Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cedar Stars U13 DA

Very critical year coming up for this group. Already seen girls at Matchfit getting a look and now heard some trying out at other top clubs as well. GDA needs to do something quick or they are going to have a serious issue in years to come

I see this as an isolated team player pool problem, and sounds like a disgruntled parent trying to stir the pot. This is not GDA’s problem to fix. The more that want to flock to MF the better...I hear roster spots are unlimited.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Very critical year coming up for this group. Already seen girls at Matchfit getting a look and now heard some trying out at other top clubs as well. GDA needs to do something quick or they are going to have a serious issue in years to come

GDA has nothing to do with that mess. The problem kids/families moved to Matchfit and a solid group stayed. CSA Bergen will be fine without the kids that left. Funny things is some of the kids that went to MF already looking to leave there.

Comment

GDA has nothing to do with that mess. The problem kids/families moved to Matchfit and a solid group stayed. CSA Bergen will be fine without the kids that left. Funny things is some of the kids that went to MF already looking to leave there.
        Kids from CSA Monmouth are leaving or trying to leave. I know several that are attending practices and Matchfit may have solved it problem with the additions

Comment

Thanks for the insight Dom. Once you commit to GDA at U13 - no way you will ever escape in time for High School!

Comment

Thanks for the insight Dom. Once you commit to GDA at U13 - no way you will ever escape in time for High School!
            Sorry but 90% of all kids girls or boys want to play high school soccer. Don't hate us for the decisions that these young players are making not to be in that environment and what ECNL. Which is the better of the two evils for the record.

Comment

Sorry but 90% of all kids girls or boys want to play high school soccer. Don't hate us for the decisions that these young players are making not to be in that environment and what ECNL. Which is the better of the two evils for the record.
              Funny that a lot of ECNL kids (including MF kids) end up opting out of HS soccer because the quality is horrible, refs suck and its and college coaches insist on not getting injured.

Nice try Dom.

Comment

Yes Dom, like 90% of girls or boys in NJ but 9% when you include California, Texas, etc. Not a big deal to most of the country but typical NJ mentality thinking as you go everyone goes
                SMH

Comment

Kids from CSA Monmouth are leaving or trying to leave. I know several that are attending practices and Matchfit may have solved it problem with the additions
                  Some of the girls leaving Monmouth are moving back to Bergen because it is closer to home. Whichever group winds up on the team they will be fine. Several who left a few seasons ago are back for the DA tryouts. My impression is that those who stayed at CSA are pretty happy they did, despite having average W/L records. Not sure if that will be the same when the pressure to win is amped up.

Comment

Some of the girls leaving Monmouth are moving back to Bergen because it is closer to home. Whichever group winds up on the team they will be fine. Several who left a few seasons ago are back for the DA tryouts. My impression is that those who stayed at CSA are pretty happy they did, despite having average W/L records. Not sure if that will be the same when the pressure to win is amped up.
                    Good for them, I hope they are happy. My impression is that people spend too much time worrying about what everyone else is doing and not enough time thinking about what the right move for their player should be (if a move is warranted at all). Then come next season, they are regretting their decision, instead of analyzing where they went wrong, they are spending time bashing everyone else. I wish these young ladies the best.

Comment

Good for them, I hope they are happy. My impression is that people spend too much time worrying about what everyone else is doing and not enough time thinking about what the right move for their player should be (if a move is warranted at all). Then come next season, they are regretting their decision, instead of analyzing where they went wrong, they are spending time bashing everyone else. I wish these young ladies the best.
                      All good in Bergen. Great competition for the top teams and plenty of other teams for girls who want to play NPL or just train. CSA has the advantage of an owner who loves soccer and makes his money elsewhere. These other clubs seem like misers who want to turn a profit on their 2nd yacht. I doubt George is making much money on the actual soccer, but I hope he is making enough with the uniform sales to keep him happy. Whatever else people say about the club or the record/ranking etc. The girls are treated like the accomplished young women they are and the club is solid for years to come.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X