Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They lost 2 one goal games to top teams when they clearly are hurting from all the offensive injuries. It isn't like they don't belong. Going in the road is tough enough without having to deal with missing starters.
    So …Hows that second place finish look?

Comment

What's next for the coalition? How 'bout a parade, fellas?

Comment

What's next for the coalition? How 'bout a parade, fellas?
        Well they conquered poor kids playing for free so next maybe they can go out and ban all mothers with kids from playing in the city parks!! woo hooo nothing like working together for a great cause!

Comment

Gotta love how OC wants to think that a Coalition is all FKK .... It is every area club. These clubs are happy to work together and let one another exist. What they are banding against is not just the field issue, but OC's fight for a 100-mile homegrown rule - for those of you that haven't bothered to do their research - OC wants to be able to find a diamond in any club in a 100-mile radius and take them for their own. It's not about disadvantaged kids. It's about that one star.
          Isn't the homegrown rule an established MLS rule? Isn't the homegrown territory generally defined as within a 75 mile radius of the home stadium, plus any additional area granted to the team? Aren't all of the clubs in the coalition well within 75 miles of OC's home stadium? Don't players have to actually play in the team's development system in order for them to quality under the homegrown rule? If a youth player doesn't want to be considered a homegrown player, can't they just remain with any other youth club?

I'm assuming you are saying that OC is requesting that MLS grant them an additional 25 miles in their home territory, and that is part of the issue. But those additional 25 miles don't impact any of the clubs in the coalition - they are already within the 75 miles that is generally accepted as the home territory. So what exactly is the issue? Is OC trying to apply the homegrown rule in different ways than all of the other MLS clubs?

Comment

They lost 2 one goal games to top teams when they clearly are hurting from all the offensive injuries. It isn't like they don't belong. Going in the road is tough enough without having to deal with missing starters.
            I would say that injuries play a huge role. Playing ECNL is a long and grueling season for sure. Our team actually suffered a crazy amount of injuries but that happened earlier in the season. I think they proved they belong but the season is a body of work with the team you have and while everyone will not have the same injury burden we all have the same conditions. I agree with the poster above in the sense that predicting a second place finish for this team was incredibly unrealistic (even if healthy). They had a shot at 3rd if they could get the results but losing to CESA and BUSA made that incredibly unlikely as well especially since BUSA has such an easy schedule by comparison to OC and WFF for that matter. I suspect the order of finish will be:
            1) CSA
            2) Concorde
            3) BUSA

4,5,6 will go to WFF, OC, CESA all depending on the outcomes of the remaining schedule. CESA will likely get 6th place because they have the toughest remaining schedule unless they can beat BOTH WFF and OC. That leaves OC and WFF fighting for spots 4,5.

Comment

I would say that injuries play a huge role. Playing ECNL is a long and grueling season for sure. Our team actually suffered a crazy amount of injuries but that happened earlier in the season. I think they proved they belong but the season is a body of work with the team you have and while everyone will not have the same injury burden we all have the same conditions. I agree with the poster above in the sense that predicting a second place finish for this team was incredibly unrealistic (even if healthy). They had a shot at 3rd if they could get the results but losing to CESA and BUSA made that incredibly unlikely as well especially since BUSA has such an easy schedule by comparison to OC and WFF for that matter. I suspect the order of finish will be:
              1) CSA
              2) Concorde
              3) BUSA

4,5,6 will go to WFF, OC, CESA all depending on the outcomes of the remaining schedule. CESA will likely get 6th place because they have the toughest remaining schedule unless they can beat BOTH WFF and OC. That leaves OC and WFF fighting for spots 4,5.

Predictions (even informed, considered predictions) are useless. They lead to excuses later (as in "lots of injuries").

Comment

Well they conquered poor kids playing for free so next maybe they can go out and ban all mothers with kids from playing in the city parks!! woo hooo nothing like working together for a great cause!
                wow... nice spin. "Local clubs banding together against OCYS' plans = hating poor kids"

If you're not on Phil's payroll, you should be.

Comment

And was developed by JM and CR at both Cfu and FCA
                  CFU for what a year when they were 5? They were mainly at IUS and FCA.

Comment

Isn't the homegrown rule an established MLS rule? Isn't the homegrown territory generally defined as within a 75 mile radius of the home stadium, plus any additional area granted to the team? Aren't all of the clubs in the coalition well within 75 miles of OC's home stadium? Don't players have to actually play in the team's development system in order for them to quality under the homegrown rule? If a youth player doesn't want to be considered a homegrown player, can't they just remain with any other youth club?

I'm assuming you are saying that OC is requesting that MLS grant them an additional 25 miles in their home territory, and that is part of the issue. But those additional 25 miles don't impact any of the clubs in the coalition - they are already within the 75 miles that is generally accepted as the home territory. So what exactly is the issue? Is OC trying to apply the homegrown rule in different ways than all of the other MLS clubs?
                    This is interesting. Please explain further?

Comment

Predictions (even informed, considered predictions) are useless. They lead to excuses later (as in "lots of injuries").
                      My point was different. I really do not mind people making predictions. My point was that the one particular prediction reveals the unrealistic views of the person predicting. Gives insight as to how a person thinks and whether they are appropriate or delusional. My point is that the original poster who suggested they would get 2nd was delusional LOL

Comment

PR's interpretation - directly quoted from him is that he would like to apply the "homegrown rule" to all identified players - regardless of club. He would like to take them from any other club within 100 miles and own them at OC... So yes, he does apply it differently.

Comment

Another great weekend for the U14 ECNL. How many losses in a row DT and CM? Your girls suck.
                          The integrity of this parent has got to be tops. Stating that 13 and 14 yr old girl soccer players..suck??!! Really??

Ring your wife buddy.....its time for her daily FISTING.....

Comment

PR's interpretation - directly quoted from him is that he would like to apply the "homegrown rule" to all identified players - regardless of club. He would like to take them from any other club within 100 miles and own them at OC... So yes, he does apply it differently.
                            What he wants to do and what he can do may be two different things. The rule is still evolving, but MLS establishes the rules, and I think he would have to have some type of affiliate agreement with the other clubs in order to be able to sign their players under the homegrown rule, similar to what Philadelphia Union does. So I would need to see his quote in its full context to know if he is trying to do something unique, or if he is trying to model it after Philadelphia. From what I have read about the rule, he can't just go to another club and say, "I want that player." (It sounds like if he wants to get other clubs to affiliate with OC, he has a lot of work to do.)

Comment

The integrity of this parent has got to be tops. Stating that 13 and 14 yr old girl soccer players..suck??!! Really??

Ring your wife buddy.....its time for her daily FISTING.....
                              Wow…talking about 13-14 year old girls and "Fisting" in the same paragraph……sounds like you have been abused yourself

Comment

Same guy from FKK posting over and over and pretending to by OC parent, concerned Rush parent and angry FCA parent. Anyone can see that the closer we get to try-outs the more he is going to post and try and sway people to spend their $1500 with FKK. I don't think he even understands how much damage he has done to his own club. OC has DA and ECNL and kids will come from miles around to try and make those teams this spring. Not a single complaint from an OC parent on here about ECNL this year and that speaks volumes more than the rantings of some FKKrazy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X