OC FC Fans Embarrassing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I was at the game also and a few OC fans planted themselves in the Rowdies cheering section, disguised as Rowdies Fans and then unfurled an OC flag and lit a flare. They took a few shots to the head and were sprayed with beer. St Pete cops dragged them out with tasers drawn. It was said to see some of the younger fans in tears, they were pretty scared. It could have been worse if not for some quick acting St. Pete cops and security who blocked 15 or so OC fans from coming to the aid of their friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Yes, I was at the game also and a few OC fans planted themselves in the Rowdies cheering section, disguised as Rowdies Fans and then unfurled an OC flag and lit a flare. They took a few shots to the head and were sprayed with beer. St Pete cops dragged them out with tasers drawn. It was said to see some of the younger fans in tears, they were pretty scared. It could have been worse if not for some quick acting St. Pete cops and security who blocked 15 or so OC fans from coming to the aid of their friends.
      It is the media glorifying the hooligans from Europe. They think it is cool get drunk and act like an idiot. I guess they will find out when the get the 4k bill for being stupid.

Comment

Link to tampa story

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news..._after_sm.html

Comment

The Ruckus are a bunch of fools. Unless they are reeled in they will end up doing something that will harm the Lion brand. Hooliganism has no place in American soccer.

Comment

The Ruckus are a bunch of fools. Unless they are reeled in they will end up doing something that will harm the Lion brand. Hooliganism has no place in American soccer.
            "Harm the lion brand"... I almost busted a gut laughing at that.

Comment

If you are saying it helps build the fan base by making it dangerous to bring a family to, then you are a moron.
              No that was not what I was saying the fighting is dumb and you have to be a twat to kick off as someone supports another team. there is no need for the hooligan culture to come here. But I think a crowd singing getting behind their side and also being hostile is great 100% part of any other soccer culture, if you go to any big derby or really any big game the mood adds to the feel without it the spectacle loses something. People came to the citrus bowl not just because the side were winning (which definitely helped) but because it was fun. The sounds the sights. I suppose that's how I was brought up. But moving to the level of trying to take another sides end is poor and the Tampa crowd didn't need that. I was not aware of what they had done, they are playing out some hooligan fantasy and not what my experience of being a a ST has been about.

I do however stand by the fact that it's laughable that people complain that the singing section are swearing. Yes families should go, but come on you're being unrealistic that you won't hear bad language at a professional sport event.

Comment

OC should make a public apology for the embarrassing way their fans behaved at The Rowdies tonight - fighting, throwing smoke flares and cans into family areas. They were a disgrace.

Great way to encourage kids to go to games and enjoy the sport. Such ashame.
                OC does not want kids at games. Kids do not buy beers and scarfs and other crap, Kids need to go home after games. OC wants drunken stupid zombis chanting and acting like stupid uneducated fools. OC wants the late 20s early 30 crowd. This is business folks not fun. OC is about corporate soccer and pure business. Kids not welcomed un less they start drinking early.

Comment

You better fire prove the new stadium. Is this what we want in orlando. Orlando City creates a frenzy asking fans to go crazy. I'm guessing PR will now hold his hands up in the air and please the 5th. I had No idea?

Comment

Judging by the ages of those arrested, I would say they were probably UCF Alumni. Same behavior that led to a dumpster fire and shooting at the Citrus Bowl back when they were in school. UCF is so bad they have to sweep the tailgate lots at kick off. Same idiots taking their hooligan behavior to the new game in town.

Comment

No that was not what I was saying the fighting is dumb and you have to be a twat to kick off as someone supports another team. there is no need for the hooligan culture to come here. But I think a crowd singing getting behind their side and also being hostile is great 100% part of any other soccer culture, if you go to any big derby or really any big game the mood adds to the feel without it the spectacle loses something. People came to the citrus bowl not just because the side were winning (which definitely helped) but because it was fun. The sounds the sights. I suppose that's how I was brought up. But moving to the level of trying to take another sides end is poor and the Tampa crowd didn't need that. I was not aware of what they had done, they are playing out some hooligan fantasy and not what my experience of being a a ST has been about.

I do however stand by the fact that it's laughable that people complain that the singing section are swearing. Yes families should go, but come on you're being unrealistic that you won't hear bad language at a professional sport event.
                      Yeah, who could possibly be critical of 500 drunks yelling "You suck, Ass--le!" every time an opposing goalkeeper strikes the ball? Especially at Disney, this behavior is completely normal.

Comment

Yeah, who could possibly be critical of 500 drunks yelling "You suck, Ass--le!" every time an opposing goalkeeper strikes the ball? Especially at Disney, this behavior is completely normal.
                        That is tame compared to chants I've heard and been part of in my younger days. Why don't you go to basketball, or an nfl game for your sterile American manufactured atmosphere.

Comment

That is tame compared to chants I've heard and been part of in my younger days. Why don't you go to basketball, or an nfl game for your sterile American manufactured atmosphere.
                          I'm sure when Mom and Dad visiting from Ohio take some time out from the Disney Vacation to enjoy some MLS action at Wide World of Sports with u10 Mia and Landy they'll understand completely.

Comment

OC does not want kids at games. Kids do not buy beers and scarfs and other crap, Kids need to go home after games. OC wants drunken stupid zombis chanting and acting like stupid uneducated fools. OC wants the late 20s early 30 crowd. This is business folks not fun. OC is about corporate soccer and pure business. Kids not welcomed un less they start drinking early.
                            The only want kids that are part of OCYS so they can count their membership as a paid attendence at the game.

Comment

Disney is having high level conversations with Ocity to fix this exact problem or terminate their contract. Disney is not willing to compromise its brand for the want to be hooligans in purple.

Comment

OC should make a public apology for the embarrassing way their fans behaved at The Rowdies tonight - fighting, throwing smoke flares and cans into family areas. They were a disgrace.

Great way to encourage kids to go to games and enjoy the sport. Such ashame.
                                LMAO this thread was started by an FKK parent no suprise. Give it up already your club is declining. Move in trolls!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X