Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    a very fair PoV. also quality family time.
    It gets very tough if you have multiple kids, all doing their own things. Before you know it they're out the door and you can't ever get that time back.

Comment

It gets very tough if you have multiple kids, all doing their own things. Before you know it they're out the door and you can't ever get that time back.
      Right. So, I think wishing for more time to pound the bag of chips while watching the great concussion test after a 4-hour stroll around the fields looking for a little ball will really bring that family time to the forefront.

Comment

Right. So, I think wishing for more time to pound the bag of chips while watching the great concussion test after a 4-hour stroll around the fields looking for a little ball will really bring that family time to the forefront.

I am not sure the OP said anything about family time. Sounds like he/she is looking for some me time.

Comment

I am not sure the OP said anything about family time. Sounds like he/she is looking for some me time.

Right, different post

a very fair PoV. also quality family time.
          I can tell you if this was my attitude with my kid, she'd politely ask me not to go. "Don't want to be there, dad? Then please don't go."

Comment

Right, different post

I can tell you if this was my attitude with my kid, she'd politely ask me not to go. "Don't want to be there, dad? Then please don't go."
            There's spending time with one kid vs spending time with all your kids, either separately or as a family. It's the later that gets difficult to do when everyone has different schedules and interests.

It's also easy to get into the habit of one parent doing most of the "soccer stuff" or "dance stuff", usually because they used to participate in that activity or just really enjoy it. If you have a dancer, go. Even if you hate dance. Don't always pass it off to your wife unless that's what the dancer wants. Have the wife watch football games. Make sure to fit in family time with everyone. It's over in a snap and there will be plenty of me time then.

- youngest graduates soon

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X