Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys ECNL

Im trying to figure out why only Vantucky gets boys ECNL??? Did our DOC’s fall asleep with the DA going away?

http://www.boysecnl.com/2019/04/boys...019-20-season/

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Im trying to figure out why only Vantucky gets boys ECNL??? Did our DOC’s fall asleep with the DA going away?

Main issue is high school soccer. Since it is a spring sport in Washington, WashT can't do OYSA at u15 and above.

Wouldn't surprise me if the usual suspects don't form a becl league here next year. It's just what they do.

But don't worry--your club doesn't need to join becnl to find a worthy opponent.

Comment

I thought TA was moving to ecnl at the younger ages. Why aren't they in this announcement?

Comment

I thought TA was moving to ecnl at the younger ages. Why aren't they in this announcement?
        Perhaps because it might well be gossip? I have no idea what TA is doing for their U13 and U14 teams, and BECNL might be a possibility--but as you said, it wasn't part of this announcement.

Comment

It’s well known that if you play against tougher opponents consistently that you will get better. If our teams in Oregon were to play against So Cal opponents every weekend we would get better. The speed of play is much different in So Cal and Seattle. I wish our club could play Seattle teams consistently. We would get better.

Comment

Nope, they woke up to the reality of being average.

Comment

Some DOCs are planning a new league that only they get to play in. So they can be elite. Because they are different.

Ask your DOC why he doesn’t want to play 4H

Comment

Yam,n more harmony FC self-promotion.

Comment

Why ECNL

Why is there a need to join the boys ECNL?

What is the difference between OYSA and boys ECNL. Same teams? OYSA maybe even better with all the club participating when you include clubs like ADF and 4H etc....

Isn't the goal to play the best competition. Seems like you are hiding in the ECNL

Comment

ECNL must be the best league if even DA is playing in ECNL! Looks like the DA is surrendering to ECNL.

Comment

You are an idiot

Comment

Don't confuse the two

I think you have to be careful not to confuse the boys ECNL and Girls ECNL

The girls ECNL is certainly in a fight with the girls DA for the top league. It would appear in the NW the ECNL is the top spot, I don't know about the rest of the country. I am sure the GDA is better then ECNL in other parts of the county.

Not so on the boys side.

The national DA is for sure the top league in the country. The local club DA (here was U14 and below) was club teams playing in a different league under different training rules. The pathway was right back to OYSA at U15. You can't even say the little DA was better than OYSA with so many good team still in OYSA.

Comment

I think you have to be careful not to confuse the boys ECNL and Girls ECNL

The girls ECNL is certainly in a fight with the girls DA for the top league. It would appear in the NW the ECNL is the top spot, I don't know about the rest of the country. I am sure the GDA is better then ECNL in other parts of the county.

Not so on the boys side.

The national DA is for sure the top league in the country. The local club DA (here was U14 and below) was club teams playing in a different league under different training rules. The pathway was right back to OYSA at U15. You can't even say the little DA was better than OYSA with so many good team still in OYSA.
                          But it is safe to say that the Boys ECNL will be stronger than OYSA

Comment

The previous person was correct. The DA league for local clubs at U14 and below was a good thing, but the question did remain what do you do at the older age groups. Originally For Washington Timbers, thanks to High school seasons, they had to play in the RCL in washington and it was a strong league with all the top seattle teams in it. The recent issue though was the top 6 boys clubs in washington all went to the ECNL this year, which means at the U15 and above they can't play in OYSA due to Highschool soccer timing and the RCL just got watered down. It made every sense in the world for them to join on the boys side so they can still get good competition at the older ages. The side note on this is it does help them to work on getting their girls into ECNL as well, which I know they are working on. It wont happen this year, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happens in the next year or two.

Comment

But it is safe to say that the Boys ECNL will be stronger than OYSA
                              Generally, whatever league that SU, Crossfire Premier, WPFC, and PacNW are in, will be stronger than OYSA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X