Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Every EPL and Bundesliga game the players take a knee against racism before their games.
    Not during any nation’s anthem. Feel free to take a knee in a large, combined circle pre-match. That’s unity.

Comment

Every EPL and Bundesliga game the players take a knee against racism before their games.
      Sure, a short innocuous display against racism done in the first few seconds of the game. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

It's not done during national anthems. It's not done explicitly as a condemnation of the police. It's not denouncing a race of people. The EPL quickly moved away from BLM specifically when the UK started to get a taste of BLM protests in their country because they saw the ugly politics associated with them.

Comment

Yes, we should be surgically attacking only VIRULENT racism so that the merely borderline racists aren’t inconvenienced with looking in the mirror. Make the little white devils take polygraph tests where they are asked “Are you a virulent racist?” If they answer yes, then it’s ok to take a stand against them. If they say “well, I do say the n word occasionally” or “I support the police no matter how many blacks they kill” or “geez, slavery was so long ago can’t they just forget we put them in chains and hung them already?”, then we should just let those fine people slide. Seriously, this is the cop out that white people always give and why racism still exists. Apparently, their definition was of racism is always limited to wearing a white hood and *****ing a black guy. Anything just short of that and they are ok.
        You make my point for me. The "all white people are evil" stance is bs.

Comment

You make my point for me. The "all white people are evil" stance is bs.
          Well, you’re on one side or the other. The worst racists are the closet ones because they allow the active ones to think they are ok. A few weeks ago I read an article about a postcard of a *****ing of a black man in broad daylight from a light pole in a city in the 1920’s. Besides thinking it was pretty sick that someone made a postcard of it back then, the thing that struck me was that over 1,000 white people - men, women, children - were watching this like it was amusement. Like it was a fun, everyday occurrence. People were smiling looking back at the camera. Nobody was trying to stop it. Seemed pretty institutional looking at that postcard.

Now have we come further than that? Absolutely. Is racism in the US dead and not institutionalized? Absolutely not. It’s still alive and everywhere you look if you open your eyes and ears. You need to be on one side or the other to kill racism. You can’t just be standing around doing nothing like those white folks watching a *****ing 100 years ago.

Comment

Well, you’re on one side or the other. The worst racists are the closet ones because they allow the active ones to think they are ok. A few weeks ago I read an article about a postcard of a *****ing of a black man in broad daylight from a light pole in a city in the 1920’s. Besides thinking it was pretty sick that someone made a postcard of it back then, the thing that struck me was that over 1,000 white people - men, women, children - were watching this like it was amusement. Like it was a fun, everyday occurrence. People were smiling looking back at the camera. Nobody was trying to stop it. Seemed pretty institutional looking at that postcard.

Now have we come further than that? Absolutely. Is racism in the US dead and not institutionalized? Absolutely not. It’s still alive and everywhere you look if you open your eyes and ears. You need to be on one side or the other to kill racism. You can’t just be standing around doing nothing like those white folks watching a *****ing 100 years ago.
            Yep, all white people are irredeemable evil racists. Got it.

Comment

Yes, we should be surgically attacking only VIRULENT racism so that the merely borderline racists aren’t inconvenienced with looking in the mirror. Make the little white devils take polygraph tests where they are asked “Are you a virulent racist?” If they answer yes, then it’s ok to take a stand against them. If they say “well, I do say the n word occasionally” or “I support the police no matter how many blacks they kill” or “geez, slavery was so long ago can’t they just forget we put them in chains and hung them already?”, then we should just let those fine people slide. Seriously, this is the cop out that white people always give and why racism still exists. Apparently, their definition was of racism is always limited to wearing a white hood and *****ing a black guy. Anything just short of that and they are ok.
              Srryan, some people poke fun at caricatures of everyone and everything. The Poles, Degos, Mcs, and Jews that came here, worked hard and worried about themselves couldn't care less ..... Some folks make it an excuse to say how the system is blatantly against them. Sorry, if you don't value education and make your kids do well in school they are doomed to repeat your failures by your doing, not mine. Freedom ain't free and we can't liberate the middle East unless theybatepnuo and take it .... Same is true of race issues here .... If local communities don't hold themselves accountable and demand better from their own people and children, then no amount of money or legislation can possibly fix it.

Comment

Srryan, some people poke fun at caricatures of everyone and everything. The Poles, Degos, Mcs, and Jews that came here, worked hard and worried about themselves couldn't care less ..... Some folks make it an excuse to say how the system is blatantly against them. Sorry, if you don't value education and make your kids do well in school they are doomed to repeat your failures by your doing, not mine. Freedom ain't free and we can't liberate the middle East unless theybatepnuo and take it .... Same is true of race issues here .... If local communities don't hold themselves accountable and demand better from their own people and children, then no amount of money or legislation can possibly fix it.
                You are showing how ignorant you are to compare white European immigrants who came here voluntarily to blacks who came here as slaves and then suffered through 100 years of laws and systematic brutality that gave them no rights or means to improve themselves. I don’t recall any stories of millions of Irish or Italians being denied the right to vote or own land or move about freely. Never heard of the Polish being hung in trees here by the thousands. Never heard of all Jews being told they couldn’t eat in a restaurant, attend good schools, or drink from a water fountain. You can assimilate when your skin color is white. Much harder when it’s black.

And I don’t know where you get the idea that the US is trying to liberate the Middle East or why you need to mention it when talking about racism in the US. We supposedly went there to combat terrorism and find WMDs (which we never found), not liberate anybody.

You just sound like a straight up racist. Sorry you think you’re not, but the words you write betray you.

Comment

You are showing how ignorant you are to compare white European immigrants who came here voluntarily to blacks who came here as slaves and then suffered through 100 years of laws and systematic brutality that gave them no rights or means to improve themselves. I don’t recall any stories of millions of Irish or Italians being denied the right to vote or own land or move about freely. Never heard of the Polish being hung in trees here by the thousands. Never heard of all Jews being told they couldn’t eat in a restaurant, attend good schools, or drink from a water fountain. You can assimilate when your skin color is white. Much harder when it’s black.

And I don’t know where you get the idea that the US is trying to liberate the Middle East or why you need to mention it when talking about racism in the US. We supposedly went there to combat terrorism and find WMDs (which we never found), not liberate anybody.

You just sound like a straight up racist. Sorry you think you’re not, but the words you write betray you.
                  You're joking right? At different points in American history, migrant Irish, Italian, Chinese, and Jewish people were despised, taunted, and treated horrificly too .... They were resilient and found the bldg to keep trying and make something if their lives for themselves and their families. Somewhere along the way it seems that many urban minorities have become content with the scraps given to them and don't seem to want to work harder for education and to get ahead. Sorry, this does not apply to all minorities but many urban folk seem to be comfortable with the system if entitlements and complaining.

Comment

Lol, some of those groups you just named were heavily discriminated against in our countries history including being denied jobs, denied access to various schools, denied housing in certain areas, denied at restaurants, etc. This is why we have things like Little Italy, the Borscht Belt, Hells Kitchen and so on. Never head of "No Irish Need Apply"? Look up Bloody Monday. They had to carve out their own area's because they weren't accepted elsewhere. Read a book.

Comment

Lol, some of those groups you just named were heavily discriminated against in our countries history including being denied jobs, denied access to various schools, denied housing in certain areas, denied at restaurants, etc. This is why we have things like Little Italy, the Borscht Belt, Hells Kitchen and so on. Never head of "No Irish Need Apply"? Look up Bloody Monday. They had to carve out their own area's because they weren't accepted elsewhere. Read a book.
                      Look Spanky, I’m not the OP, but I’m in one of those “discriminated” against, EU, WHITE, immigrant groups. 2 Generations in, & my white skin gives me all the privilege someone who is black NEVER gets, even if they’re 6 generations in. Plus if oppression was to the level the black communities face today, those city areas you mention wouldn’t be tourist attractions today. Never mind the fact you need to dig out a history book to make a point, while George Floyd suffocated to death, calling for his a Mama THIS year. So I agree with the OP. You’re racist.

Comment

Holy crap you are ignorant! So your great great or great grandparents weren’t welcomed with open arms when they stepped off the boat and gravitated to living in neighborhoods with their own kind like Little Italy or wherever, but it wasn’t so terrible that they didn’t just get back on the boat and leave. By the next generation their kids had decent jobs, housing, etc. and were fully assimilated into American life. How dare you compare that to the black experience of slavery and Jim Crow that lasted for hundreds of years?! You should read a f-ckin book!

And I love the other poster’s comments about “urban” minorities. You can always tell a white person who grew up in a largely white suburb or rural area when they start talking about urban minorities and ghettos. They watched Boys in the Hood on tv once and know everything about urban minorities.

Comment

Holy crap you are ignorant! So your great great or great grandparents weren’t welcomed with open arms when they stepped off the boat and gravitated to living in neighborhoods with their own kind like Little Italy or wherever, but it wasn’t so terrible that they didn’t just get back on the boat and leave. By the next generation their kids had decent jobs, housing, etc. and were fully assimilated into American life. How dare you compare that to the black experience of slavery and Jim Crow that lasted for hundreds of years?! You should read a f-ckin book!

And I love the other poster’s comments about “urban” minorities. You can always tell a white person who grew up in a largely white suburb or rural area when they start talking about urban minorities and ghettos. They watched Boys in the Hood on tv once and know everything about urban minorities.
                          LOL, claiming that Jews had it easy disqualifies anything you say. Ever hear of the holocaust?

Comment

Jeesh. I click on a NT thread and it's a diatribe on racism by white people. Only on TS.

Comment

One bright spot, the 11 players that finished the match were the most attractive squad they fielded in quite some time.

Comment

Look Spanky, I’m not the OP, but I’m in one of those “discriminated” against, EU, WHITE, immigrant groups. 2 Generations in, & my white skin gives me all the privilege someone who is black NEVER gets, even if they’re 6 generations in. Plus if oppression was to the level the black communities face today, those city areas you mention wouldn’t be tourist attractions today. Never mind the fact you need to dig out a history book to make a point, while George Floyd suffocated to death, calling for his a Mama THIS year. So I agree with the OP. You’re racist.
                                George Floyd is a great example.
                                urban? Check.
                                Minority? Check.
                                High? Check.
                                Committing a crime? Check (bouncing)
                                First offense? Nope.

The product of cultural inadequacies multiplied by systemic inequities and amplified by societal apathy. You cant point your finger in one direction

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X