•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It isn’t going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What are the odds the Disney Showcase over christmas break takes place? It looks like the ESPN WWS is shut down currently.

I am not from Florida so wonder what it looks like there in terms of covid, sports leagues playing and if this showcase will be shutdown or not.

Making travel plans is a PITA in a COVID World.
      I've worked for Disney for more than ten years. I don't think there is ANY chance that they will allow kids to compete without masks and without a bubble. There is just no way that they will take that risk, especially with several positive cases in the clubs around Orlando.

Comment

We are currently playing, don't see why it wouldn't continue. I could see limited age groups, but I would think it would go on.
        Many states have FL on their travel restriction list - have to quarantine 24 days upon returning from FL or pay out of pocket to get Covid tested. D1 coaches can't attend before Jan 1 and the dead period could get pushed back again. People don't even want to travel to see family let alone go to a soccer tournament. Families wi start pushing back with their clubs and cancelations will start racking up.

In other words...if you're not local don't book anything unless its fully refundable

Comment

As of now my club is planning on going, i just dont see it happening though. Even if it does happen i think the restrictions, such as no parents allowed to watch or limited guests per game will turn a lot of people off. Who wants to pay crazy fees and then have restrictions.

Comment

As of now my club is planning on going, i just dont see it happening though. Even if it does happen i think the restrictions, such as no parents allowed to watch or limited guests per game will turn a lot of people off. Who wants to pay crazy fees and then have restrictions.
            and it's not much of an event if it's just Florida teams and no coaches. Coaches don't want to come down here for limited games and have to quarantine once they go home again. If things were stable maybe, but cases are going up and up and no one will want to commit to this two months out.

Comment

and it's not much of an event if it's just Florida teams and no coaches. Coaches don't want to come down here for limited games and have to quarantine once they go home again. If things were stable maybe, but cases are going up and up and no one will want to commit to this two months out.
              This tournament is not what it used to be, I am nit sure who ruined or took the prestige away. Was it clubs our leagues that got tired or WDW getting at that $$$ and decided to try and start their own tournament to get the $$$. Either way it has dropped off a lot.

Comment

Cancelled. E-Mails have gone out. Sucks

Comment

Prove it or shut it.

Comment

Damn, got the email too. This sucks

Comment

Got a text from a friend who works for Disney. Said Junior Showcase is cancelled. Boys and girls showcases and President's day events are still to be held as scheduled.

Comment

Got a text from a friend who works for Disney. Said Junior Showcase is cancelled. Boys and girls showcases and President's day events are still to be held as scheduled.
                        until they're not....That's way too far out to predict anything. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. If your kids are playing make sure to get lots of quality game footage because coaches are asking for it in covid times. Even if restrictions are eased in some areas/states, local hot spots will prevent some showcases/tournaments from happening and keep colleges from holding on campus events.

Comment

until they're not....That's way too far out to predict anything. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. If your kids are playing make sure to get lots of quality game footage because coaches are asking for it in covid times. Even if restrictions are eased in some areas/states, local hot spots will prevent some showcases/tournaments from happening and keep colleges from holding on campus events.
                          You know coaches want video footage of current year when you are being recruited, there are no good teams who go to the Disney tournament that are over U13. So if you are 17 or 18 and still playing at this tournament trying to get recruited, well...good luck.

Comment

There are no good teams at this tournament anymore, especially once you get to the 14 and older brackets.

Comment

Cancelled. Stop Talking. See you next year.

Comment

Junior showcase was canceled. I expect the one around the new year to be canceled as well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X