Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does anyone have a clue when toros will have their tryouts??
    Nice turnout for all ages. I guess success breeds success. Naming a DOC will help grow and organize the program but city will have to get more field space. Do you hear me Mr. Mayor and Mr. Commissioners? It can't be all golf courses and tennis courts in the city beautiful!!!!

Comment

Gables Tryouts

Are there any more tryouts for Toros u-10?

Comment

Saturday at 9am at the Coral Gables Youth Center field.

Comment

I hope they get it together. We went to the tryout on Thursday and it was a big mess. No organization, long lines and the absolute worst coaches conducting the tryouts. They were actually using water bottles as cones to do the drills. They were doing these ridiculous drills that my child did when he was 5 years old.. I expected better for the younger kids. The coaches kept looking at their watches see when it was over so they could leave. It was sad.

Comment

Perhaps, you should address your concerns with the Director of Coaching and the other tryout supervisors. I am confident they would welcome the opportunity to hear from you and take whatever steps needed to make all of the kids' experiences at the tryouts more positive and productive.

Comment

I hope they get it together. We went to the tryout on Thursday and it was a big mess. No organization, long lines and the absolute worst coaches conducting the tryouts. They were actually using water bottles as cones to do the drills. They were doing these ridiculous drills that my child did when he was 5 years old.. I expected better for the younger kids. The coaches kept looking at their watches see when it was over so they could leave. It was sad.
              I agree , i saw the same thing. No space to play, awful field. the U10 group was playing with water bottles as goals and cones. Sad!

Comment

Completely false maybe that was the us champions soccer club. They never used water bottles

Comment

http://www.gablestoros.com

This website is new and has the latest tryout dates. Coral Gables will soon announce hiring a DOC (if you can believe it). Our little club apparently wants to be a "real club". LOL!!!
                  Thank you.. U-10 in the process of leaving Pinecrest..

Comment

Wow!!! This is so false I had to respond. If this were true so many kids wouldn't have attended. The Saturday tryout at the Youth Center was well run and packed as well. I did notice that "the new academy" in town left ads in everyone's car trying to drum up business. The Toros have been around for 9 years and just didn't pop up. We have built a reputation of outstanding players and families.

Comment

Completely false maybe that was the us champions soccer club. They never used water bottles
                      Yeah I am tired of receiving emails and propaganda from these scam artists. So lame to post on our thread.

Comment

Don't get so emotional. I'm neutral here.... It was just a simple but obvious observation. They did not have simple orange cones to conduct the drills (not sure why) so they used small water coolers to make goals or as cones. No juggling tests, no shooting drills, no real assessment of a soccer players skillset or footwork. This should not occur when a club plans on charging such an astronomical amount to play "travel" soccer. Also, you could clearly see the people conducting the soccer tryouts were amateurs... Hopefully they do a better job on Saturday.

FYI - Many of these so called "travel teams" are simply looking to squeeze $1800/year out of hardworking parents which is ridiculous.

Mommy or Daddy wants to be able to say my son or daughter plays "travel", so they pay the $1800 to fulfill their ego. The truth is most of these local clubs will accept your kid regardless of skill so they can collect the large fee. It's a big scam and it's very sad.. If I'm paying that kind of money, that coach better be professional or a former pro otherwise you are being ripped off.

I also agree that the new academy US Champions shouldn't be blatantly putting their flyers on your car when you are at another tryout. That is downright classless desperate and says alot about the academy.

Comment

Gables toros tryouts?

Has anyone heard if there are more tryouts or are teams already chosen?

Comment

Has anyone heard if there are more tryouts or are teams already chosen?
                            What age group? Most are full but maybe there is an opening.

Toros have the following ages (# of teams):

U9 (2)
                            U10 (1)
                            U11 (2)
                            U12 (2)
                            U13 (2)
                            U14 (2)
                            U15 (2)
                            U16-none
                            U17 (2)
                            U18 (1)

Comment

U-14 ??????

Comment

U-14 ??????
                                I would check if the second team u14 team has an opening.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X