Calling all Stars SM Disciples

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not go see some of his games. If you saw this weekends game against breakers my guess is you would form an opinion rather quickly.

Comment

After this weekend’s game, my opinion would be that he’s probably in line for NB’s job, after thoroughly outcoahcing him.

Comment

Lol. Highly doubt you went to the game. He was not playing to win. If that’s your style, so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Lol. Highly doubt you went to the game. He was not playing to win. If that’s your style, so be it.
          If he was playing to lose it was a disaster. The Stars simply couldn’t play. What an embarrassment.

Comment

Packing 10 kids into the defensive third for 95% of the game is defiinitely an interesting tactic. You get lucky sometimes and pick up a goal that squirts through with the ball is cleared over and over (and over!). But I would be surprised if the US Soccer coaches thought Saturday's performance was what they wanted to see from their DA teams.

Comment

Packing 10 kids into the defensive third for 95% of the game is defiinitely an interesting tactic. You get lucky sometimes and pick up a goal that squirts through with the ball is cleared over and over (and over!). But I would be surprised if the US Soccer coaches thought Saturday's performance was what they wanted to see from their DA teams.
              What age group?

I don't have a ton of experience watching SM, but do have some. I haven't seen that negative tactic before, but I'm not saying I've seen a ton of his games.

Comment

USSF coaches were there on Saturday. They will be happy Stars are leaving DA

Comment

USSF coaches were there on Saturday. They will be happy Stars are leaving DA
                  Given the level of commitment they showed o it, yes I agree. better off without them

Comment

Sounds about right for SM.... kick it forward!!

Comment

After this weekend’s game, my opinion would be that he’s probably in line for NB’s job, after thoroughly outcoahcing him.
                      haha thanks shawn.

Comment

Sounds about right. Keep burning bridges with clubs all over the Region. Once done, he can take his act down South.

Comment

I've experienced some lazy coaches and ones that are ill equipped to coach the game but I'd take them any day versus someone that screams a lot during games and practices. We have a screamer now for pretty much that first time and its no fun for anyone involved. The enthusiasm of a kid that has been a stellar performer on the pitch for 7-8 years has dropped off suddenly. Ditto for the other teammates in the same boat.
                          Screaming at an individual player during the game or practice when they make a mistake is wrong. Easy solution, talk to them on the sideline. Screaming at players during the game makes players afraid to make mistake. The fact that coaches don't recognize that is sad and alarming. Never complimenting a player or being positive is just as bad. Coaches have a habit of screaming when they make a mistake but say nothing when they do something right. If the coach can't balance both then they shouldn't say anything at all. The same lack of enthusiasm seems to be a growing trend on my daughter's team as well.

Comment

Was this not how Sweden knocked the USWNT out of the Olympics? Is this not what you see happen every Saturday in the EPL when lower ranked teams play top ranked teams in order to keep score lines close?

I love the armchair coaches who have probably never coached a competitive game in their life. My guess is Stars knew they were outmatched and couldn't play a more possession style so they defaulted to a conservative defensive style. That is called coaching. I'm sure the armchair coaches here would have had the team playing out the back and building up through the midfield... only to get scored on multiple times.

Comment

Was this not how Sweden knocked the USWNT out of the Olympics? Is this not what you see happen every Saturday in the EPL when lower ranked teams play top ranked teams in order to keep score lines close?

I love the armchair coaches who have probably never coached a competitive game in their life. My guess is Stars knew they were outmatched and couldn't play a more possession style so they defaulted to a conservative defensive style. That is called coaching. I'm sure the armchair coaches here would have had the team playing out the back and building up through the midfield... only to get scored on multiple times.
                              A couple of thoughts.....
                              Both teams played a competitive game in the fall (1st game of season for both), stars played much better quality competition in NC and played to win, there is absolutely ZERO significance to these games. No standings or playoffs. These games are friendlies only. You are comparing the olympics, epl to a DA friendly?! What you are missing is that EPL transitions to offense in the blink of an eye and then gets everyone behind the ball on D. Big difference to how SM was coaching yesterday. He was instructing his players to get yellow cards and play kick and run. Is this what other countries are doing to prepare its players?

Comment

Generally, and depending on the age group, I agree. Early on, no...but as you get older learning to win is part of development. Formulating a plan to get a result, and getting your team to follow it, is good coaching.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X