• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't see game but saw stats for Mewis (2) goals

Comment

Oh, sorry, friendly today uswnt vs s. africa

Comment

It was South Africa and this is their first WC . Hopefully, the gal that went out with an injury comes back for the WC. Would be a shame to miss it having come this far.

Mewis was a stud. I hope Ellis sees this.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          It was South Africa and this is their first WC . Hopefully, the gal that went out with an injury comes back for the WC. Would be a shame to miss it having come this far.

Mewis was a stud. I hope Ellis sees this.
          Her goal was a thing of beauty.

Comment

Know I can look it up. Lazy. How old is she? Just thinking about how long it took her to get here and how long she’s likely to stay. Example for someone hoping to follow?

Comment

Know I can look it up. Lazy. How old is she? Just thinking about how long it took her to get here and how long she’s likely to stay. Example for someone hoping to follow?
              She's 26. Much of the roster is late 20s/early 30s and only 4 are under 25. It's a long slog most of the time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...al_soccer_team

Comment

If you are interested in following Mewis or any other the other USWNT members, most of them have done videos about their journey. Real interesting and clear that it is not a straight line. A lot of them get cut and picked up years later, or go overseas to up their pro career. Here’s Mewis’ video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KUXLaowqpgI

She almost had a hat trick against South Africa. Had she been two steps quicker she would have scored off a cross from Pugh. Pugh looked the best I’ve seen her in a while. She assisted in the 3rd goal to Lloyd.

Comment

It took you longer to write and post that than looking it up.

Age also has something to do with 4 year cycles in terms of the WC. Mewis has been a member of the squad for at least several years, and her sister made the roster quite a few times as well.

Comment

Pretty cool they killed off Brienne of Tarth in time for Sam to return to WC roster.

I know, I know, they taped GoT months ago. jk.
                    #SoTalented

Comment

If you are interested in following Mewis or any other the other USWNT members, most of them have done videos about their journey. Real interesting and clear that it is not a straight line. A lot of them get cut and picked up years later, or go overseas to up their pro career. Here’s Mewis’ video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KUXLaowqpgI

She almost had a hat trick against South Africa. Had she been two steps quicker she would have scored off a cross from Pugh. Pugh looked the best I’ve seen her in a while. She assisted in the 3rd goal to Lloyd.
                      Great video.....which notes her WNT debut was at age 21.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X