Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    $500 per day fine if you don’t follow the restrictions. Plus most schools issued notices that children will be remote for 14 days if they visit a high risk state on Thanksgiving weekend.
    Eff u again
    Send em my way. Hertz family from Holden, MA. Ask for Richard

Comment

Has everything been shut down yet? Or is it next Monday?

Comment

Has everything been shut down yet? Or is it next Monday?
        Any Monday

Comment

RI and NJ are announcing shutdowns today. When will this all stop?

Comment

The sky is falling the sky is falling

Comment

it won't "Stop" until enough people are vaccinated. In the meantime it can get better and back to semi normal if a large portion of the population would start taking it more seriously. We don't have to have total lockdowns, just targets areas, and people need to skip getting together in homes, bars and restaurants.

Comment

it won't "Stop" until enough people are vaccinated. In the meantime it can get better and back to semi normal if a large portion of the population would start taking it more seriously. We don't have to have total lockdowns, just targets areas, and people need to skip getting together in homes, bars and restaurants.
                Exactly. The sky is not falling but there is a problem here and the problem is the hospitals being at risk of filling up with covid patients. That's a problem even if the vast majority get better (which they do). Those on the right that pretend there's no issue aren't helping. But those on the left who don't focus on the actual problem and just scream about the sky falling aren't helping either. Neither are the ridiculous choices being made about what can be open and what can't, activities that are restricted while mass demonstrations happen etc. When this all started the big issue was the hospitals. That became lost in a sea of crappy political posturing on both sides.

Comment

Exactly. The sky is not falling but there is a problem here and the problem is the hospitals being at risk of filling up with covid patients. That's a problem even if the vast majority get better (which they do). Those on the right that pretend there's no issue aren't helping. But those on the left who don't focus on the actual problem and just scream about the sky falling aren't helping either. Neither are the ridiculous choices being made about what can be open and what can't, activities that are restricted while mass demonstrations happen etc. When this all started the big issue was the hospitals. That became lost in a sea of crappy political posturing on both sides.
                  25-30% of CV hospital numbers are with & not for CV.
                  You mean filling up like every year this time with respiratory virus patients.
                  There is nothing new under the sun comrade.
                  I don’t see any real issues with hospital utilization.

Comment

25-30% of CV hospital numbers are with & not for CV.
                    You mean filling up like every year this time with respiratory virus patients.
                    There is nothing new under the sun comrade.
                    I don’t see any real issues with hospital utilization.
                    This many people don't land in the hospital with flu, not even in a bad flu season. Winter hasn't even started yet and the virus thrives in the dry winter air. Combine it with Thanksgiving, fatigue and other factors and it's going to get way worse before it gets better.

Pence and Trump have officially given up. They loosened the reins on Fauci, Birx and the Surgeon General, all of whom made the Sunday talk shows to implore people to stay home for Xmas.

Comment

This many people don't land in the hospital with flu, not even in a bad flu season. Winter hasn't even started yet and the virus thrives in the dry winter air. Combine it with Thanksgiving, fatigue and other factors and it's going to get way worse before it gets better.

Pence and Trump have officially given up. They loosened the reins on Fauci, Birx and the Surgeon General, all of whom made the Sunday talk shows to implore people to stay home for Xmas.
                      I think you are going to see an even bigger drop in travel for the holidays compared to other years. Most kids that came home from college for Thanksgiving have no plans on returning until after the New Year. In fact, I bet yesterday (Sunday) wasn't particularly busy travel-wise.

Comment

I think you are going to see an even bigger drop in travel for the holidays compared to other years. Most kids that came home from college for Thanksgiving have no plans on returning until after the New Year. In fact, I bet yesterday (Sunday) wasn't particularly busy travel-wise.
                        Unfortunately it was the busiest air travel day since the pandemic started. Well below normal Thanksgivings but still a lot of people in the skies. Plenty of people driving too. However I think one thing that will help is in 2-3 weeks the case numbers from Thanksgiving will take off and will spook a lot of people.

"Nearly 1.18 million travelers passed through U.S. airports on Sunday, making it the busiest air travel day since the coronavirus pandemic took hold in March.

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) said it screened 1,176,091 people at security checkpoints nationwide, the most since March 16. That followed nearly 1.1 million passengers on the day before Thanksgiving, despite warnings from public health officials to avoid traveling for this year's holiday."

https://thehill.com/policy/transport...ak-since-march

Comment

It’s Monday. Nothing ended. We are not shut down.
                          Baker is not shutting down businesses it’s up to citizens to wash hands, wear masks and use common sense. Play, work, go to school but stop the drama.

Comment

It’s Monday. Nothing ended. We are not shut down.
                            Baker is not shutting down businesses it’s up to citizens to wash hands, wear masks and use common sense. Play, work, go to school but stop the drama.
                            But I'm scared. I'm scared.

cuz I'm fat. we need to worry. Rest of you are fine

Comment

But I'm scared. I'm scared.

cuz I'm fat. we need to worry. Rest of you are fine
                              Maybe losing your sense of taste will help you lose weight.
                              30 million of us on the fat boat...but just like the covid deniers, we’ve been told for years it will come to haunt us...that day is here.

Fix:Wear a f’n mask. It’ll save you from covid and overeating.

Comment

Maybe losing your sense of taste will help you lose weight.
                                30 million of us on the fat boat...but just like the covid deniers, we’ve been told for years it will come to haunt us...that day is here.

Fix:Wear a f’n mask. It’ll save you from covid and overeating.
                                No! Obesity is not my fault.
                                Morgan Spurlock exposed how America systemically inflates caloric intake.
                                You need to wear a mask to keep my metabolically compromised Phatass safe

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X