Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think WFF and Fishhawk may give Tbu a run for their money in this age group.
    Fishhawk??? You certainly have to be joking. Their U10s did not even play 8v8 last year.

Comment

That's an accurate and fair statement for Central Florida ranking. However, Region B also includes North Florida which means Creeks and JFC. Both are very strong and likely too much for the central florida teams. TBU North is the team to beat in west Florida/Tampa. It would likely be an upset for any team other than TBU to represent that region. South Florida picture is not as clear with frequent player movement, coaching changes, clubs re-organizing and greater diluting of talent across many teams. Parma, West Pines and Miami Breakers (old Coral Gables Toros) will be in the mix for sure.

U11 an exciting year as its the first opportunity of a true statewide tournament with Region Cup and Presidents Cup Champions crowned. Guest players all but eliminated and teams not playing up. Every club wants their team at its best and playing age appropriate. A lot of great young talent in Florida. Hopefully, parents will tone it down a few notches. Let the kids enjoy being elite players & some healthy competition.
      Just guessing on what I have seen and heard
      Regions and Teams by Rank

Region B – Rush and Jacksonville will be top, followed by 1 or 2 teams from CFL area
      Region A – Weston & Breakers look good but would need someone from that area to respond
      Region C – TBU North is good but closer to 2nd tier teams from A and B
      Region D – Nothing that I have seen leads me to believe that will have an elite team

Comment

Just guessing on what I have seen and heard
        Regions and Teams by Rank

Region B – Rush and Jacksonville will be top, followed by 1 or 2 teams from CFL area
        Region A – Weston & Breakers look good but would need someone from that area to respond
        Region C – TBU North is good but closer to 2nd tier teams from A and B
        Region D – Nothing that I have seen leads me to believe that will have an elite team
        Region A- Weston and Pinecrest. Breakers played 6v6 (as Toros) all of last season. I think they'll need some time to adjust. Not sure what age group Margate and Parma will play but if they play U-11 then they'll be the favorites.

Comment

Region A- Weston and Pinecrest. Breakers played 6v6 (as Toros) all of last season. I think they'll need some time to adjust. Not sure what age group Margate and Parma will play but if they play U-11 then they'll be the favorites.
          Pincrest is a good team so thanks for adding that info. Are Margate and Pharma true U11 teams or U10 playing up?

Comment

Pincrest is a good team so thanks for adding that info. Are Margate and Pharma true U11 teams or U10 playing up?
            Parma and Margate are true U-11's but I hear they will both play U13 div2. They want to play 11v11 already.

Comment

Parma and Margate are true U-11's but I hear they will both play U13 div2. They want to play 11v11 already.
              For Regions cup they will have to play 8v8. Not sure 11v11 with 3rd tier man-child boys is a good idea. Having a player or two playing up on team is fine but to move all kids is going to get someone hurt.

Comment

Toros 03/04 (aka Breakers 03/04) played 8 v 8 during the regular season. No adjustment now necessary.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X