Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    you share a link that lists two college coaches. OP was that they said they had 31 college coaches. So probably fair to say, the hype is real and they're throwing around names left and right...
    CFC is terrible about updating their website. I think I saw the "31 college coaches" claim on a Facebook post. If even true, no doubt many are flunkie assistant coaches and probably some merely coached college at some point just not currently. But they do have some head coaches.

different poster

Comment

CFC is terrible about updating their website. I think I saw the "31 college coaches" claim on a Facebook post. If even true, no doubt many are flunkie assistant coaches and probably some merely coached college at some point just not currently. But they do have some head coaches.

different poster
      I can come up with 20 current head and assistant coaches, having a tough time thinking of 11 more, although I’m not familiar with the northern area branches.

Comment

I can come up with 20 current head and assistant coaches, having a tough time thinking of 11 more, although I’m not familiar with the northern area branches.
        Pretty sad that CFC can't keep their website more up to date with information like that. I mean, it's tryout time so wouldn't you put your best foot forward on your website? If they're posting on FB only those who liked their page will see it, which won't be any prospective new families. They haven't updated their college commitments in literally years and they actually have something to brag about. No MBA geniuses in that bunch.

Comment

different poster
          are you saying the best club in the state can't even update their staff roster?

Comment

Oakwood and FSA have their staff listed...just sayin

Comment

Virtually no club "takes care of you." the bulk of recruiting is up to the player and their family. Most times what club coaches do is offer guidance and possibly make a few phone calls. That guidance should be all about what types of programs you should be targeting. If they do that well and you follow their advice that makes recruiting go a whole lot more smoothly. If they don't guide you effectively or you chose to ignore their advice (both happen often enough) then recruiting will be more of a struggle filled with disappointments.

I get it. But then who's on here posting that you should do CFC ECNL b/c the coaches are going to help you get recruited? It's BS.

Comment

I get it. But then who's on here posting that you should do CFC ECNL b/c the coaches are going to help you get recruited? It's BS.
                It's TS. Take it all with many proverbial grains of salt. Much of it is club on club bashing, not parents, as well as clubs trying to prop themselves up. First time parents at many clubs are surprised at how much work is on the player. Anyone who has been through the rodeo once gets it.

Comment

It's TS. Take it all with many proverbial grains of salt. Much of it is club on club bashing, not parents, as well as clubs trying to prop themselves up. First time parents at many clubs are surprised at how much work is on the player. Anyone who has been through the rodeo once gets it.
                  A bit of misinformation going both ways. You have some claiming the clubs will get you recruited and others claiming the clubs don’t. Both have obvious agendas. The reality is that a better club will get you seen because you will be at better events. Let’s face reality. Very few college coaches are going to OPI. They’re headed to PDA. A few might send an Asst to OPI or Needham but rarely. That’s a huge advantage the big clubs have. Exposure. Can club coaches help? Absolutely. But in the end, players need to do some legwork and they need to play well. The club can get the college coach to show up. After that it depends how a kid performs.

Comment

A bit of misinformation going both ways. You have some claiming the clubs will get you recruited and others claiming the clubs don’t. Both have obvious agendas. The reality is that a better club will get you seen because you will be at better events. Let’s face reality. Very few college coaches are going to OPI. They’re headed to PDA. A few might send an Asst to OPI or Needham but rarely. That’s a huge advantage the big clubs have. Exposure. Can club coaches help? Absolutely. But in the end, players need to do some legwork and they need to play well. The club can get the college coach to show up. After that it depends how a kid performs.
                    Playing for a club with a solid reputation will open up more doors than one that doesn't - once inside it's up to you to sell yourself. But you can't do that if no one even looks at you.

Comment

Playing for a club with a solid reputation will open up more doors than one that doesn't - once inside it's up to you to sell yourself. But you can't do that if no one even looks at you.
                      no it doesn't. playing for coaches who give a **** will open up more doors. plenty of coaches in every club out there that could give two craps about what you want to do in college.

Comment

FSA, CFC, Oakwood and Yankee all have good connections with colleges. Others not so much.

Comment

FSA, CFC, Oakwood and Yankee all have good connections with colleges. Others not so much.
                          here's a stupid Dad right for you. Unless you are 1% of the 1% then it's all on you to get the visibility. That's how it works.

Comment

here's a stupid Dad right for you. Unless you are 1% of the 1% then it's all on you to get the visibility. That's how it works.
                            So true. And "connections" doesn't always mean "good reputation." I've no doubt they know plenty of college coaches, but will those coaches take a phone call from them or take a recommendation seriously?

Comment

Speaking of stupid Dads, nicely worded first sentence.

If you’re on a good team that plays in top showcases with other players getting looks, you’ll get seen. The key is that your kid needs to perform.

Comment

Speaking of stupid Dads, nicely worded first sentence.

If you’re on a good team that plays in top showcases with other players getting looks, you’ll get seen. The key is that your kid needs to perform.
                                Coaches don't go window shopping. They have to want to come and see you. That is where the heavy lifting by the player comes in (reaching out, sending your bio and highlights etc) along with possibly a nudge from a club coach gets you seen. Being in a top event and even better top bracket definitely offers credibility also. Once in a while a player may catch a coach's eye that wasn't on their shopping list and they might reach out to you. But by and large they're checking out players who have expressed an interest in their program. They don't have much time to spend trying to woo players who aren't interested.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X