Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soccer Mom 2 View Post
    Can you be dual rostered for the Championships? I know its two different age groups, but I'd think it would not be allowed?
    Was the player dual rostered for the State Cup....doubt it.

Comment

Can you be dual rostered for the Championships? I know its two different age groups, but I'd think it would not be allowed?
      Why not? Is there an unfair advantage if a younger player is playing up?

Comment

From an NEFC parent- The Portsmouth girl you are talking about is only playing for NEFC a regionals and she did not play for Portsmouth in any State Cup games. You are able to play up in regionals though. I know we have one u13 girl on our u14 team and the Portsmouth u15 team is made up of u13, u14, and u15's

Comment

She is on Porstmouth's roster!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            And they play U15 NEFC Elite in first match (at least I think that is what I saw.) Kinda ironic. LOL!

Comment

And they play U15 NEFC Elite in first match (at least I think that is what I saw.) Kinda ironic. LOL!
              Shes played with them and practiced against them. They know how to defend her and the lack of talent surrounding her will make her a non factor. If I was nefc I'd have a real problem having this girl play a minimum of six and as many as 10 games in a 5 day stretch. If there was any question that this mom is a lunatic you need no further proof. This is an acl waiting to happen.

Comment

Shes played with them and practiced against them. They know how to defend her and the lack of talent surrounding her will make her a non factor. If I was nefc I'd have a real problem having this girl play a minimum of six and as many as 10 games in a 5 day stretch. If there was any question that this mom is a lunatic you need no further proof. This is an acl waiting to happen.
                She is not allowed to be on two rosters. One of the teams has a problem.

Comment

forgot to mention URI fields are horrible

Comment

She is not allowed to be on two rosters. One of the teams has a problem.
                    I had asked this before, and people seemed to think that it was allowed. Do we know for sure that it is not, or is this just a guess?

Comment

I had asked this before, and people seemed to think that it was allowed. Do we know for sure that it is not, or is this just a guess?
                      Only allowed on 1 State Cup roster. At least in MA

Comment

"Rule 224. PLAYER ELIGIBILITY
                        Section 1. A player must be properly registered and rostered in accordance with the rules of US Youth
                        Soccer and the State Association
                        Section 2. A youth player may be on the National Championships roster of only one team’s at each level
                        of the National Championships competitions during any seasonal year; provided, however, that s youth
                        player who was rostered to a team of a club at a National Championship competition level that does not
                        advance to the next level and who has been issued a club pass of that club in accordance with this
                        policy may be rostered to another team of that club at the next level of the National Championship
                        competitions. Subject to the foregoing, and subject to the provisions of Rule 221, Section 1 (5) at each
                        level of the National Championships competitions, a team may add to its National Championships roster
                        for that level as many registered youth players holding club passes of that club of which a team is a
                        member as the team or its club determines so long as the roster does not exceed 22 players. A team
                        may not change the club of which it is a member at any time after the commencement of the National
                        Championship competitions and in any event only in compliance with the rule of the State Association
                        of which the club is a member.
                        Section 4. The first National Championships roster of a team to which the player is rostered is the only
                        team with which the player may participate at each level of the National Championships competition for a
                        seasonal year.

A club team wins State Cup and will be going to the Regional Championships: that team may now club pass a
                        player (or players) from their club so long as said player (or players) were registered to the club by the roster
                        freeze date for their State Cup and/or Premier League – whichever comes first and the player’s team has been
                        eliminated from the previous NCS competition. Roster cannot exceed 22 players and must be in accordance
                        with Rule 221, Section 1(5).

A club team wins Regionals and will be going the National Championships: that team can now club pass a
                        player (or players) in their club as long as said player (or players) were registered to the club by the roster
                        freeze date for their State Cup and/or Premier League – whichever comes first and the player’s team has been
                        eliminated from the previous NCS competition. Roster cannot exceed 22 players and must be in accordance
                        with Rule 221, Section 1(5).

Even if a player is registered with more than one club that player may only club pass with the club in which
                        they played State Cup (i.e. you dance with the one that brought you).

A player may only club pass to the club in which they were ROSTERED to for either State Cup or Premier
                        League whichever came first. "

The entire National Championship Series is considered one tournament as far as club tie goes.

For each level of the tournament (eg State Cup, Regionals, Nationals) you can change teams as long as the team you change to is in the same Club that you played the previous round with.

You cannot play on two different clubs at any level, including the State Cup level, even if the two State Cups are in different states.

The player is tied to the club that she was rostered with first for either State Cup or Premier League.

Comment

So according to the above it appears that she cannot play on both teams, and if the information is correct that she didn't play with Portsmouth for the State Cup then she can only be rostered on the U14 NEFC Elite team. Looks like Portsmouth will have to play without her.

Comment

She is on the roster because Portsmouth also plays Superliga and she can play in those games since it is a different league. I don't know if she actually goes to any of the games though or if she just hasn't been taken off the roster from previous seasons. And again, she didn't play for them in State Cup.

Comment

Does anyone really think NEFC coach is going to let her play 2 games a day when the NEFC U14s are going to make a run for nationals again? As if.

Comment

Mom does not care what the coach thinks. Just pass my daughter the ball so she can score and make the NT.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X