• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For ‘18 grads: Salmon Creek had the best commitment list
    2019 grads: ? Thorns Academy?
    2020 grads: Thorns Academy is leading the pack but ***c is a close 2nd
    2021 grads: CU is leading the pack
    2022 grads: None yet

OYSA travel teams lead at every age for overall commits but many are low level schools and CCs. However, they also end up with about as many D1 commits too so does anyone really need to play ecnl or gda to get recruited, even to D1?
    Can anyone post the D1 commitment lists from the 3 leagues?

Comment

Do your own homework. Is your Google broken?

Comment

Commitments come from a player, who plays in a club or a HS Program.

NOT A LEAGUE YOU STUPID TOOL!

With your logic nearly all of them came from an OSAA league. Next.

Comment

OYSA travel teams lead at every age for overall commits but many are low level schools and CCs. However, they also end up with about as many D1 commits too so does anyone really need to play ecnl or gda to get recruited, even to D1?
          This looks about right. Haven’t heard of any new D1 commits from any team for a while though.

Comment

This looks about right. Haven’t heard of any new D1 commits from any team for a while though.
            Of all the D1 commits I know, none of them are listed online that I can find. I only know four for certain. I don't know many people so I assume the pool is much larger than that.

Comment

While I could say D1 is interesting I have to point out that choosing a D1 school isn’t better than choosing a D2 school.

You would be surprised how the vast majority of the D1 commits aren’t getting anything or very little money and if you are at a top D1 it’s very likely you aren’t playing at all.

I’m interested in the commits that got good offers, good education, and a major factor for their college team.

I don’t give a rats ass about a UW Or UP commit who isn’t seeing a minute or dollar.

Comment

In no order just who is actually committing players in larger numbers as all teams will have commitments.

18: Salmon creek, Westside, thorns, Cu and Fcp are a joke for the money.
                19: Thorns and CU
                20: wash t, thorns, cu, Fcp all have strong commitments
                21 cu gps
                22 none

If you think you need to be somewhere to get a commit you’ve been lied to. You need to be somebody. Period.

Comment

“If you think you need to be somewhere to get a commit you’ve been lied to. You need to be somebody. Period.”

This is the best statement on here.

If your coach told you that you have to be there or be in a specific league to get recruited then you’ve been flat out lied to and I’d love to debate any lying coach or director that thinks otherwise.

Comment

“If you think you need to be somewhere to get a commit you’ve been lied to. You need to be somebody. Period.”

This is the best statement on here.

If your coach told you that you have to be there or be in a specific league to get recruited then you’ve been flat out lied to and I’d love to debate any lying coach or director that thinks otherwise.
                    I think you are looking at this too "black vs. white" Where you play matters to a certain degree. In order to have college coaches take a recruit seriously they need to be playing on a quality team that faces quality competition. I completely agree that does not mean only ECNL and DA there absolutely exist options with USYS regional/national league and NPL.
                    So I would say you need to be somebody AND be getting visibility (which does not require a specific League or Club). I guess that may be splitting hairs but skill without visibility will not get you recruited.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X