Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No they aren't. Initials were meant to protect children, not adults. Searching google to find out who these people are is ridiculous. The common sense thing to do is for people to use their names.
    And using initials for kids whose names are all over the internet is pretty dumb too.

Comment

Geoff Cameron's player background

I did this research on Geoff for a Globe article that ran on him. The content was not published but it is interesting to note a few things: His dad did a nice job with him during his developmental years; he had a lot of notable coaches, including Steve Nichols, to teach him as he turned 15 and started playing club ball and later ODP.

I read TS periodically to see what folks are thinking about. There is a lot of writing on making it in both boys and girls youth soccer. Since Cameron was only the second player from MA to make it to the USMNT, I was very curious about his trajectory during his youth years. Noteworthy from talking to his coaches, Cameron played soccer more than the average kid of his time, was extremely passionate about the game, and played during a time when soccer was growing in his community and regionally and the soccer teachers were very inspired.

So kudos to Geoff. MA needs more players making it pro and the USMNT. His background in this attachment so you can glean from his incredible flight path.
      Attached Files

Comment

No they aren't. Initials were meant to protect children, not adults. Searching google to find out who these people are is ridiculous. The common sense thing to do is for people to use their names.
        Actually, you aren't even supposed to use initials for children. Initials are for adults, and full names are permitted only under certain circumstances:

"You are NOT ALLOWED to post the name or initials of minors (under 18) on this board. If the subject regards an adult, initials will be allowed

You may post full names on if DIRECTLY quoting public information (newspaper article, etc...) and ONLY that article. The quoting of the article or post containing the article does not then allow the use of the persons name if later posts outside of that context."

Comment

Actually, you aren't even supposed to use initials for children. Initials are for adults, and full names are permitted only under certain circumstances:

"You are NOT ALLOWED to post the name or initials of minors (under 18) on this board. If the subject regards an adult, initials will be allowed

You may post full names on if DIRECTLY quoting public information (newspaper article, etc...) and ONLY that article. The quoting of the article or post containing the article does not then allow the use of the persons name if later posts outside of that context."
          What idiot is responsible for those rules?

Comment

Originally posted by cali60 View Post
            I did this research on Geoff for a Globe article that ran on him. The content was not published but it is interesting to note a few things: His dad did a nice job with him during his developmental years; he had a lot of notable coaches, including Steve Nichols, to teach him as he turned 15 and started playing club ball and later ODP.

I read TS periodically to see what folks are thinking about. There is a lot of writing on making it in both boys and girls youth soccer. Since Cameron was only the second player from MA to make it to the USMNT, I was very curious about his trajectory during his youth years. Noteworthy from talking to his coaches, Cameron played soccer more than the average kid of his time, was extremely passionate about the game, and played during a time when soccer was growing in his community and regionally and the soccer teachers were very inspired.

So kudos to Geoff. MA needs more players making it pro and the USMNT. His background in this attachment so you can glean from his incredible flight path.
            Did you mean Steve Nicol, former Liverpool defender and NE Revs coach?

OMG! Look at all the names we've actually used! Are we going to get banned by the forum?

Comment

Cameron at Attleboro high school today ..taking questions .
              When asked to describe how he started his career. He stated Attleboro Youth Soccer , Bayside ( RI) and Boston Bolts then college.

Nice introduction , was given key to the city and the mayor honored him by stating July 17 is Geoff Cameron day.They had a raffle then he signed autograph until the last person got a chance to take a picture and signature. Really nice guy!!

Only one thing ruined the night. A stupid GPS mascot passing out flier to young kids . Wish their was a no soliciting sign posted ,then the mascot and some GPS coach waited in line to take a picture with him. He looked really uncomfortable between them ..

I hope GPS is not going to post the pictures on their website and try and take some credit for his development.

Comment

Rules on this forum are never enforced.

Comment

Cameron at Attleboro high school today ..taking questions .
                  When asked to describe how he started his career. He stated Attleboro Youth Soccer , Bayside ( RI) and Boston Bolts then college.

Nice introduction , was given key to the city and the mayor honored him by stating July 17 is Geoff Cameron day.They had a raffle then he signed autograph until the last person got a chance to take a picture and signature. Really nice guy!!

Only one thing ruined the night. A stupid GPS mascot passing out flier to young kids . Wish their was a no soliciting sign posted ,then the mascot and some GPS coach waited in line to take a picture with him. He looked really uncomfortable between them ..

I hope GPS is not going to post the pictures on their website and try and take some credit for his development.
                  I think he did play for an MPS team. I remember seeing him play for the PDL team, on the Cape, while at URI. Maybe he played against, but almost positive it was Cape Cod Crusaders. He does have a relationship with PB and JB.

Comment

I think he did play for an MPS team. I remember seeing him play for the PDL team, on the Cape, while at URI. Maybe he played against, but almost positive it was Cape Cod Crusaders. He does have a relationship with PB and JB.
                    Why does it seem like everyone has a relationship with mps.give it a rest ! You guys are like roaches

Comment

At best he HAD a relationship with..... I doubt he would agree with your statement.

Comment

http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...-his-dream.ece

everyone please wake up as I said a month ago SD is the biggest part of this kids development. one of the most overlooked coaches in new england. read the article they are still close

Comment

everyone please wake up as I said a month ago SD is the biggest part of this kids development. one of the most overlooked coaches in new england. read the article they are still close
                          Thanks Coach D!

Comment

I don't understand why SD had to mention the whole thing about Providence College and not taking GC. Comes off like sour grapes since his nephew who runs bayside fc is a associated with PC and he still mad that he broke away from him.
                            the article also stated GC was 7 years old when he met SD .I thought it was 7 th grade??

Comment

I don't understand why SD had to mention the whole thing about Providence College and not taking GC. Comes off like sour grapes since his nephew who runs bayside fc is a associated with PC and he still mad that he broke away from him.
                              the article also stated GC was 7 years old when he met SD .I thought it was 7 th grade??
                              What ya be talkin about Willis ?

Comment

What ya be talkin about Willis ?
                                The article is about GC chasing his dream of playing professional. The article goes to mention how Providence College missed out on opportunity to have GC at their school. SD and his nephew had fallout and parted .MA founded what is now known as bayside fc bolts and SD stayed with his club bayside united. Two different clubs. MA runs Bayside FC bolts and works for PC.
                                Not sure why PC was mentioned ed in the article .I am sure GC could have went to other schools as well

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X