Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    GPS lost last year and they would have done anything to have a place in the national tournament this year. What's really funny is that the Valeo United team was comprised of mostly 2003's and this was just a warm-up. Next year the stakes are much higher for the players and we will be ready to try again.

However, our club does not use our players as pawns to promote a slime machine. Have fun in Portland watching the three imported superstars run around your own players that have been working hard with GPS for years.
    For the sake of the debate, lets say there were some lose rostering, the Newleo parents response is so over the top it is very clear that the tournament meant a little too much to them.

I hope you can reflect on the importance of this tournament in your child's life because if you haven't realized it I give you a clue -- it is meaningless

Comment

What's really funny is you can tell from the way the posts are written that most of the bashing comes from one loser. His sons super-team lost and he is trying to make every play possible to blame someone.

So pathetic, it is actually comical!

Comment

GPS lost last year and they would have done anything to have a place in the national tournament this year. What's really funny is that the Valeo United team was comprised of mostly 2003's and this was just a warm-up. Next year the stakes are much higher for the players and we will be ready to try again.

However, our club does not use our players as pawns to promote a slime machine. Have fun in Portland watching the three imported superstars run around your own players that have been working hard with GPS for years.
        Quite a warm up, your coaches suck so bad!! You pay for that? Oh that's right, you're all on scholarship. I guess if it's free, you'll settle for anything. You Valeo parents make us all laugh, all intense on the sidelines thinking you have the next Diego Fagundez. Believe me you don't. Not one single player stood out from both your teams. They are all very average and all on the small side too just like the parents I guess.

Comment

Valeo/NU has not dog in this fight. They were not in a GPS bracket and lost in the semifinals to a non-GPS team.

Comment

For the sake of the debate, lets say there were some lose rostering, the Newleo parents response is so over the top it is very clear that the tournament meant a little too much to them.

I hope you can reflect on the importance of this tournament in your child's life because if you haven't realized it I give you a clue -- it is meaningless
            So there was loose rostering. GPS slime. How would you feel if your son's team was lambasted by loose rostering? It doesn't matter who is posting here or whether it's just a soccer tournament. The point is that GPS parents are all justifying it. What kind of Kool-Aid are you drinking? Your kids are not the ones that won the tournament. Can't you see that?

Comment

this seems much like what happened during the Futsal Northeast Tournament where one of the Bulldog teams suddenly became a super team to make the semifinals in the U12 division.
              From another thread:
              "As predicted, GPS' #11 terrorized the entire opposition, all weekend long, and as predicted, GPS Elite '02's waltzed through to Portland. Both Valeo teams, no one special on there, same for Aztec and NEFC.
              Didn't "terrorize" Barca. don't even remember #11 there (at the 4-1 game ) Did GPS MA pull the same thing GPS NH did? 2001 out of a magic hat ?"

Should tourneys take team photos before each game? It's done at the highest levels of the sport.

Comment

Valeo/NU has not dog in this fight. They were not in a GPS bracket and lost in the semifinals to a non-GPS team.
                Not dog? Have Valeo spring for some English lessons for you along with your son's scholarship. Valeo is mierda. You showed everyone this weekend how bad your teams are and how poorly they're coached.Time for a cambio in clubs?

Comment

So there was loose rostering. GPS slime. How would you feel if your son's team was lambasted by loose rostering? It doesn't matter who is posting here or whether it's just a soccer tournament. The point is that GPS parents are all justifying it. What kind of Kool-Aid are you drinking? Your kids are not the ones that won the tournament. Can't you see that?
                  hahaha!! back to Maple you go, enjoy

Comment

I can see a soccer tournament didn't go the way you *expected* and thus you are very angry. But who cares? Would you be this upset if the ref missed a call? If your neighbor cheated on their taxes? Someone scam an auto insurance company?

I am not drinking kool-aid. I am definitely not drinking the hater-aid.

Upset about 11 years old playing soccer game? surely you have more important stuff at work to be worrying about?

Or maybe the trip to Portland means a lot to YOU!

-- Pathfinder.

Comment

Valeo has nothing to do with the roster tampering of GPS. It's just GPS parents trying to divert the attention away from themselves. And I'm not from Valeo. And you guys are still slime

Comment

Valeo has nothing to do with the roster tampering of GPS. It's just GPS parents trying to divert the attention away from themselves. And I'm not from Valeo. And you guys are still slime
                        Okay but you're all the same, NEFC or Aztec. Bunch of sore losers. Cry babies!

Comment

This entire thread is brilliant. NU/Valeo team pulls players from Mass, the GPS Team has the ability and is allowed to pull the best players at the 2002 age group from their franchises. This team was comprised of players from Mass, NH, NC, ME and NY. They had a roster of 14 all weekend and it was exactly the same.

The question really should be why did teams such as Aztecs, NU/Valeo enter a tournament which was made for 2002 year of births with 2003's. Your coaches set you up to fail and that you did.

Deal with it.

Comment

I can see a soccer tournament didn't go the way you *expected* and thus you are very angry. But who cares? Would you be this upset if the ref missed a call? If your neighbor cheated on their taxes? Someone scam an auto insurance company?

I am not drinking kool-aid. I am definitely not drinking the hater-aid.

Upset about 11 years old playing soccer game? surely you have more important stuff at work to be worrying about?

Or maybe the trip to Portland means a lot to YOU!

-- Pathfinder.
                            Right put it all on everybody else. GPS is still slime.

Comment

it's the responsibility of the ref to check the player cards at the game against the roster that was submitted to the tournament. If you think they didn't do that let the Needham officials know (ideally someone should have alerted the ref at the game itself).
                              This happened with us two years ago at Needham (not GPS but another team). At least when I was managing back then, you registered your team with Needham officials before the tournament starts. They barely glance at it and I doubt they are cross referencing roster lists when there are a zillion teams there. You then get a slip of paper saying you are registered. Refs didn't check anything at the games. I think they assumed you were there so you were legit. Plus they are under pressure to start and finish games on time.

It's a slimy thing to do but it happens. One of my kids' U little travel teams was accused of it also but that tournament allowed two players to be double rostered. It would have to be proven at the time of play. Take it up with Needham management to get a better system. If your club does it, check the tournament rules. If it is against the rules I'd start looking for another club.

Comment

This entire thread is brilliant. NU/Valeo team pulls players from Mass, the GPS Team has the ability and is allowed to pull the best players at the 2002 age group from their franchises. This team was comprised of players from Mass, NH, NC, ME and NY. They had a roster of 14 all weekend and it was exactly the same.

The question really should be why did teams such as Aztecs, NU/Valeo enter a tournament which was made for 2002 year of births with 2003's. Your coaches set you up to fail and that you did.

Deal with it.
                                That's exactly right! The reason is because these clubs don't really have good 2002 players and were so arrogant in thinking that they have 2003 players that can compete with anyone. Like Valeo/NU for instance. Small crappy clubs with no player pools but still think they're so relevant.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X