Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The U17s fell apart when the top kids went to the chargers. A few wanted to go back to HDT or old Valrico team when the charger kids left and few quit club soccer, only thinking of playing HS. If the Charger bound kids stayed they would of all stayed. Just fell apart when they left. The superior train was not as much as a draw as going back to play with old friends. Not totally sure about the 18s, but a bunch wanted to quit for their sr year of HS. I would bet once a few left or quit, the rest followed.

JC and SP are good coaches that are I assume happy at a smaller club. HDT did a good job getting a lot of Teams in to CDL as subs and is a good sign the club could grow if they get in as a partner club, Boys you know where you need to end up if you are a top player, I just don't think league wise HDT offers enough or the best route to get to the Academy. WFF has a lot of former players at Chargers now. Hard to over look that they become good enough to make the Chargers DA.

WFF has and continues to send many to the Chargers DA, that's a compliment to their development program. The talented girls in Clearwater also make the trip to WFF to play ECNL. This is the way it is and the way it should be. Kids that move from WFF to HDT are reprioritizing things in their life and soccer simply isn't that important; nothing wrong with it but let's call it what it is. HDT is one step above rec with HS being a more competitive environment. The U16 last year at WFF was a top team and the kids "promoted" to DA are a reflection of it.

Comment

WFF has and continues to send many to the Chargers DA, that's a compliment to their development program. The talented girls in Clearwater also make the trip to WFF to play ECNL. This is the way it is and the way it should be. Kids that move from WFF to HDT are reprioritizing things in their life and soccer simply isn't that important; nothing wrong with it but let's call it what it is. HDT is one step above rec with HS being a more competitive environment. The U16 last year at WFF was a top team and the kids "promoted" to DA are a reflection of it.
      I thought once a you played at WFF / Brandon the Chargers would not take you even if you were a good player? Is this not true? Are there players on the Chargers DA team that have played at Brandon?

Comment

I thought once a you played at WFF / Brandon the Chargers would not take you even if you were a good player? Is this not true? Are there players on the Chargers DA team that have played at Brandon?
        No one from the rising u16 team went to DA

Comment

No one from the rising u16 team went to DA
          Correct, it was the rising u17, last year U16. Weather those kids see field time remains to be seen. Very good players, but I am sure the teams is full of them.

Comment

Correct, it was the rising u17, last year U16. Weather those kids see field time remains to be seen. Very good players, but I am sure the teams is full of them.
            Well, this thread is about rising u16, so why bring up u17's?

Comment

That's obviously not true considering the number of ex Brandon players on the Chargers DA. Take a look at the younger Clearwater teams.....nothing special. The DA is meant to take the best in the area. Where would the talented u16 tbu kids go? What did you think....Clearwater DA would pull from Fish hawk? :)

Comment

That's obviously not true considering the number of ex Brandon players on the Chargers DA. Take a look at the younger Clearwater teams.....nothing special. The DA is meant to take the best in the area. Where would the talented u16 tbu kids go? What did you think....Clearwater DA would pull from Fish hawk? :)
                the chargers DA teams could not beat the best u16- u18 teams from wff or tbu..its the truth the clearwater DA teams are ok at best,,..

Comment

the chargers DA teams could not beat the best u16- u18 teams from wff or tbu..its the truth the clearwater DA teams are ok at best,,..
                  ummm, sure they could, at least the u16 and maybe u17. I think the WFF Kool-aid you're drinking is a bit strong this morning.

Comment

All DA programs want the best players within a tolerable driving distance and the Chargers DA teams welcome players from clubs in Hernando, Pasco, Polk, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee and Sarasota counties, including their rostered players from WFF/Brandon.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                      ummm, sure they could, at least the u16 and maybe u17. I think the wff kool-aid you're drinking is a bit strong this morning.
                      yea right,,bring it,,any time..the chargers da teams are not that good,,im telling you...we will contact the coach,,to see if he would like to have a friendly..clw fields or ours...you will see,,then you can drink some of my kool aid..

Comment

I'm from Brandon and this comment is plain silly. Stop talking.

Comment

yea right,,bring it,,any time..the chargers da teams are not that good,,im telling you...we will contact the coach,,to see if he would like to have a friendly..clw fields or ours...you will see,,then you can drink some of my kool aid..
                          Our U17 team felt the same way until we barely tied the Chargers DA U16 team during State Cup preparation. Fortunately, that friendly served as a wake-up call, that Chargers DA team turned out to be better than we thought and we only lost in PKs during the U17 State Cup finals.

Comment

Well, this thread is about rising u16, so why bring up u17's?
                            To understand the potential of the club, you need to understand past performance. The recent experience with rising U-17 and U-18 players leaving WFF is very relevant. Those players can certainly provide an interesting perspective.

Comment

To understand the potential of the club, you need to understand past performance. The recent experience with rising U-17 and U-18 players leaving WFF is very relevant. Those players can certainly provide an interesting perspective.
                              Every team has different coaches, players, parents, and a different feel or mojo. The rising u16 team is a far cry from the level of the older teams, a big drop in talent. It's a team that works hard, but has to play a defensive games and hope for a goal on a counter or set piece. If the opponent gets an early goal or 2, go ahead and turn off the lights. The party is over. The quality in the attacking third is just not there.

Comment

Every team has different coaches, players, parents, and a different feel or mojo. The rising u16 team is a far cry from the level of the older teams, a big drop in talent. It's a team that works hard, but has to play a defensive games and hope for a goal on a counter or set piece. If the opponent gets an early goal or 2, go ahead and turn off the lights. The party is over. The quality in the attacking third is just not there.
                                Definetly take him to Dynamo. They are ranked much higher and finished higher in State Cup.
                                They routinely give up two early goals so that they may utilize their highly refined attacking third to come back and win!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X