Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You obviously are drinking someone's Kool Aid. Tobin QUIT, ABANDONED, DUMPED, etc exactly six days before this year's tryouts with no warning. Did the club seek legal relief for breach of contract? No - those in charge decided to move forward and do all they could to keep kids playing. If DT is "it" for youth soccer, why isn't PCU suddenly featured on ESPN as the next provider for the USMNT?

Get a life and bash someone else's club, junior.
    You failed to address all the other questions that were raise, I presume your a member of the board, possibly even the husband or wife. Please share with us your responses to the other questions

Comment

You failed to address all the other questions that were raise, I presume your a member of the board, possibly even the husband or wife. Please share with us your responses to the other questions
      Your right it's always a good idea to come on TS and address issues .
      You are just a disgruntled parent who gets his rocks off by moaning on TS don't think anyone has to answer to you .
      Now you can come back and say oh must be a board member all horrible people blah blah blah
      Let's get rid of them all blah blah blah .

Comment

Let me answer the questions for you, since it looks like DH is too much of a coward to answer the questions:

1. They have a husband and wife both on the Board of Directors.
        Yes, this is true! Only at Dunedin would something like this be allowed to happen, the conflicts of interest are huge and this setup is unethical. Yes, people complained, as a matter of fact, enough people showed up to stop their agenda when they tried to force unethical by laws on the club, that were solely being put in place to strengthen their power and to surround themselves with their friends.

2. They let go one of the most respected DOCS in soccer in Tobin
        Don was forced out by JH, the man that named himself President without any others voting. Tobin is viewed as one of the top trainers in the area, he is adored by parents and kids alike and has produced many top players. Don and Dunedin Soccer went hand in hand, until JH decided on his own to force Tobin out.

3. The club has no VP of Competitive Soccer
        Over 70% of the patrons of the club have left, they have two competitive teams, after JH forced ten teams to relocate to other clubs. Do they really need a VP for two teams?

4. The club has no replacement for Tobin as the new DOC.
        We have heard that JH will be training the competitive teams, keep in mind this guy has no soccer background and is basically a parent coach. His last team won one game and got slaughtered in every other game played. We were told by KT of the Board, that they are not planning to replace Don Tobin, but instead JH will handle the work with the two competitive teams left at the club. I think once the parents find out that a DOC will not be hired and they will be getting training from a amateur they will either ask for a refund or demand some funds back from their club fees, which is only proper.

5. The club has had a major drop in competitive teams.
        Club has dropped from 12 teams down to 2 teams, and most of this can be blamed on the actions of the JH and the other board members. Basically, the competitive part of the program has been destroyed.

6. The clubs new leadership wants to turn the club into a rec only club.
        Yes, they have no desire to have competitive teams on site, hence that no VP of Soccer of Director of Coaching has been named. This is what happens when you have inexperienced people running the club, that are completely clueless about how to run the club. You know your failing when you lose a icon like Tobin, you lose 90% of your competitive teams, you cannot find anyone to take a DOC position or VP position and you have a drop of patrons by 70%.

I strongly encourage former users and even current users of the club to contact the city of Dunedin and share your horror stories, you can use this link to contact the proper people: http://www.dunedingov.com/index.aspx?page=60. It's time for the people of Dunedin to retake over their once proud club, to eliminate this unethical Board of Directors that will completely destroy the club if allowed to go unchecked. Save competitive soccer at Dunedin, these people want to rid the club of the competitive side, but they should not have the power to do this. The writing is on the wall, they have not hired a DOC or VP of Soccer, competitive soccer is being phased out unless we as a community band together and stop these unethical people from killing the program.

Comment

Let me answer the questions for you, since it looks like DH is too much of a coward to answer the questions:

Yes, this is true! Only at Dunedin would something like this be allowed to happen, the conflicts of interest are huge and this setup is unethical. Yes, people complained, as a matter of fact, enough people showed up to stop their agenda when they tried to force unethical by laws on the club, that were solely being put in place to strengthen their power and to surround themselves with their friends.

Don was forced out by JH, the man that named himself President without any others voting. Tobin is viewed as one of the top trainers in the area, he is adored by parents and kids alike and has produced many top players. Don and Dunedin Soccer went hand in hand, until JH decided on his own to force Tobin out.

Over 70% of the patrons of the club have left, they have two competitive teams, after JH forced ten teams to relocate to other clubs. Do they really need a VP for two teams?

We have heard that JH will be training the competitive teams, keep in mind this guy has no soccer background and is basically a parent coach. His last team won one game and got slaughtered in every other game played. We were told by KT of the Board, that they are not planning to replace Don Tobin, but instead JH will handle the work with the two competitive teams left at the club. I think once the parents find out that a DOC will not be hired and they will be getting training from a amateur they will either ask for a refund or demand some funds back from their club fees, which is only proper.

Club has dropped from 12 teams down to 2 teams, and most of this can be blamed on the actions of the JH and the other board members. Basically, the competitive part of the program has been destroyed.

Yes, they have no desire to have competitive teams on site, hence that no VP of Soccer of Director of Coaching has been named. This is what happens when you have inexperienced people running the club, that are completely clueless about how to run the club. You know your failing when you lose a icon like Tobin, you lose 90% of your competitive teams, you cannot find anyone to take a DOC position or VP position and you have a drop of patrons by 70%.

I strongly encourage former users and even current users of the club to contact the city of Dunedin and share your horror stories, you can use this link to contact the proper people: http://www.dunedingov.com/index.aspx?page=60. It's time for the people of Dunedin to retake over their once proud club, to eliminate this unethical Board of Directors that will completely destroy the club if allowed to go unchecked. Save competitive soccer at Dunedin, these people want to rid the club of the competitive side, but they should not have the power to do this. The writing is on the wall, they have not hired a DOC or VP of Soccer, competitive soccer is being phased out unless we as a community band together and stop these unethical people from killing the program.
          Well said. Unfortunately, the city doesn't care either. Numerous letters, meetings...have taken place with them prior to try outs to prevent the mass exodus to no avail.

Comment

PCU has a husband and wife tag team on their board too! No shocker that they have many of the same issues as Dunedin. And DT went to work there...hmmmm

Comment

Well said. Unfortunately, the city doesn't care either. Numerous letters, meetings...have taken place with them prior to try outs to prevent the mass exodus to no avail.
              The city will care if they become deluged with calls and emails, I realize its too late for this upcoming season, but if we keep the pressure on then we can get rid of these amateurs that are killing competitive soccer in Dunedin. I gold a lot with the Mayor, I'm going to start putting a bug in his ear, he is a big supporter of youth sports and I think he just isn't getting the straight story on just what is going on at the club and how a small faction is trying to impose their will on a majority of patrons. I would think that current, former or even concerned citizen in the area that don't want to see the demise of youth competitive soccer in Dunedin, need to take action, even if you just send one email per month, at some point the message will get through and we can stop these people from doing any further damage to the club.

Comment

PCU has a husband and wife tag team on their board too! No shocker that they have many of the same issues as Dunedin. And DT went to work there...hmmmm
                PCU has 22 competitive teams, Dunedin 2 teams. PCU has a DOC, a VP of Competitive Soccer, Dunedin has a rank amateur trying to parade himself as the President, DOC and VP of Competitive soccer when he is not qualified to handle any of those positions. PCU is growing their competitive program whereas Dunedin is phasing out their competitive program. PCU doesn't have one person making decisions for the whole community, Dunedin has one person making decisions without any input from the community.

Comment

Personally, I would hope the competitive program is not being phased out, also I would hope that the club would have a Director of Coaching in place before the start of our upcoming season. Nothing against JH, but he is not capable of being a trainer for advanced soccer. If not, I would agree that parents should be given a refund if no DOC is in place, it only makes sense, one of the main reasons parents place their child in competitive soccer is to get advanced training from a DOC. Many of the other charges being cowardly thrown unto the new leadership are unfounded and unjust, period. They inherited many problems that were created by the previous board, so they can only fix so many at one time. As far as the competitive portion of the club going downhill, it was going downhill for the past few years ,too many teams getting insider advantages that were not being provided to other club teams although all the parents paid the same amount of funds for their child. Each competitive team should be treated on par with the others, no favoritism, which was certainly not occurring previously. As far as Tobin, he has been in the part timer mode for two years, how many competitive games did he show up for in the past year? I never saw him at any of my two kids games. As far as contacting the city about the club, give the people a chance, lets see what they do, if things have not improved by this time next year then obviously the doomsayers were correct, if things show improvement then the club made the right move and got rid of alot of troublemakers and insiders looking for freebies. My worst fear is that this club begins to model themselves after Largo United and Al Sousa, we played there for one year and it was a terrible club that eventually crumbled and became a joke until they were taken over. Hopefully they take the opposite route of the Sousa's , and the leadership of Dunedin, will bring in a quality Director of Coaching that will build the competitive side, if they elect to not hire a DOC then of course parents will be calling for change next year. Let's see how this plays out before making a judgement.

Comment

Personally, I would hope the competitive program is not being phased out, also I would hope that the club would have a Director of Coaching in place before the start of our upcoming season. Nothing against JH, but he is not capable of being a trainer for advanced soccer. If not, I would agree that parents should be given a refund if no DOC is in place, it only makes sense, one of the main reasons parents place their child in competitive soccer is to get advanced training from a DOC. Many of the other charges being cowardly thrown unto the new leadership are unfounded and unjust, period. They inherited many problems that were created by the previous board, so they can only fix so many at one time. As far as the competitive portion of the club going downhill, it was going downhill for the past few years ,too many teams getting insider advantages that were not being provided to other club teams although all the parents paid the same amount of funds for their child. Each competitive team should be treated on par with the others, no favoritism, which was certainly not occurring previously. As far as Tobin, he has been in the part timer mode for two years, how many competitive games did he show up for in the past year? I never saw him at any of my two kids games. As far as contacting the city about the club, give the people a chance, lets see what they do, if things have not improved by this time next year then obviously the doomsayers were correct, if things show improvement then the club made the right move and got rid of alot of troublemakers and insiders looking for freebies. My worst fear is that this club begins to model themselves after Largo United and Al Sousa, we played there for one year and it was a terrible club that eventually crumbled and became a joke until they were taken over. Hopefully they take the opposite route of the Sousa's , and the leadership of Dunedin, will bring in a quality Director of Coaching that will build the competitive side, if they elect to not hire a DOC then of course parents will be calling for change next year. Let's see how this plays out before making a judgement.
                    I have no problem with giving the new people a chance, but if the President fails to hire a DOC and either takes over the training role himself, or brings in paid guests sporadically, then they will be following the Sousa model at Largo which decimated their competitive program, no paying parent cared to have Al Sousa as their DOC, it was a huge error and brought a very profitable club to its knees that was very lucky to have TBU take the mover before they went belly up. Dunedin needs to do the right thing and bring in a qualified Director of Coach in the next few weeks for their competitive teams, not doing so will hasten the downfall of the club and there will be no TBU waiting to bail out Dunedin due to their smallish rec program. I would agree with the other posters, if no DOC has been added by the time practices start, the leadership of Dunedin should be sending out letters to any family that has signed up for competitive soccer advising them that the club will not be providing a DOC this season and offering them a refund on their funds and an immediate release of their player card, it's the only fair way.

Comment

I have no problem with giving the new people a chance, but if the President fails to hire a DOC and either takes over the training role himself, or brings in paid guests sporadically, then they will be following the Sousa model at Largo which decimated their competitive program, no paying parent cared to have Al Sousa as their DOC, it was a huge error and brought a very profitable club to its knees that was very lucky to have TBU take the mover before they went belly up. Dunedin needs to do the right thing and bring in a qualified Director of Coach in the next few weeks for their competitive teams, not doing so will hasten the downfall of the club and there will be no TBU waiting to bail out Dunedin due to their smallish rec program. I would agree with the other posters, if no DOC has been added by the time practices start, the leadership of Dunedin should be sending out letters to any family that has signed up for competitive soccer advising them that the club will not be providing a DOC this season and offering them a refund on their funds and an immediate release of their player card, it's the only fair way.
                      This will be our first year at Dunedin after playing for WFF for numerous years, I think many of us were misled at tryouts. Never once did anyone ever mention that there would be no Director of Coaching available for training with the competitive teams. I asked our daughter who is signed up to play for the U16 team if the coach ever said anything about not having a DOC and she said no. No one in the office area never mentioned once during the paperwork that there would be no DOC for the upcoming season, was it something that we as parents had to ask, this should of been disclosed. We and at least one other new family will not play at the club if they have no DOC for training, it's a waste of funds and defeats the main purpose of club soccer. I implore the administration of the club to be proactive, if your not going to have a DOC for the club for the upcoming season, then please release a letter to all parents communicating this and telling us how we ca nget a refund of our initial payment.

Comment

They should just cancel the competitive season if they don't have a DOC on site, this is fine for rec soccer, but unheard of for club soccer. Just do the honorable thing and shut the season down and refund all parties funds, it might not be too late for some of the kids to get picked up by another club.

Comment

They should just cancel the competitive season if they don't have a DOC on site, this is fine for rec soccer, but unheard of for club soccer. Just do the honorable thing and shut the season down and refund all parties funds, it might not be too late for some of the kids to get picked up by another club.
                          It's not unheard of. Oldsmar doesn't have a DOC. They haven't had one for several years and they consistently have 12 competitive teams. A few of which are pretty darn good. We where at Dunedin back in 2011 and I can tell you even then, Tobin was a no-show most of the time. If you have good coaches that know how to train what need do you have for a DOC?

Comment

It's not unheard of. Oldsmar doesn't have a DOC. They haven't had one for several years and they consistently have 12 competitive teams. A few of which are pretty darn good. We where at Dunedin back in 2011 and I can tell you even then, Tobin was a no-show most of the time. If you have good coaches that know how to train what need do you have for a DOC?
                            Oldsmar is a perfect example of why you need a DOC, they have 9 total teams, of those 9, only one team is any good the rising U18 girls. The other 8 teams are horrendous, Oldsmar probably has the worst boys program in the Tampa area. The boys program (their top boys team is ranked 114th in the state) this clearly shows the parents wont send their kids to clubs that don't offer coaching from a qualified DOC. Yes, Oldsmar is able to keep prices low, but your essentially paying for advanced recreational soccer when your playing on teams ranked below 100 your learning bad soccer. Largo United tried the approach of having no DOC, letting Al Sousa train all the teams, it was also a disaster, parents pulled kids from the program each and every year. Largo United went from having a robust competitive program to last season of having only a handful of teams. Now that TBU is involved you can be certain a DOC will be named. If the current parents were not told at tryouts that the club would not be providing them with a DOC for their kids training, then it really says a lot about a club being desperate to not disclose that fact. Dunedin needs to let the parents make up their own minds by coming clean and telling them the truth, some may still, but I think the majority will leave with no DOC available. One thing you forgot to include, Oldsmar only charge $700 for competitive enrollment, Dunedin charges over a grand, so if Dunedin doesn't want to have a DOC then they need to start refunding some cash.

Comment

This will be our first year at Dunedin after playing for WFF for numerous years, I think many of us were misled at tryouts. Never once did anyone ever mention that there would be no Director of Coaching available for training with the competitive teams. I asked our daughter who is signed up to play for the U16 team if the coach ever said anything about not having a DOC and she said no. No one in the office area never mentioned once during the paperwork that there would be no DOC for the upcoming season, was it something that we as parents had to ask, this should of been disclosed. We and at least one other new family will not play at the club if they have no DOC for training, it's a waste of funds and defeats the main purpose of club soccer. I implore the administration of the club to be proactive, if your not going to have a DOC for the club for the upcoming season, then please release a letter to all parents communicating this and telling us how we ca nget a refund of our initial payment.
                              Sorry for your luck, the club was never like this before, until the husband and wife took over the club, now its a mess. I would call the city, tell them, the Dunedin Soccer Club never disclosed to us at tryouts that the club would not have a Director of Coaching. I have tried to contact the club, but they do not have a VP of Competitive Soccer or Director of Coaching, both positions say vacant on their website. Can you help us get our money back since this was a bait and switch tactic that the club failed to disclose.

Comment

Sorry for your luck, the club was never like this before, until the husband and wife took over the club, now its a mess. I would call the city, tell them, the Dunedin Soccer Club never disclosed to us at tryouts that the club would not have a Director of Coaching. I have tried to contact the club, but they do not have a VP of Competitive Soccer or Director of Coaching, both positions say vacant on their website. Can you help us get our money back since this was a bait and switch tactic that the club failed to disclose.
                                I suppose you prefer the brother/sister combination that ran the club two years in a row?
                                Oh, yeah, they built DOZENS of teams and gold coins fell from the skies. Get a grip.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X