Rebuilding confidence?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most important thing is your kid is happy and having fun. If they lose interest in soccer, they lost interest. I often asked my daughter if she wanted to quit and that I was cool with it but I told her it was a big investment of time and money so she should be sure. She did not want to quit. We had to change clubs by U12 because one coach was screwing with her trajectory.

As far as long term goes, you never know. Girls go through changes by age 13 and some stick with it and some don't. I will say this though if you think your kid my have top team, college scholarship potential. Do they have decent size and are they athletic? If not, you should adjust your expectations accordingly because you see many kids excel on the baby fields with quick dribbling and scoring easy goals from close range. When the same players step on the big girl field, if they are small you see them get bullied by physical players and they can't compete. Same goes if they are slow and can move quick enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The most important thing is your kid is happy and having fun. If they lose interest in soccer, they lost interest. I often asked my daughter if she wanted to quit and that I was cool with it but I told her it was a big investment of time and money so she should be sure. She did not want to quit. We had to change clubs by U12 because one coach was screwing with her trajectory.

As far as long term goes, you never know. Girls go through changes by age 13 and some stick with it and some don't. I will say this though if you think your kid my have top team, college scholarship potential. Do they have decent size and are they athletic? If not, you should adjust your expectations accordingly because you see many kids excel on the baby fields with quick dribbling and scoring easy goals from close range. When the same players step on the big girl field, if they are small you see them get bullied by physical players and they can't compete. Same goes if they are slow and can move quick enough.
      By the way, my daughter is blessed with size and athletic ability and just moved up to ECNL level team for U14. Her technical game is growing too. College coaches start noticing around U15. It is not where they start but where they end up.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

She is naturally very athletic and fast, not sure if the work ethic is there for high level as she gets older. She is average height but is definitely lean and physically behind many who have more apparent signs of puberty. I’ve asked her if she still wants to keep playing and she does.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X