Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s all about numbers. There are two ECNL clubs in MA. Stars and Scropions. Stars has far more players than Scorpions. Same with PDA vs other NJ/NY clubs. PDA has far more players. So Stars and PDA get two ECNL teams in the ECNL National league and two ECNL teams in the ECNL Regional league. The rest of the ECNL clubs get one per league per usual. The two teams come from the same club, yet are treated as two different clubs by the ECNL. So Stars East and Stars West are two different clubs. PDA has PDA White and PDA Blue. People get all worked up about A team and B team when going forward it’s supposed to be two separate clubs. I’m sure that the stronger players will be on East, however I’m guessing the teams will be slightly more equal as time goes on.

Now my issue will be with player development and a chance to move up. That’s virtually non-existent now until tryout time. Once on East or West that’s where you stay. No moving mid-year. So no moving from team 2 to 1 or vice versa like before when an NPL player could guest play with ECNL if they deserved some time. This will still happen with other clubs of course that only have one ECNL and ECNLR team. My daughter benefitted from this in the past and was able to move up from NPL to ECNL with Stars because she improved. Now a player like her will be trapped.

Now with Stars team 3 will be under team 1 on the East side and team 4 will be under team 2 on the West side. Not fair for a player from team 3 to guest play on team 1 over players on team 2 and not fair for players from team 4 to guest play on team 2 over team 3. Not sure what they will do in this situation. But, then again, life’s not fair.
    Good points. Are you sure that the Regional Teams will be bound to specific National teams (1-3; 2-4)? My understanding is that a player from either ECNL Regional team could guest play on either ECNL National team?

Comment

ECNL has turned into just another watered down league. Just with more travel. Too bad to watch it fall so far so fast.
      Is this specific to ECNL?

no doubt every league is diluted now, but interested which league you think has the highest concentration of talent?

Comment

no doubt every league is diluted now, but interested which league you think has the highest concentration of talent?
        more to pick from you should have better choices in the teams you make but also varies by age group for the big clubs

Comment

Good points. Are you sure that the Regional Teams will be bound to specific National teams (1-3; 2-4)? My understanding is that a player from either ECNL Regional team could guest play on either ECNL National team?
          I’m sure. ECNLR East and ECNLR West will be separate clubs and under the respective ECNL team.

Comment

ECNL A & B (1&2)
            ECNL Regional (3)
            NPL Northeast (4)
            NEP NPL (5)
            NEP NPL is far above NE NPL and will also be higher than ECNLR ...... many NEP NPL teams will be on par with ECNL B teams (even though there wont be many of these). ECNLR (current NE NPL) is just plain terrible and there is no way to sugar coat that. NE NPL next year, if it continues, will be even worse.

Comment

ECNL has turned into just another watered down league. Just with more travel. Too bad to watch it fall so far so fast.
              I’m not a cynic in general but I don’t see this as watering down. There are more kids playing and paying for higher level soccer. This is good or bad depending on your opinion. So now you have 100 kids instead of 36 playing for a club. They are getting better training early on and clubs attracting more and more kids. There were always leagues and divisions that created a hierarchy and now they are all just rebranded with different letters.

Problem is with crazy parents. Just let your kid play. If they are really good they will land on a good team with a good coach and will be recruited and play in college. If they aren’t then they aren’t. Get over yourselves with thinking you can do everything better and downing families for making their own decisions and for clubs growing and leagues changing and adding divisions.

Too many cooks.

Learn to shut your mouth.

Don’t tell me how good your kid is since I can decide for myself.

Comment

NEP NPL is far above NE NPL and will also be higher than ECNLR ...... many NEP NPL teams will be on par with ECNL B teams (even though there wont be many of these). ECNLR (current NE NPL) is just plain terrible and there is no way to sugar coat that. NE NPL next year, if it continues, will be even worse.
                Laughing.

Only SSS is any good in NEP NPL. One team. Maybe Bayside in a few age groups. GPS Red? Joke. Seacoast NPL? Joke. Oakwood, NEFC, Aztecs, Yankee? Such a joke. Those teams would not compete with most Northeast NPL teams.

Comment

Laughing.

Only SSS is any good in NEP NPL. One team. Maybe Bayside in a few age groups. GPS Red? Joke. Seacoast NPL? Joke. Oakwood, NEFC, Aztecs, Yankee? Such a joke. Those teams would not compete with most Northeast NPL teams.
                  You do raise a point, i think i am still stuck on NEP NPL from 2 years ago, but those are all GDA teams now! :)

Comment

Laughing.

Next year SSS will be in GDA so their second teams will be in NEP NPL. So yeah. NEP NPL will have teams that will be better than ECNLR? No. No they won’t. Top teams will be GPS Red and Bayside for girls. Yeah no. Keep saying it Dad but it won’t make it true (probably Dad of GPS Red player).

Comment

That is a useless stat. Look at the team and region where your player plays. If you are a northeast player and you use what goes on in California to decide on a team for your kid you are a fool. Same for a California kid looking at what goes on in Mass. Do what works in your area, not something thousand of miles away.

Comment

I’m not a cynic in general but I don’t see this as watering down. There are more kids playing and paying for higher level soccer. This is good or bad depending on your opinion. So now you have 100 kids instead of 36 playing for a club. They are getting better training early on and clubs attracting more and more kids. There were always leagues and divisions that created a hierarchy and now they are all just rebranded with different letters.

Problem is with crazy parents. Just let your kid play. If they are really good they will land on a good team with a good coach and will be recruited and play in college. If they aren’t then they aren’t. Get over yourselves with thinking you can do everything better and downing families for making their own decisions and for clubs growing and leagues changing and adding divisions.

Too many cooks.

Learn to shut your mouth.

Don’t tell me how good your kid is since I can decide for myself.
                        Oh my. Someone does not like criticism of this watered down mess called youth soccer. You must be in the biz.

Comment

and what is to blame for that? Mostly GDA. ECNL didn't create this watered down mess. Yes ECNl has flaws and improvement is necessary, but they didn't create another massive national league that was unnecessarily too large for what it was trying to accomplish.

Now many of the better GDA clubs have or will be returning to ECNL. Supposedly Real Colorado is out and a few others will announce after the showcase. USSF's response is to add more weak clubs to fill geographic holes. So more upheaval and uncertainty for players.

Comment

and what is to blame for that? Mostly GDA. ECNL didn't create this watered down mess. Yes ECNl has flaws and improvement is necessary, but they didn't create another massive national league that was unnecessarily too large for what it was trying to accomplish.

Now many of the better GDA clubs have or will be returning to ECNL. Supposedly Real Colorado is out and a few others will announce after the showcase. USSF's response is to add more weak clubs to fill geographic holes. So more upheaval and uncertainty for players.
                            Lot more money to be made with the ecnl model. Ussf made it harder for the clubs to make cash. If they had payed more attention to that, the league would he more successful. Always follow the money.

Comment

How are they getting better training? They're not - it's the same coaches, same teammates. It's not "higher level" soccer, it's just another reshuffling of the deck chairs. Youth soccer participation ages 6-14 is down 15% in just three years. Who will be coming up to fill all these elite rosters? Calling something elite or higher level is just that, a name.

Comment

Lot more money to be made with the ecnl model. Ussf made it harder for the clubs to make cash. If they had payed more attention to that, the league would he more successful. Always follow the money.
                                They also underestimated the importance of HS soccer, the lack of interest in a pro path, and the strength of a well entrenched competitor. They blew GDA big time.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X