Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any sense of how many they called back? Or how many they plan to take after next week?
    I haven’t heard back and none of my son’s teammates have either, and a couple will make it, I don’t know if emails / calls have gone out yet.

Also no idea in the size of pool moving forward

Comment

Email invites went out yesterday (Monday). They called a lot back from the teams that had large player pools (about 2/3 to 3/4 from what I have heard). Some kids got called back for the full week. Others just for one or two nights.

Comment

Has anyone figured out what league this team is supposed to play in?

Comment

Email invites went out yesterday (Monday). They called a lot back from the teams that had large player pools (about 2/3 to 3/4 from what I have heard). Some kids got called back for the full week. Others just for one or two nights.
          Did it go through to the doc or parents directly?

Comment

Did it go through to the doc or parents directly?
            It went through the DOC.

Comment

Interesting on the couple days folks.

Looks Like about 85% of the kids at our club were called back for all four

Comment

Our entire group got called back

Comment

Our entire group got called back
                  Your club must be better!

Or will have more disappointed players

Comment

Your club must be better!

Or will have more disappointed players
                    4/7 of our group called back.

Comment

4/7 of our group called back.
                      As a parent is that really where you want your son if he is not a starter? He will get to practice and train in a good environment but depending on where he falls in the pecking order he may see very little field time if at all. Ask yourself if that is truly what he wants.,,

Comment

As a parent is that really where you want your son if he is not a starter? He will get to practice and train in a good environment but depending on where he falls in the pecking order he may see very little field time if at all. Ask yourself if that is truly what he wants.,,
                        I think you might be right. Every parent that I have spoken with at the tryouts expresses the same concern that you have. The fact is that many players go back to their previous clubs after trying out the TA. Certainly, not an easy decision.

Comment

If he aspires to challenge himself with the best of the best in our area and he gets an invite, then I highly recommend him taking on the challenge to see where his limit is. Every year a few kids pass up the invite to 'wait until next year' and never get invited again. As they get older it gets much harder to even earn a spot on the training field let alone get game minutes.

The reality is almost every player from the TA could go back to a local club and contribute immediately. From U15 on it almost never works out for a player trying to join the TA from a local club.

Comment

If he aspires to challenge himself with the best of the best in our area and he gets an invite, then I highly recommend him taking on the challenge to see where his limit is. Every year a few kids pass up the invite to 'wait until next year' and never get invited again. As they get older it gets much harder to even earn a spot on the training field let alone get game minutes.

The reality is almost every player from the TA could go back to a local club and contribute immediately. From U15 on it almost never works out for a player trying to join the TA from a local club.
                            Riiiight. Thanks Timbers coach

Comment

It be realistic time, it’s not always about “challenge”- also keep in mind paying for private training helps your chances to earn playing time, cough cough....

Comment

It be realistic time, it’s not always about “challenge”- also keep in mind paying for private training helps your chances to earn playing time, cough cough....
                                This seems to be brought up regularly. Is there even a TA coach who does private trainings on the side? Please name them. TH used too, but that is a non factor now that he is not with TA. Who are you referring to?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X