SCA and OYSA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that like to present themselves or communications as "in the know" about soccer in Oregon. You do realize the two clubs you two are mentioning are just of a large number of small start ups occurring in Oregon right now?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Who needs to recruit when you have family after family leaving clubs associated with Timbers and Crossfire. If you're not tuned in to what's occurring at a very young level due experiences with their older players....then continue acting like a douche and spreading false rumors online. Claiming you know all about the club that you're not a part of and haven't been involved in...priceless. Watching you respond with so much hate, opinion, and stupidity is hilarious. If half these individuals had a brain they'd tell you jump off a bridge. OYSA is highly political and a part of the good old boy crew. The same group governing Oregon soccer thru their relations going back to Clive Charles days. If you knew what was going on then...how do you stand behind these clubs or the OYSA?

Best part is sitting here, not affiliated, remembering why I pulled my kiddo from a well known club due to club politics, lack of coaching ability, and no ability to offer guidance to the player. All which are so obvious here its down right pathetic. Keep protecting your six figure salary coaching youth...with no evidence of any success outside of your little Oregon league.

And I'm sorry, seeing "coaches" of Timbers affiliated clubs that couldn't even break into their varsity soccer team...as DOC's....lmao. Can't even watch a professional game and break it down but is somehow going to train your kids to be pros.....yea keep smoking the ganja.

Even better watching how quickly these individuals will respond to this...you'd have to question...do you even have a job? Does your boss know you sit online all day talking crap about other people...you know what that highlights in regards to psychology? Do you take a lot of selfies and believe the world cares to see you?
      Nice rant. I believe the original poster was questioning how SCA is different when they charge $2,200 basically for individual training all year long? SCA is a carbon copy of what is everywhere else in the PDX Metro area. It’s about money and keeping their work visas

Comment

Nice rant. I believe the original poster was questioning how SCA is different when they charge $2,200 basically for individual training all year long? SCA is a carbon copy of what is everywhere else in the PDX Metro area. It’s about money and keeping their work visas
        where does the $2200 figure come from?

Comment

where does the $2200 figure come from?
          That was the number given to me at tryouts when I asked

Comment

Who needs to recruit when you have family after family leaving clubs associated with Timbers and Crossfire. If you're not tuned in to what's occurring at a very young level due experiences with their older players....then continue acting like a douche and spreading false rumors online. Claiming you know all about the club that you're not a part of and haven't been involved in...priceless. Watching you respond with so much hate, opinion, and stupidity is hilarious. If half these individuals had a brain they'd tell you jump off a bridge. OYSA is highly political and a part of the good old boy crew. The same group governing Oregon soccer thru their relations going back to Clive Charles days. If you knew what was going on then...how do you stand behind these clubs or the OYSA?

Best part is sitting here, not affiliated, remembering why I pulled my kiddo from a well known club due to club politics, lack of coaching ability, and no ability to offer guidance to the player. All which are so obvious here its down right pathetic. Keep protecting your six figure salary coaching youth...with no evidence of any success outside of your little Oregon league.

And I'm sorry, seeing "coaches" of Timbers affiliated clubs that couldn't even break into their varsity soccer team...as DOC's....lmao. Can't even watch a professional game and break it down but is somehow going to train your kids to be pros.....yea keep smoking the ganja.

Even better watching how quickly these individuals will respond to this...you'd have to question...do you even have a job? Does your boss know you sit online all day talking crap about other people...you know what that highlights in regards to psychology? Do you take a lot of selfies and believe the world cares to see you?

Looks like a certain coach is home from boise....lmao.

Comment

That was the number given to me at tryouts when I asked
              you must have misheard? check their website.

Comment

Nope. We initially pay $1900 to SCA then another $300 to play games under IFC banner.
                I’m not complaining about the price. We pay for RCF too on top of club fees.

Comment

Eaxh age group is right around the quoted 2200 ish with expected tourney fees not to mention being lowbrow and charging a service fee in addition. Maybe you should have gone to the website yourself?

“U9-U14

3 – 90 minute sessions/week

4 tournaments/yearly (estimate an additional $200-$300 for tournaments, not including travel/accommodation expenses)

$1,900 + 3.5% transaction fee

U15-U18

1 tournament and 3 college showcases/yearly (estimate an additional $200-$300 for tournaments, not including travel/accommodation expenses)

College Fit Finder

Season breaks in the fall to allow for high school soccer

$1,850 +3.5% transaction fee”

Comment

Nope. We initially pay $1900 to SCA then another $300 to play games under IFC banner.
                    Nope I’m a parent! No extra on top of 1900$. Plus my daughters team x4 sessions a week

Comment

Eaxh age group is right around the quoted 2200 ish with expected tourney fees not to mention being lowbrow and charging a service fee in addition. Maybe you should have gone to the website yourself?

“U9-U14

4 tournaments/yearly (estimate an additional $200-$300 for tournaments, not including travel/accommodation expenses)

$1,900 + 3.5% transaction fee

U15-U18

1 tournament and 3 college showcases/yearly (estimate an additional $200-$300 for tournaments, not including travel/accommodation expenses)

College Fit Finder

Season breaks in the fall to allow for high school soccer

$1,850 +3.5% transaction fee”
                      Does your kiddo play for SCA?

Any club has a base fee/registration. Beyond that you pay for your tournaments that your kiddo plays in, your travel fees, etc. But the suggestion that the base fee is $2200 is silly.
                      Go compare/contract other clubs, add tournament fees, etc. and see where you end up.

Comment

Correct, you pay for tournaments that your kiddo plays in. If they don't play in them, you don't pay. Which is standard/typical.

Comment

Correct, you pay for tournaments that your kiddo plays in. If they don't play in them, you don't pay. Which is standard/typical.
                          But, but, but I thought SCA was different....SCA isn’t like the big named clubs. They aren’t like the old school money grabbing clubs.

Wait, there’s no difference. Same tune just a different location.

Comment

But, but, but I thought SCA was different....SCA isn’t like the big named clubs. They aren’t like the old school money grabbing clubs.

What a loser you truly are.

Comment

It is different they can actually coach 👊😂

Comment

What a loser you truly are.
                                Actually, the OP is correct. I see no difference in what SCA is doing as opposed to what people call the old guard here in Oregon. I think people have hit the nail on the head with this one.

SCA is here to do two things-

1. Keep a couple of green card/work visas people here in the states and be saved from deportation.
                                2. Line their pockets with $2,200 fees for private training.

Kids that go to SCA will be great 1v1 experts and will look really good at their elementary schools talent show when they show off the 23 different moves they’ve learned. All the while not building any sort of cognitive values.

Parents-
                                If anyone tries to convince you that working in a 1v1 environment is what kids need for 80% of their training they are lying. If anyone tries to convince you that rondos, position play exercises and training games are NOT technical training, quietly nod and then run away. 🤣 🏃🏼*♂️Passing, receiving, dribbling, and shooting in context embeds skills in such profound and purposeful ways.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X