Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    None of your taxes because you obviously don’t have a job if you are posting on TS in the middle of the day.
    Retired with a nest egg from hard work thank you very much. Why are you avoiding the question?

Comment

How do you know how people honor the service and sacrifice of our military? How do you what is in the mind of persons who kneel? Maybe kneeling is MORE respectful. Maybe we should be more upset and white nationalists DO stand for the anthem.

Do you realize Alabama just passed a basically total ban on abortions of any type, and other states are doing similar? Do you realize that aside from the enormous spike in racism, or as past of that, anti-Semitism is running rampant in this country?

Do you think Sean Hannity is more patriotic and more of an American than Rapinoe? Jason Chaffetz? Trey Gowdy? That Gaetz fraternity bully clown? Tucker Carlson, lol?

Real Americans are the Rosa Parks of the world....the Buttigieg's of the world....and yes, Megan Rapinoe.
      Megan Rapinoe is the captain of the US Women's National Soccer team. If she wants to make a political statement, she should run for a political seat instead of running after soccer balls.

Sick to death of politics being brought to the playing field whether by female soccer players ore overpaid professional male athletes. JUST PLAY THE DAMN GAME!

Comment

How do you know how people honor the service and sacrifice of our military? How do you what is in the mind of persons who kneel? Maybe kneeling is MORE respectful. Maybe we should be more upset and white nationalists DO stand for the anthem.

Do you realize Alabama just passed a basically total ban on abortions of any type, and other states are doing similar? Do you realize that aside from the enormous spike in racism, or as past of that, anti-Semitism is running rampant in this country?

Do you think Sean Hannity is more patriotic and more of an American than Rapinoe? Jason Chaffetz? Trey Gowdy? That Gaetz fraternity bully clown? Tucker Carlson, lol?

Real Americans are the Rosa Parks of the world....the Buttigieg's of the world....and yes, Megan Rapinoe.
        Wow, s card carrying member of the liberal elite! I did serve our country in the military and am annoyed st the kneeling pampered millionaire athletes. I respect their right to protest but I expect a proper business to deal with them. BTW, I am to choice but realize it is a difficult situation and you respect their right to protest and challenge our laws. There are thoughtful folks on both sides of this,

Comment

Wow, s card carrying member of the liberal elite! I did serve our country in the military and am annoyed st the kneeling pampered millionaire athletes. I respect their right to protest but I expect a proper business to deal with them. BTW, I am to choice but realize it is a difficult situation and you respect their right to protest and challenge our laws. There are thoughtful folks on both sides of this,
          Insert pro choice

Comment

Many vets supported the NFL protests precisely because they fought for the freedom for all of us to protest. She is doing the same, taking a stand against the things she sees wrong with this country.
            You still don't get it. Nobody has a problem with their protesting only when they protest.

Comment

You see it way too narrowly. Soccer is is Business!!!!! They are playing a game for entertainment and to please the fans. You realize international soccer games are not some type of military operation. This is not some taxpayer supported enterprise.
              Yes dopey, and they are hurting their business.

Comment

Just because she believes in her team doesn't mean she agrees with where this country is going. On many national team players may not be aligned with national policies, only many may be severely punished for their views. Try playing for Russia or SA without towing the line. Millions of Americans love this country but are disgusted by what it has become of late.
                Millions were disgusted by what it had become under the previous administration, but they didn't act like the hysterical liberals we see today. Get over it.

Comment

I hope that is correct. We should all be furious if we are being taxed to support sports federations.
                  US Soccer receives grants and other government support including through its association with the US Olympic Committee. By far, they make the most from sponsorship, fees, and donations, but they do receive $ millions from direct or in-direct government support. Also remember, that they don’t just appoint themselves as the governing body for soccer without government of that. If you view it that way, all their revenue comes from the monopoly the government gives it. Here’s their financials and tax returns:
                  https://www.ussoccer.com/about/feder...al-information

Comment

More and more are simply avoiding the military altogether. All branches have seen big drops in recruitment numbers. That's why you see tons of ads running right now. Fewer are willing to risk their lives for this administration. Given how Bolton is bum rushing us into war with Iran it seems a smart move to stay out of the military for now.
                    To quote a previous post: "You have been told to do that by the media."

Would you like to compare how many engagements the US were in Obama vs Trump?

Comment

Millions were disgusted by what it had become under the previous administration, but they didn't act like the hysterical liberals we see today. Get over it.
                      Good - then you know exact how the majority of the county feels about the current situation and can easily relate. No one is more hysterical then the birther crowd or the "NRA people" DT tasked with doing something about his political opponent.

Go MR!!!

Comment

US Soccer receives grants and other government support including through its association with the US Olympic Committee. By far, they make the most from sponsorship, fees, and donations, but they do receive $ millions from direct or in-direct government support. Also remember, that they don’t just appoint themselves as the governing body for soccer without government of that. If you view it that way, all their revenue comes from the monopoly the government gives it. Here’s their financials and tax returns:
                        https://www.ussoccer.com/about/feder...al-information
                        Seriously - what tax money are they getting? I am looking and cant find anything. What tax money does the US Olympic Committee get?

Comment

When did kneeling become a sign of disrespect? Folks kneel in churches, at gravesites, before people and things that they seek to honor and respect. In fact, the whole kneeling approach was suggested to Colin K by an army vet who explained that kneeling was an appropriate form of respect and far preferable to simply sitting. Folks who are upset about such a respectful form of protest need to get a clue.
                          Exactly. And who cares? Don't look. The athletes who kneel aren't jumping up and down and grabbing a microphone to stir you or the crowd up.

The "stand or don't play" directive is about as ignorant as ignorant gets.

Comment

Give me more Megan Rapinoe and less Mitch McConnell any day.

Comment

Seriously - what tax money are they getting? I am looking and cant find anything. What tax money does the US Olympic Committee get?
                              They receive tax exempt status and they do get grants and donations.

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...ions/131548339

Comment

They receive tax exempt status and they do get grants and donations.

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...ions/131548339
                                Ok. I can live with non profit status. Direct tax payer support would be really infuriating.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X