is suddenly short one. That's about it. Go with your horses. Let kids play their way out of difficulties. under say u14, it is better to have a team that improves than one that wins all the time. most parents do not understand or think this way.

Comment

How do you go about getting a US Club Pass and what is the cost?

Comment

I got a pass and I'm 37 years old. I play U14 academy at Weston. I also get free healthcare.
                          You must really suck at 37 to be playing U14. Well, than again it's Weston.

Comment

...the talented players on a team always embrace the guest player that adds value and makes the team better. The only kids (I mean parents) upset are those that have playing time impacted....
                            Some clubs hire coaches from other clubs hoping they will bring their teams to their club and some coaches try to win tournaments with teams that include good guest players hoping to attract those guest players and other good players to their team. Considering the focus of parents on the high cost of youth soccer and winning, who are we to blame those clubs and those coaches for those actions?

Comment

Some clubs hire coaches from other clubs hoping they will bring their teams to their club and some coaches try to win tournaments with teams that include good guest players hoping to attract those guest players and other good players to their team. Considering the focus of parents on the high cost of youth soccer and winning, who are we to blame those clubs and those coaches for those actions?

Who are we to blame them? We are the paying customer. Again, we fall for the notion that we have to win this tournament or that to get our kid seen by colleges. This message is pushed by people who make money from tournaments. So now we as parents complaine if we dont win so the clubs and coaches try to find new players so we can win. That of course pushes some players out of the system which apparent some are fine with but that sucks. After a couple of years, it doesnt resemble the team it started out to be because all of those parents that wanted to win have been pushed out by those guest players. Awesome huh?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X