Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    FH doesn't even have a U14girls cdl team (they were suppose to, but got assigned DivII). So not sure you even know what your talking about.

To the original post... the FH merger with Chargers has been no benefit to Chargers. FH not living up to their boasts of what merger would do for them. Some coaching bailed before even started (U13 girls for example), lot's of big ideas and plans marketed to parents prior to season, but very clearly abandoned before starting gun even went off, mess. A predictable scenario would be that many tuck tail and go back to some of the clubs they left at end of season. By 14-15 those with talent and wanting to further develop, should look elsewhere. The competition and staff to push to that next level just isn't there.

You people are just getting this now...sorry but its to late if you havnt moved. Time to change sports now.

But everyone gets a trophy, right?

Comment

FH doesn't even have a U14girls cdl team (they were suppose to, but got assigned DivII). So not sure you even know what your talking about.

To the original post... the FH merger with Chargers has been no benefit to Chargers. FH not living up to their boasts of what merger would do for them. Some coaching bailed before even started (U13 girls for example), lot's of big ideas and plans marketed to parents prior to season, but very clearly abandoned before starting gun even went off, mess. A predictable scenario would be that many tuck tail and go back to some of the clubs they left at end of season. By 14-15 those with talent and wanting to further develop, should look elsewhere. The competition and staff to push to that next level just isn't there.

Boy is that nail on head. And I'm one of those people living in FH that made the switch, and am glad for it. The problem with FH is that it is made up almost entirely by FH community, virtually treated and run more as a country club rather than serious competitive club. As long as the parents are made happy and stroked by the club (non important wins, low level tourney play victories, sons and daughters told they are *awesome*.... they are happy. For the serious family, child who wants to develop and face high level competition...you will go nuts. Brandon, TBU are where you need to look.

Comment

Boy is that nail on head. And I'm one of those people living in FH that made the switch, and am glad for it. The problem with FH is that it is made up almost entirely by FH community, virtually treated and run more as a country club rather than serious competitive club. As long as the parents are made happy and stroked by the club (non important wins, low level tourney play victories, sons and daughters told they are *awesome*.... they are happy. For the serious family, child who wants to develop and face high level competition...you will go nuts. Brandon, TBU are where you need to look.
        How can you mention Brandon and TBU but not Clearwater?

Comment

How can you mention Brandon and TBU but not Clearwater?
          Clearwater is not an option for someone living in Fishhawk. Its a minimum of 80 minutes without traffic. Probably 1 hour 45 minutes with traffic

Comment

Funny, all the posts from non-Fishhawk Club people that follow the club so intently. Why is it that you dislike FH so much. A FH club member can't put one post on here without comment after comment on how FH club sucks. Are you that full of yourselves. Maybe some people want to be loyal and help move the club to the next level. Rather than jumping clubs every year.
            Well let me tell you that the club has only been in around for a few years. Yes it has many problems, how do you start a club and not have problems. FH will be a premiere club in a few years, b/c they have the means and great athletes across the street. Yes they need field space, need better admin, coaching etc but what club that starts out doesn't. Are we supposed to not start any other clubs because of the mighty Brandon. The Brandon club is filled with Fishhawk kids, Newsome High School has one of the best soccer programs in the State. Without Fishhawk $$$ and Talent Brandon would fold like a tent. Enjoy Brandon and follow Fishhawk because you want to reassure yourselves that you made the right decision. Now go ahead and tell us how FH sucks yet again.

Comment

Don't all the kids on the Newsome High School team play for either Brandon or Houston Dynamo?

Comment

Funny, all the posts from non-Fishhawk Club people that follow the club so intently. Why is it that you dislike FH so much. A FH club member can't put one post on here without comment after comment on how FH club sucks. Are you that full of yourselves. Maybe some people want to be loyal and help move the club to the next level. Rather than jumping clubs every year.
                Well let me tell you that the club has only been in around for a few years. Yes it has many problems, how do you start a club and not have problems. FH will be a premiere club in a few years, b/c they have the means and great athletes across the street. Yes they need field space, need better admin, coaching etc but what club that starts out doesn't. Are we supposed to not start any other clubs because of the mighty Brandon. The Brandon club is filled with Fishhawk kids, Newsome High School has one of the best soccer programs in the State. Without Fishhawk $$$ and Talent Brandon would fold like a tent. Enjoy Brandon and follow Fishhawk because you want to reassure yourselves that you made the right decision. Now go ahead and tell us how FH sucks yet again.
                I was not the original poster. I am fine with FH existing and they obviously fill a need in the community. I think that its naïve to think that FH can be a premiere club ever for the following reasons:
                1) Location
                2) Limited draw of talent (basically only draws from FH community)
                3) Limited space
                4) Limited number of quality coaches
                5) Too many parents that don't get it

I feel FH has a ton of good athletes. The problem is that in order to build a premiere soccer program you need to have a much larger area to draw on then a 5 mile radius and your fields need to be accessible. Your location hurts you and what hurts you further is that Brandon has been so successful. Your players that are good will continue to leave as they age whether they go to Brandon or somewhere else.

Comment

Don't all the kids on the Newsome High School team play for either Brandon or Houston Dynamo?
                  The point was not where they play their club soccer. It is where these athletes live.

Comment

I was not the original poster. I am fine with FH existing and they obviously fill a need in the community. I think that its naïve to think that FH can be a premiere club ever for the following reasons:
                    1) Location
                    2) Limited draw of talent (basically only draws from FH community)
                    3) Limited space
                    4) Limited number of quality coaches
                    5) Too many parents that don't get it

I feel FH has a ton of good athletes. The problem is that in order to build a premiere soccer program you need to have a much larger area to draw on then a 5 mile radius and your fields need to be accessible. Your location hurts you and what hurts you further is that Brandon has been so successful. Your players that are good will continue to leave as they age whether they go to Brandon or somewhere else.
                    1) Nothing wrong with location. If you build it they will come. People drive to clearwater, Lakeland etc.
                    2) Ten of the current ENCL Newsome starters come from FH and Riverhills plenty of talent. Community is growing steady with 8000 new homes being build.
                    3) Two years they will have the field space
                    4) See number 1 all the rats will gladly leave Brandon for more money.
                    5) That is just another FH knock by a "Brandon Professional parent"

Was Brandon a successful club when they started out?? How long have they been around 25 years so no comparison to a new club. Give the club a chance to grow.

Comment

1) Nothing wrong with location. If you build it they will come. People drive to clearwater, Lakeland etc.
                      2) Ten of the current ENCL Newsome starters come from FH and Riverhills plenty of talent. Community is growing steady with 8000 new homes being build.
                      3) Two years they will have the field space
                      4) See number 1 all the rats will gladly leave Brandon for more money.
                      5) That is just another FH knock by a "Brandon Professional parent"

Was Brandon a successful club when they started out?? How long have they been around 25 years so no comparison to a new club. Give the club a chance to grow.
                      Fishawk has been there at least 8 years already. It may be more! The ECNL players will not be leaving Brandon to play at FH in USA or CDL I can assure you that. Your older players that are good will continue to leave for more competitive teams and leagues to play in. You say give it time? Its been almost a decade and you havent made any progress. You are drinking kool aid my friend. :)

Comment

Fishawk has been there at least 8 years already. It may be more! The ECNL players will not be leaving Brandon to play at FH in USA or CDL I can assure you that. Your older players that are good will continue to leave for more competitive teams and leagues to play in. You say give it time? Its been almost a decade and you havent made any progress. You are drinking kool aid my friend. :)

They have not been involved with travel soccer for eight yrs...try may be going on their 5th yr.

Comment

Never said the ECNL players would be leaving Brandon to play at FH. What I said was that that ten of the current Girls Newsome players play in the ECNL league. They live in Fishhawk. Which shows you where most of the best Brandon players live. I don't blame the parents for playing at Brandon. That doesn't mean it will never change. Fishhawk has 500 kids in Rec and has to turn kids away. The writing is on the wall you just don't want to read it. If you gave the parents a better option next door they will stay loyal to their community. That will come in time is what I said.

I think you have been drinking too much of the Brandon Kool-Aid my friend and get your fact straight.

FYI:
                          www.fishhawksoccer.com
                          THE CLUB
                          FishHawk Soccer Club was founded in 2008 to enhance the FishHawk Ranch Community and surrounding areas by providing a fun, safe and positive environment to play soccer.

Just in case you have trouble with math 2008-2013 = 5 years.

Comment

Never said the ECNL players would be leaving Brandon to play at FH. What I said was that that ten of the current Girls Newsome players play in the ECNL league. They live in Fishhawk. Which shows you where most of the best Brandon players live. I don't blame the parents for playing at Brandon. That doesn't mean it will never change. Fishhawk has 500 kids in Rec and has to turn kids away. The writing is on the wall you just don't want to read it. If you gave the parents a better option next door they will stay loyal to their community. That will come in time is what I said.

I think you have been drinking too much of the Brandon Kool-Aid my friend and get your fact straight.

FYI:
                            www.fishhawksoccer.com
                            THE CLUB
                            FishHawk Soccer Club was founded in 2008 to enhance the FishHawk Ranch Community and surrounding areas by providing a fun, safe and positive environment to play soccer.

Just in case you have trouble with math 2008-2013 = 5 years.
                            My daughter who lives in FH and plays ECNL played against FH when she was 8. FH has been traveling at least 8 years. Now, I will say that some of their teams are not losing 9-0 like back in the day BUT its not going to get better before your kid is in College and I doubt it ever will to be honest. The good players will always leave FH. Its not about being loyal its about what is best for their kids and if you want to hurt your own kid by keeping them there then that is your choice. I wish you the best of luck

Comment

My daughter who lives in FH and plays ECNL played against FH when she was 8. FH has been traveling at least 8 years. Now, I will say that some of their teams are not losing 9-0 like back in the day BUT its not going to get better before your kid is in College and I doubt it ever will to be honest. The good players will always leave FH. Its not about being loyal its about what is best for their kids and if you want to hurt your own kid by keeping them there then that is your choice. I wish you the best of luck
                              As you quoted above how can FH be traveling for 8 years when the club was not established until 2008;

THE CLUB
                              FishHawk Soccer Club was founded in 2008 to enhance the FishHawk Ranch Community and surrounding areas by providing a fun, safe and positive environment to play soccer. FishHawk Soccer Club is set out to develop great people by teaching life lessons on and off the field. The club provides leagues for every type of soccer player, to ensure safety, fun, and youth development on and off the field.

Also the Fishhawk Sports Complex was developed in the same year 2008.

So what teams were you playing and where 8 years ago?? They did created some select travel teams in 2009. Sorry get your facts straight.

Once again I'm not disputing that Brandon would be a better choice for most, right now. All I'm saying is that this is a young club that will continue to get better. Is it just supposed to fold to make you feel better. When it expands and the community grows it will be a better club than Brandon simply because FH residents will stay close to home and put more money into a already rich club.

Comment

As you quoted above how can FH be traveling for 8 years when the club was not established until 2008;

THE CLUB
                                FishHawk Soccer Club was founded in 2008 to enhance the FishHawk Ranch Community and surrounding areas by providing a fun, safe and positive environment to play soccer. FishHawk Soccer Club is set out to develop great people by teaching life lessons on and off the field. The club provides leagues for every type of soccer player, to ensure safety, fun, and youth development on and off the field.

Also the Fishhawk Sports Complex was developed in the same year 2008.

So what teams were you playing and where 8 years ago?? They did created some select travel teams in 2009. Sorry get your facts straight.

Once again I'm not disputing that Brandon would be a better choice for most, right now. All I'm saying is that this is a young club that will continue to get better. Is it just supposed to fold to make you feel better. When it expands and the community grows it will be a better club than Brandon simply because FH residents will stay close to home and put more money into a already rich club.
                                You can keep clicking you heels Dorothy but wanting it to be so won't make it so. 5 years, 8 years, 10 years doesn't really matter. There is no infrastructure there to support a sustainable competitive program that will play at a consistent high level. Won't happen because competitive soccer will NEVER be a focus of the FH sports board. And if the soccer guys are telling you that "just wait until the new fields..." and you believe that will somehow make a difference then, well you are just stupid. All that will happen when and if those fields get built is that a highly overcrowded situation will just become a moderately over-crowded situation because football and lacrosse and baseball and everything else will also use those fields. They will never be soccer only.

And your last comment is typical of the FishHawk/Truman Show mentality... We have more money so it should of course be better. Sad...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X