Youth Soccer in Pasco/Hillsborough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact the clubs you are interested in talk to the DOC and take your daughter out to trainings at the clubs to see if you and she likes the coach and kids. Everyone on here has a bias and there are plenty of trolls. It's not all about winning at that age it's about learning and loving to play. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      All the feedback you received was all biased. Go visit the clubs and see which one works for you.
      It's not biased! If you're serious about soccer than the following gives your child the highest probability of success (yes, outliers will always exist but taking about probability): Under 11 for girl or boy it doesn't really matter and may not be worth long drives. I would suggest technical trainers once a week to supplement team training. After 12, boy or girl , you need to find the nearest ECNL and DA program. This is tiring debate on this board but have no idea way. After the world cup the debate should be put to rest. The girls national team pick from the biggest programs in the country and so does the mens program. Why fight it?

Comment

It's not biased! If you're serious about soccer than the following gives your child the highest probability of success (yes, outliers will always exist but taking about probability): Under 11 for girl or boy it doesn't really matter and may not be worth long drives. I would suggest technical trainers once a week to supplement team training. After 12, boy or girl , you need to find the nearest ECNL and DA program. This is tiring debate on this board but have no idea way. After the world cup the debate should be put to rest. The girls national team pick from the biggest programs in the country and so does the mens program. Why fight it?

I think the difference is some of us are trying to raise kids not professional soccer players. The point is very few scholarships opportunities exist for soccer in comparison to other sports especially on the boys side.

Comment

Stay out of Pasco, the clubs in Pasco are terrible, parents pull their kids from those clubs and bring them to Pinelas and Hillsborough counties. I think every club in Pasco is a USA League type of club.

Comment

Stay out of Pasco, the clubs in Pasco are terrible, parents pull their kids from those clubs and bring them to Pinelas and Hillsborough counties. I think every club in Pasco is a USA League type of club.
            Pasco hater, get a life. Just like anything else, you have to see which team is best for your child. I drive my kid to a team in Pasco.

Comment

Pasco hater, get a life. Just like anything else, you have to see which team is best for your child. I drive my kid to a team in Pasco.
              your kid must then be a USA League type of player

Comment

I think the difference is some of us are trying to raise kids not professional soccer players. The point is very few scholarships opportunities exist for soccer in comparison to other sports especially on the boys side.
                Honest question. If you don't care about college or professional soccer as an option, why waste your time on a site like this? What can you possibly be looking for?

Comment

your kid must then be a USA League type of player
                  Beats playing TARSA like your kid

Comment

Honest question. If you don't care about college or professional soccer as an option, why waste your time on a site like this? What can you possibly be looking for?
                    The thread is on youth soccer in Pasco/Hillsborough not how to raise the next Messi/Mia Hamm.

Comment

This is U9 for goodness sakes. ECNL does not start until what U13 or U14?? Let's talk about development of the younger player, which many of the small clubs do just fine when given the chance. Sure the player may end up on the ECNL team, but if you look back at the current ECNL rosters, many were developed at the smaller clubs in the younger ages. How else do you explain only 15 players (for example) in the player pool at WFF at U9 Girls; which grows into 40-50 by the time they get older?? They come from the smaller clubs. I wouldn't pay $1200-$1500 to play U9; no thanks.
                      Why not start at the club you plan to play for when you get older? The younger girls get to watch their mentors play ECNL and one day they can play there too. The only reason so many ECNL players played elsewhere when they were younger is because ECNL only started two seasons ago! Where did you come up with those rediculous cost ($1200-$1500) for U9? Try half that to play USA or CDL ($600)

Comment

Humor.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback...

Thanks to those who took the time to provide helpful feedback :) Good luck this season to you and yours!

Comment

If you want your kid to develop great skills the nyou will have to leave Pasco County, none of the clubs in that county have the ability to properly train players. Besides, all of the clubs in that county are stuck in the USA League which is the worst league in the Tampa area.

Comment

If you want your kid to develop great skills the nyou will have to leave Pasco County, none of the clubs in that county have the ability to properly train players. Besides, all of the clubs in that county are stuck in the USA League which is the worst league in the Tampa area.
                              The Pasco hater is back. Oh joy. What a loser. Has to come here daily to post this trash. Get a life

Comment

The Pasco hater is back. Oh joy. What a loser. Has to come here daily to post this trash. Get a life
                                Sounds like the person is telling the truth, what is he/she hating on? It's definitely true that talented kids leave Pasco for clubs outside the county. Also, I could be wrong, but aren't all the clubs in Pasco playing the majority of their games in the USA League? I know I am right about the talented kids, because we take our daughter to TBU and there are quite a few kids from Pasco there. I could be wrong about the clubs all playing in the USA League, but I am unaware of any club in Pasco that is not doing this. If the person had completely made something up then I could see you calling them a hater, but I think the person was just putting out factual known information.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X