Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are fewer kids playing youth soccer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are fewer kids playing youth soccer?

This is a talking soccer poll to see why there has been an overall decline in youth soccer participation over the past few years.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is a talking soccer poll to see why there has been an overall decline in youth soccer participation over the past few years.
    There is no decline.

Moderator please close this stupid thread.

Comment

Because it’s a rip off that provides no advancement but pain to children and parents.

Comment

Because it’s a rip off that provides no advancement but pain to children and parents.
        Coaching sucks in Florida. To many guest players on teams that are playing above their level instead of competing at their true level and improving the team as a whole. Parents are not going to keep paying fees for this type of growth on lower level teams.

Comment

I’m s Florida it’s Because of prime

Comment

There is no decline.

Moderator please close this stupid thread.
            https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/14/s...h-decline.html

Down 14% in three years = 600,000 kids. A few other sports ere down but not nearly the same and others grew. No doubt the cost, travel, etc is a big part of that. I think the birth year change has some (not large, but some) impact as well.

Comment

Down 14% in three years = 600,000 kids. A few other sports ere down but not nearly the same and others grew. No doubt the cost, travel, etc is a big part of that. I think the birth year change has some (not large, but some) impact as well.
              I think you hit it on the head...travel, cost and birth year.

Comment

Fortnite

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wes...rings/27535390

Comment

Parents are realizing it's all Politics & money.From u8 to DA it's a joke.I had to check because I didn't believe it,but Iran is ranked higher than us.That tells us everything about the quality of coaching & leadership from top to bottom.

Comment

Lacrosse

Comment

Lacrosse
                        Overall athletic participation is down but soccer definitely is not looking very healthy. Lacrosse is up a good deal but it's off a very small base and nationally it's still a very small sport. Here's a link to the actual study. It only goes through 2017 (reported in 2018) so it doesn't even fully encapsulate the impact of the calendar year change. Also if you scroll down it shows sports participation by family income - not surprisingly it's down in lower income families and up only in households $75,000 and up. Sixty eight percent of kids in families with incomes $100K+ participate in some kind of regular sport, while families with incomes $50K and under it's 48%.

https://www.aspenprojectplay.org/kid...cipation-rates

Comment

Because the entire youth system is based on pay to play travel soccer. Football is 100% based on high school... baseball and basketball are also primarily based on high school, while travel is something those athletes do in the offseason to stay shape and play different competition..

Comment

Birth year change? Give me a fvcking break. Your own little pet peeve is the least of soccer’s problems.

Comment

Truth be told

Lacrosse
                              Lacrosse is for upper middle class white boys afraid or unable to play sports with working class and middle class white, Latino and black athletes.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X