Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain out?!

Good news folks........rain out reschedule is for following week, May 12 & 13!!
    So if you drop $6,500+ on team travel, drive 10 hours, and get rained out.......
    Well then you get to do it all again the next weekend! $6,500 travel, 10 hours, hotel......
    JUST SAYING....

Comment

Share a bus?

OK South Florida teams........we are in this together, so lets try to think positive solutions...

Any South Florida teams with a booked charter bus want to split the bus and the cost?
      Most charter buses seat 40-55 people.
      Take roster players and coaches only. Cut the cost per team in half.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        U15 Girls Travel times
        Between Clubs: To P'cola:
        20 minutes 10 hrs Sunrise vs West Pines
        3hrs 45 min 6 & 11 hrs Pinecrest vs FL Rush
        20 minutes 10 hrs CSU vs PBG
        3 hours 5 & 7 hrs Jax Armada vs TBU
        3hrs 15 min 6 & 10 hrs Clermont vs Sunrise II
        15 minutes 9 hrs Wellington vs Boca
        15 minutes 10 hrs Weston vs Parkland
        3 hrs 7 & 10 hrs Braden River vs Ft Laud

What if we schedule our own field and game time and phone it in to FYSA?

How about Lakewood Ranch Soccer Complex....something like 22 fields! Just do everything there.
        That makes too much sense for them to have thought of it. I can say the fields in Pensacola are nice and the beach is nice. So at least there is that.

Comment

I can't believe that people are still considering this.

Forfeiting the game is $4000. Divide that by the players (average 16) and it is $250 per player. Done.

A charter bus is about $4500. Add hotel, food, coach expenses, etc. and you are looking at over $400 per player. That is a conservative estimate on the low side.

Add 2 missed days of school and the lost opportunity cost is even higher.

Don't fall for the FYSA BS. There is zero benefit in traveling to Pensacola for 1-2 games in this tournament. It is State Cup, not World Cup. Everyone come back to reality.

Comment

Definition

I can't believe that people are still considering this.

Forfeiting the game is $4000. Divide that by the players (average 16) and it is $250 per player. Done.

A charter bus is about $4500. Add hotel, food, coach expenses, etc. and you are looking at over $400 per player. That is a conservative estimate on the low side.

Add 2 missed days of school and the lost opportunity cost is even higher.

Don't fall for the FYSA BS. There is zero benefit in traveling to Pensacola for 1-2 games in this tournament. It is State Cup, not World Cup. Everyone come back to reality.
            com·mit·ment
            kəˈmitmənt/Submit
            noun
            noun: commitment; plural noun: commitments
            the state or quality of being dedicated to a cause, activity, etc.

So you register, the locations were listed and now you are whining? Why did you sign up? oh, that's right. Everyone will bend to my will.

Comment

This is complete lunacy. Wellington, Sunrise, Coral Springs and Weston are all playing other teams from south florida. Why would anyone require travel to the panhandle for those games!

Comment

com·mit·ment
                kəˈmitmənt/Submit
                noun

So you register, the locations were listed and now you are whining? Why did you sign up? oh, that's right. Everyone will bend to my will.
                Oh please. What a stupid thing to say. Commitment? There is also a thing called Intelligence. Why do you think when they put people in the nut house, it is called being "committed"? This is a perfect example of that.

I've got a deal for you. Pay me $500. I then want you to travel 10 hours a in car. When you get there, you are going to do an activity for 90 minutes. That activity has no future benefit or guaranteed return. Upon completion, you will then drive back 10 hours. At the end, you will be out $500, but can say you have commitment.

Dumb azz.

Comment

com·mit·ment
                  kəˈmitmənt/Submit
                  noun

Commitment to school? Cancel it.
                  Commitment to financial responsibility? Ignore it.
                  Commitment to youth soccer? PRIORITY.

You must be a coach. I have yet to meet one that was not a social retard and had no understanding of anything besides kicking a ball. Get back into your 1994 honda accord with the different color door. Don't be late for your shift at walmart.

Comment

Register

Oh please. What a stupid thing to say. Commitment? There is also a thing called Intelligence. Why do you think when they put people in the nut house, it is called being "committed"? This is a perfect example of that.

I've got a deal for you. Pay me $500. I then want you to travel 10 hours a in car. When you get there, you are going to do an activity for 90 minutes. That activity has no future benefit or guaranteed return. Upon completion, you will then drive back 10 hours. At the end, you will be out $500, but can say you have commitment.

Dumb azz.
                    Why did you register for an event that has no future benefit or guaranteed return?

Comment

Why did you register for an event that has no future benefit or guaranteed return?
                      LMAO. Isn't this called youth soccer? It's supposed to be for fun. When fun becomes a job, it is no longer a recreational sport. When you start sacrificing significant money and time, then you must insist on a benefit or return on investment. Playing 90 minutes of kickball in Pensacola has neither. It is nothing but a business deal to squeeze people for money. Coincidentally, it involves children, so people are more soft to allowing it to happen.

Comment

com·mit·ment
                        kəˈmitmənt/Submit
                        noun

As much as I think it is ridiculous & inconsiderate to allow Pensacola to host, this poster is correct. If a team did not want to travel to Pensacola they should not have committed to play the tournament. The locations were known. They should not now be talking of forfeiting. Most people had no idea it was to be in Pensacola, but where is the personal responsibility? You probably don't bother to look on your own because you are understandably too busy, but then your beef should now be with your club and team management for not doing their due diligence and reviewing with the team. I don't want to go to Pensacola for 1-2 games, but our team committed to it and I never objected at the appropriate time.

Comment

As much as I think it is ridiculous & inconsiderate to allow Pensacola to host, this poster is correct. If a team did not want to travel to Pensacola they should not have committed to play the tournament. The locations were known. They should not now be talking of forfeiting. Most people had no idea it was to be in Pensacola, but where is the personal responsibility? You probably don't bother to look on your own because you are understandably too busy, but then your beef should now be with your club and team management for not doing their due diligence and reviewing with the team. I don't want to go to Pensacola for 1-2 games, but our team committed to it and I never objected at the appropriate time.
                          You enter into a contract with a service provider. The terms are all outlined. Everything is crystal clear. As you progress through the contract, certain parameters begin to change. At one point, about 75% of the contract is now different than when you started. Do you keep going because your "committed" to it, even though it will not be the end product wanted? Or do you make changes to it, allowing both the service provider and customer to mutually benefit?

The alternative is to keep things as is. The service provider makes a huge profit on the project, but suffers the consequences of poor workmanship and losing an existing customer, plus potential future customers.

Only when big money is involved are people not reasonable or flexible. Always follow the money.

Comment

Dumb azz.
                            Welcome to OUR world. Those of us who live in the panhandle do this every weekend. Our club applied to host- and no one else did- so we get to stay home 1 weekend and you have to actually travel like we do EVERY weekend. So you whine cry and beoaach about it non-stop. Suck it up for 1 weekend- it won’t kill you.

Comment

You enter into a contract with a service provider. The terms are all outlined. Everything is crystal clear. As you progress through the contract, certain parameters begin to change. At one point, about 75% of the contract is now different than when you started. Do you keep going because your "committed" to it, even though it will not be the end product wanted? Or do you make changes to it, allowing both the service provider and customer to mutually benefit?

The alternative is to keep things as is. The service provider makes a huge profit on the project, but suffers the consequences of poor workmanship and losing an existing customer, plus potential future customers.

Only when big money is involved are people not reasonable or flexible. Always follow the money.
                              Makes sense to me. Which Parameter changed?

Comment

Welcome to OUR world. Those of us who live in the panhandle do this every weekend. Our club applied to host- and no one else did- so we get to stay home 1 weekend and you have to actually travel like we do EVERY weekend. So you whine cry and beoaach about it non-stop. Suck it up for 1 weekend- it won’t kill you.
                                I will try to explain it one more time. The vast majority of Florida population is in Central & South Florida. Consequently, every year Virtually all of the teams who make it to round16 are from Central Fl & South Florida. A few are from Jacksonville (5 hours). Pensacola is a small city with extremely limited flight options and a limited number of hotels. It makes no sense to make 95% travel distances of 5-10 hours. It makes much more sense to have the 5% drive. Driving burden should just go with the territory of living in a remote area. I do agree and have stated in other posts that the decision was reached a long time ago and teams had the option of not registering. If they committed to play, they should not now be complaining. If no other clubs offered to host, FYSA should have reached out to member clubs and informed them that if nobody stepped up, Pensacola would be awarded. Then nobody really could complain. I am sure most clubs were unaware only Pensacola put in for Round16 (if that is actually true).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X