Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I simply asked the question. If that's what works for your family then great. I'm happy for you. I just really hope he makes the national team some day and the 3 hrs a day were worth the sacrifice. Good luck to him. I have done research on the benefits and sacrifices of DA and in my opinion it is not worth it for my kids and my family. If I may, let me ask one question... if he does not make the national team for whatever reason, do you still think it is worth the time to get him to practice each week?
    Answer to your question....yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and a thousand more times the answer is yes. The opportunity to make the NT is not even close to the only benefit or the only end-game of the DA program. More than 90% of D1 scholarships for boys go to DA players. Practically every player in the US that are getting chances professionally in other parts of the world or as homegrown players are coming from the DA. There are risks and sacrifices in life that need to be made to achieve great things that all people aren’t capable or willing to do.
    Let me ask you a question....let’s say your son decides in 8th grade that he wants to attend Harvard. That is certainly a lofty and noble goal. He makes many sacrifices in his HS years socially, and athletically in order to focus completely on academics. In the end he doesn’t get into Harvard, but he earns a degree from Duke. Was it worth it? To each his own!

Comment

Boys FESA is not the answer... I was talking about girls ECNL at Armada vs GDA at Clay. I would stay at Armada. Not sure where FESA came into that discussion.
      You should be more worried about your FESA ECNL girls driving from ST. Johns or PV to Armada or Clay now that they realize you only worry about one team. MB abandoned the 02 team after he took the good players and moved them to the 01 team. He realized that he can only force so money kids from St. Johns County Day over and didn't want his rep tarnished any further.

Comment

Boys FESA is not the answer... I was talking about girls ECNL at Armada vs GDA at Clay. I would stay at Armada. Not sure where FESA came into that discussion.
        ^^^^Same fesa troll posting dumb question about DA and GDA.

Comment

Wow! Just wow! You have no idea what’s “best” for my son or my family. You have even less of a clue as to the reasons someone would choose the DA program. You should do some research. You should watch some games. You should worry about your own life and stay out of mine. My son is very happy! He is developing at a much faster rate than friends of his that didn’t make the commitment. He has attended US Training Centers. He plays in front of US Soccer scouts at least every other game, and soon he will play in front of many D1 college scouts on a regular basis when he gets a little older. And again, he is VERY happy with this decision. Iron sharpens iron. To get better you have to surround yourself with better players on a daily basis. You don’t just magically become NT level by playing with average players. Why did Clint Dempsey’s parents drive 3 hours each way multiple times a week. Again, it’s well worth the sacrifice!
          Clint Dempsey also played High School soccer. DA is crap unless you play for a MLS team academy.

Comment

Answer to your question....yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and a thousand more times the answer is yes. The opportunity to make the NT is not even close to the only benefit or the only end-game of the DA program. More than 90% of D1 scholarships for boys go to DA players. Practically every player in the US that are getting chances professionally in other parts of the world or as homegrown players are coming from the DA. There are risks and sacrifices in life that need to be made to achieve great things that all people aren’t capable or willing to do.
            Let me ask you a question....let’s say your son decides in 8th grade that he wants to attend Harvard. That is certainly a lofty and noble goal. He makes many sacrifices in his HS years socially, and athletically in order to focus completely on academics. In the end he doesn’t get into Harvard, but he earns a degree from Duke. Was it worth it? To each his own!
            Yes, I would say so. Guess what, we are having those discussion about whether going for an IB program in HS is worth it. Would you rather be well rounded or would you rather specialize at 1 thing be it a single sport, a drama career or a scholastic program that will eat up a ton of time leaving not much time for other interests. To each their own and again good luck to your son.

Comment

Because you are a FESA troll stirring the pot. You are a liar feigning neutrality. Kids drive to FESA from Clay, Palm Coast what ever defunct club you took over. Kids driving from Clay to Armada or Armada to Clay is a waste according to you. Guess I should have included hypocrite to your list of flaws which grows every time you post.
              I'm really not... but whatever. I would advocate staying local is my point. If local is Clay, stay there, if local is FESA stay there, if local is Armada stay there. All 3 have good options for girls.

Comment

Clint Dempsey also played High School soccer. DA is crap unless you play for a MLS team academy.
                It's not crap but it's definitely on a lower tier than an MLS club's DA program.

Comment

No, You're simply an idiot asking a simpleton troll question. College, pros and yes, the MNT are all benefits DA has. What little chance there is, lies within DA. Ponder that while your son talks about the 17 schools that came to San Diego. You're program is a joke.
                  If FESA is a joke then isn't every other level at Armada also a joke? Come on. We both know that FESA and Armada and I'll include Clay and Gainesville all have good programs. Whichever works best for your kid is where you should go. There are good people at all these clubs and the opportunities available now compared to 5 years ago is a drastic improvement across the area.

Comment

The bulk of National Team and pro players coming out of the DA aren’t coming just from MLS Academies. They come from all over. If DA is crap, what do you call the $h1t your kid plays?

Comment

I'm really not... but whatever. I would advocate staying local is my point. If local is Clay, stay there, if local is FESA stay there, if local is Armada stay there. All 3 have good options for girls.
                      Your really are. Doubling down only makes you sound more pathetic. Once MP's 01 leave the rest will realize the king has not clothes. FESA has nothing and once players hit recruiting age, they need thing of themselves since FESA only thinks about $$$$.

Comment

If FESA is a joke then isn't every other level at Armada also a joke? Come on. We both know that FESA and Armada and I'll include Clay and Gainesville all have good programs. Whichever works best for your kid is where you should go. There are good people at all these clubs and the opportunities available now compared to 5 years ago is a drastic improvement across the area.

Then stick to your Florida Elite Soccer Skank Anonymous thread if you believe that. You come on here stirring the pot when you should be wondering why your club sent all those boys across the country to waste their time, money and pride playing for 17 coaches and getting whipped in the process.

The other Florida clubs certainly were smart enough to know it would be cluster F. But like everything else you do, it's about the money which why FESA is a joke.

Comment

The bulk of National Team and pro players coming out of the DA aren’t coming just from MLS Academies. They come from all over. If DA is crap, what do you call the $h1t your kid plays?
                          Listen buddy, FESA plays the best joysticked kickbal....I mean soccer around.

Comment

Your really are. Doubling down only makes you sound more pathetic. Once MP's 01 leave the rest will realize the king has not clothes. FESA has nothing and once players hit recruiting age, they need thing of themselves since FESA only thinks about $$$$.
                            You spend much time trying to influence the attitudes of the few readers on here. Players will taste and experience, and play where they are happy.

Comment

losing the GDA will end up being the demise of the club. Lots of big name players are going to Clay Next Year. Still no Director in almost a year since ED was let go.
                              A Clay troll is on our thread too.

Comment

Lol, I’m a FESA troll by advocating to stay at your local club. Got it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X