Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well, Morgan Andrews from NH, the longtime Stars player did play for her high school all 4 years, and clearly her game and development was quite damaged by the low level of high school play.....she was merely the number one recruit in country, plays for one of the best college teams in the country (Notre Dame), led the Irish in scoring, and was ACC Freshman of the year...oh and she's also a star on the U20 National team. I bet when it's all said and done, even with all she's accomplished, some of her fondest memories will be representing her High school on the soccer field. But, all you disillusioned parents, go ahead and listen to the Stars talking heads who are CLEARLY thinking in the best interest of the players and NOT simply looking to lock up your kids and your money for more months than they have them already. I'm sure that keeping them away from kick ball soccer in high school is your ticket to success, and that they will surpass the achievements of Andrews because she was so stunted.

PS, I will let you in on a secret, most of the success of the very top tier players comes a drive that comes from 'within' and a certain amount of innate natural ability that is fueled by this drive. Parents, Coaches, and teammates have very little to do with that. Your kid either has it or not, and more likely not. Just let them enjoy their high school years and have fun playing the sport they like.
    BTNT, were you getting frustrated that your thread deteriorated and that 30 minutes had passed without an anti-Stars post on TS? Would you like to get back to your sustained vitriol directed squarely at Stars?

And why are you endorsing HS soccer for kids who don't have that special drive from "within"? Shouldn't they studying instead? Aren't they just wasting their time playing a sport in high school? Wouldn't just joining the chess club suffice?

Comment

BTNT, were you getting frustrated that your thread deteriorated and that 30 minutes had passed without an anti-Stars post on TS? Would you like to get back to your sustained vitriol directed squarely at Stars?

And why are you endorsing HS soccer for kids who don't have that special drive from "within"? Shouldn't they studying instead? Aren't they just wasting their time playing a sport in high school? Wouldn't just joining the chess club suffice?
      Stars organization could cure cancer while saving a box full of puppies from drowning, and BTDT would find a way to find fault with it.

Some kids will continue to train with their clubs and choose not to play on really crappy HS teams (and don't kid yourself that every HS girls team is a glorious, friend-filled adventure that results in championships for the old town team and hundreds of people at every game; many are not). Others will play for their schools and will not experience any ill effects from it once they rejoin their club team in November (other than needing to speed up their play a bit and getting reacquainted with the club style of play). Don't try to read more into this than an alternative option.

Comment

Well, Morgan Andrews from NH, the longtime Stars player did play for her high school all 4 years, and clearly her game and development was quite damaged by the low level of high school play.....she was merely the number one recruit in country, plays for one of the best college teams in the country (Notre Dame), led the Irish in scoring, and was ACC Freshman of the year...oh and she's also a star on the U20 National team. I bet when it's all said and done, even with all she's accomplished, some of her fondest memories will be representing her High school on the soccer field. But, all you disillusioned parents, go ahead and listen to the Stars talking heads who are CLEARLY thinking in the best interest of the players and NOT simply looking to lock up your kids and your money for more months than they have them already. I'm sure that keeping them away from kick ball soccer in high school is your ticket to success, and that they will surpass the achievements of Andrews because she was so stunted.

PS, I will let you in on a secret, most of the success of the very top tier players comes a drive that comes from 'within' and a certain amount of innate natural ability that is fueled by this drive. Parents, Coaches, and teammates have very little to do with that. Your kid either has it or not, and more likely not. Just let them enjoy their high school years and have fun playing the sport they like.
        It's been many years since I've agreed with a BTDT quote, but this is spot on.

And when you have players even below the ECNL level following this "encouragement" one really has to wonder exactly whose interests those parents who are part of the decision have in mind.

Comment

Well said

Comment

You seemed to entirely miss my point, so I will try to break this down to make is more simple:

A) I don't know what BTNT stands for as this is the second time I've ever even been on this website. I am head coach of a college team, a female, and have no specific grudge against the Stars. In fact, I believe they have some produced some very good players and the club has some very good coaches, and some not so great coaches, like most clubs.

B) All I am taking issue with is them mandating their ECNL players leave their HS teams (at least this was the rumor I heard, and I'm not sure it's been widely implemented, but if so, it's wrong) I would take issue with any club making that restriction and that is the consensus among all my colleagues.

C) Your comment questioning my endorsing HS soccer for lesser players shows you missed the whole context of my post. I am endorsing HS soccer for ALL players, from the Morgan Andrews of the world to the non-college bound players. Not sure what you mean about wasting their time playing a sport vs. chess team???? If they like soccer, play soccer; if they like chess, play chess! Neither is waste of time.

Comment

You seemed to entirely miss my point, so I will try to break this down to make is more simple:

A) I don't know what BTNT stands for as this is the second time I've ever even been on this website. I am head coach of a college team, a female, and have no specific grudge against the Stars. In fact, I believe they have some produced some very good players and the club has some very good coaches, and some not so great coaches, like most clubs.

B) All I am taking issue with is them mandating their ECNL players leave their HS teams (at least this was the rumor I heard, and I'm not sure it's been widely implemented, but if so, it's wrong) I would take issue with any club making that restriction and that is the consensus among all my colleagues.

C) Your comment questioning my endorsing HS soccer for lesser players shows you missed the whole context of my post. I am endorsing HS soccer for ALL players, from the Morgan Andrews of the world to the non-college bound players. Not sure what you mean about wasting their time playing a sport vs. chess team???? If they like soccer, play soccer; if they like chess, play chess! Neither is waste of time.
              Curious of your take/that of colleagues about the DAP no HS rule? Personally I'm against a HS ban for any athlete, but wonder if they have seen an impact on the boys side with DAP players?

Comment

Curious of your take/that of colleagues about the DAP no HS rule? Personally I'm against a HS ban for any athlete, but wonder if they have seen an impact on the boys side with DAP players?
                Curious on your take as to whether boys who play DAP and skip high school soccer get more girls than the ones that play for the school?
                What about playing div 1 vs div 3?
                It is really the only thing that matters.

Comment

You are a LIAR, LOL.

You have no "specific grudge against Stars"??? So you do have some grudge? And your non-specific grudge is? Do you think people are stupid?

This is your 2nd time on the site??? Let's look and see if your OP looks like you have been on the site only twice....

Starting out your post with some strong sarcasm? Disillusioned? The Stars "talking heads"? CLEARLY in ALL CAPS? Stars taking your money? The talent/drive argument (again)? Most of you won't have kids like that so just play high school?

Sure BTDT, sure. The local female college coach = fictional scenario #356.

Comment

It's been many years since I've agreed with a BTDT quote, but this is spot on.

And when you have players even below the ECNL level following this "encouragement" one really has to wonder exactly whose interests those parents who are part of the decision have in mind.
                    Thanks, BTNT.

Comment

Thanks, BTNT.
                      Not BTDT, dude. Trust me, I am totally on board with the ECNL and I think NEFC is fraudulent from top to bottom.

But, I also think this anti HS approach by the Stars is incredibly stupid for all but the very very very upper tier talent, which since the Mewis' have played around here we have not seen in these parts. You can put the kool aid in front of me, but it doesn't mean I will drink it.

Comment

You are a LIAR, LOL.

You have no "specific grudge against Stars"??? So you do have some grudge? And your non-specific grudge is? Do you think people are stupid?

This is your 2nd time on the site??? Let's look and see if your OP looks like you have been on the site only twice....

Starting out your post with some strong sarcasm? Disillusioned? The Stars "talking heads"? CLEARLY in ALL CAPS? Stars taking your money? The talent/drive argument (again)? Most of you won't have kids like that so just play high school?

Sure BTDT, sure. The local female college coach = fictional scenario #356.
                        Wrong again. Do you always enjoy looking like such a fool?

Comment

Not BTDT, dude. Trust me, I am totally on board with the ECNL and I think NEFC is fraudulent from top to bottom....
                          Oh, please, "dude." There is nothing "fraudulent" about NEFC "from top to bottom." No one believes that--especially you, BTNT.

Comment

Oh, please, "dude." There is nothing "fraudulent" about NEFC "from top to bottom." No one believes that--especially you, BTNT.
                            There is much fraudulent with the Not Ethical Football Club.

Comment

Well Perspective, if you are actually defending this idiotic idea of the Stars, then you must be JD himself.

Comment

Wrong again. Do you always enjoy looking like such a fool?
                                How could you possibly know who "you always" might refer to--your "second time" on the site?

Stop embarrassing yourself, BTNT.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X