2019 Boys Soccer Verbal Commitments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's another way of looking at this. Being a GK and never getting to play since it is a "one person at a time" position definitely must suck. That said, there are GKs even at D3 who stay with the team for all 4 years and never play (or never play regularly). Maybe, even though one could see this as counter-intuitive, continuing makes more sense at D3 than D1. Why would a kid who is a GK stay on a D3 team even while knowing a regular role likely is not in his or her future? Speaks to what kids get out of being part of a team.

Comment

When will the 2020 list start? The Bolts already have 2 D1 commitments.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        whom? and where to?

Comment

OP here. I usually put out a preview on the earlier year thread around now. I haven't because this year's club announcements have been late. I don't start the official one until Oct. after I review how much the kids have played. Usually by now about a handful are listed, and likely another handful are also done but not recorded. The list doesn't really start growing from there until later in the Fall. I'll try and the preview up the next few days.

Comment

2020 Boys Soccer Verbal Commitments

D1

Matthew Goncalves, Bolts, Belmont Hill, Cornell
            Benjamin Jenkins, NEFC, Newburyport, Dartmouth
            Tristan Stephani, Bolts, King Phillip, Holy Cross

Comment

D1

Bolts didn't develop MG. recently joined. believe a Valeo kid.

Comment

Never played Revs Academy why? That's right, Scales doesn't give prep school waivers even though he went to a Prep school himself.

Comment

Never played Revs Academy why? That's right, Scales doesn't give prep school waivers even though he went to a Prep school himself.
                  Yet they added the NC commit last month (PG year) and are now claiming him as a Revs player. Can't make this sh*t up.

Comment

And so, we’re back to this:

I wish there was a stipulation about the number of games played by a commit before he could be “claimed” by a club.
                    And this:

Whatever that number of games is, it has to be more than zero. These two players (JV to Bolts and MSB to Revs) joined their clubs AFTER they were already committed to their colleges So how about "zero" for the stipulation? Fair?
                    So I took a look at MG’s very brief history at the Bolts. He’s played in 7 games with 6 starts. That’s essentially the Spring season thus far. That’s his whole Bolts career. Are the Bolts justified in claiming him as a commit?

Belmont Hill will certainly claim him as a commit. They probably have the best claim because they helped with the academics.

Valeo will post “Former Valeo player commits to Cornell.”

But, I took a look at the 2019 commits list most recently posted in this thread. There isn’t a single Valeo player listed, not in D1, D2 or D3. Then I read about MG in NESJ and found this:

”Goncalves – who grew up playing for Valeo before switching to the Bolts for the college soccer exposure that accompanies their DA program”

If Valeo has no current commits and the Bolts have more than a dozen can you blame the player and his family for switching? Would he currently be committed to Cornell if he was playing a State Cup game in Lancaster? It’s highly doubtful as far as I’m concerned.

So that begs the question, if a player needs to switch to the Bolts or the Revs to gain a D1 commitment are those clubs allowed to claim them?

Comment

And so, we’re back to this:

And this:

So I took a look at MG’s very brief history at the Bolts. He’s played in 7 games with 6 starts. That’s essentially the Spring season thus far. That’s his whole Bolts career. Are the Bolts justified in claiming him as a commit?

Belmont Hill will certainly claim him as a commit. They probably have the best claim because they helped with the academics.

Valeo will post “Former Valeo player commits to Cornell.”

But, I took a look at the 2019 commits list most recently posted in this thread. There isn’t a single Valeo player listed, not in D1, D2 or D3. Then I read about MG in NESJ and found this:

”Goncalves – who grew up playing for Valeo before switching to the Bolts for the college soccer exposure that accompanies their DA program”

If Valeo has no current commits and the Bolts have more than a dozen can you blame the player and his family for switching? Would he currently be committed to Cornell if he was playing a State Cup game in Lancaster? It’s highly doubtful as far as I’m concerned.

So that begs the question, if a player needs to switch to the Bolts or the Revs to gain a D1 commitment are those clubs allowed to claim them?
                      my vote is yes. i believe most kids stop developing at 14ish. They get better after, no doubt. But can the Bolts really take credit and for that matter Belmont Hill as well, for MG skill set. like most "elite" soccer players who turn to ISL, they had the skill set prior to enrolling.

Happy for any young man/ woman who works hard on the pitch and in the classroom to be recognized by a school of their choice.

Comment

Bolts suck! What a joke! 😂😂

Comment

Great post. Helpful to the conversation. In what way do Bolts suck? Obviously you have a lot of anger. Might want to do something about that other than raging here. Bolts has done plenty good for a lot of kids.

Comment

Bolts suck! What a joke! 😂😂
                            Bolts haven’t released their college commitment list yet. Must be worried it won’t compare to GPS with tryouts just around the corner.

Comment

D1

Anyone who commits to HC at this point is either desperate or a plain bonehead. In this case, it's the latter.

Comment

Maybe he liked the school dusche.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X