Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What's the point of pausing sports? I was at our high school track the other day and there were twenty high schoolers on the football field playing football and another group practicing lacrosse or whatever. The kids don't get it. Hey parents, maybe ask your kids what they're doing when they go out? We're never going to get the virus under control. My kid just found out today that her whole grade has to distance learn for two weeks now because a kid has Covid. She was only in home room with him for five minutes and he sits in the other side of the room.
    Was speaking with a friend who teaches at our HS the other day,. They said right now many teachers would prefer schools close until after Christmas. Because of cases in all the schools that require shutdowns and quarantines of students and teachers, it's getting very disruptive. On again off again is especially tough on younger kids as well as on parents who work and have to scramble for care or work from home. Closing would help keep down the predicted post Thanksgiving surge. I feel like we're so close to the finish line with vaccines rolling out soon.

Comment

Was speaking with a friend who teaches at our HS the other day,. They said right now many teachers would prefer schools close until after Christmas. Because of cases in all the schools that require shutdowns and quarantines of students and teachers, it's getting very disruptive. On again off again is especially tough on younger kids as well as on parents who work and have to scramble for care or work from home. Closing would help keep down the predicted post Thanksgiving surge. I feel like we're so close to the finish line with vaccines rolling out soon.
      These teachers are unbelievable. Half assed job, don’t want to work. We should stop paying them. Why aren’t we praising the grocery store bagger that actually goes to work every day.

Comment

These teachers are unbelievable. Half assed job, don’t want to work. We should stop paying them. Why aren’t we praising the grocery store bagger that actually goes to work every day.
        My teacher friend said the hybrid model of half the kids in, half in is incredibly challenging for teachers and many are burning out. They're rather be all in or all out. For the kids' sake they'd rather be all in. There absolutely is an issue with depression and isolation especially with teens, but younger kids are struggling too. My one in college has been struggling with staying focused with their all online learning.

Comment

What's the point of pausing sports? I was at our high school track the other day and there were twenty high schoolers on the football field playing football and another group practicing lacrosse or whatever. The kids don't get it. Hey parents, maybe ask your kids what they're doing when they go out? We're never going to get the virus under control. My kid just found out today that her whole grade has to distance learn for two weeks now because a kid has Covid. She was only in home room with him for five minutes and he sits in the other side of the room.
          Then that is silly. Your kid’s school needs to do a better job in their tracing. You don’t shut everything down for one person. Knock it off.

Comment

Then that is silly. Your kid’s school needs to do a better job in their tracing. You don’t shut everything down for one person. Knock it off.
            That is the standard at some but not all schools. It becomes especially problematic in high school when kids are in multiple classes.

Comment

Our schools shut down for a day to contact trace all the people they think are the riskiest, tell them to stay home two weeks + sanitize spaces. Then they open back up again. the problem is now it's becoming more frequent and the shutdowns disruptive. They need a new system

Comment

My teacher friend said the hybrid model of half the kids in, half in is incredibly challenging for teachers and many are burning out. They're rather be all in or all out. For the kids' sake they'd rather be all in. There absolutely is an issue with depression and isolation especially with teens, but younger kids are struggling too. My one in college has been struggling with staying focused with their all online learning.
                The teachers are burning out? Are you freakin serious!!! They have the easiest schedule on a normal year... off every summer, recess breaks etc. this year they have been working minimally with all that time off-public school education is a joke. They are burning out? How absolutely absurd. If you said healthcare workers are burning out, EMS, front line workers then yes agreed. Teachers... no.

Comment

They are burning out? How absolutely absurd

You obviously have never worked in public education and you have no idea what youre talking about. Teachers are on the verge of being burnt out. They spend all day on the pc distance learning and then they spend the rest of the day preparing for the next.

Comment

They are burning out? How absolutely absurd

You obviously have never worked in public education and you have no idea what youre talking about. Teachers are on the verge of being burnt out. They spend all day on the pc distance learning and then they spend the rest of the day preparing for the next.
                    Ummm that’s called a normals day work. And most do t have summers off and Thanksgiving, Christmas and spring break recess. Why don’t you totally up the number of days and hours these teachers are working and compare them to everyone else.

Comment

Teachers are paid based on their 10 month schedule....

Comment

Teachers are paid based on their 10 month schedule....
                        We’re not talking about pay for months worked. We’re talking about the idiocy that they are burned out.

Comment

Yeah, it's really rough. My wife is a teacher and she teaches class just like she did before .... But with a camera in. She goes to school on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. On mon and tue half the class is present while the other half learns from home. On thu and Fri, the kids switch roles. They are all home on wed while the classrooms are deep cleaned. She loves one less commuting day and sees no issues with the hybrid model for herself or the kids although she would prefer in school full time. It is what it is given the times and it is hardly a hardship although many of her Co workers complain about risk and fatigue daily, she is used to it. When there wasn't a pandemic, the same minority was always complaining about something.if any teachers are burning out because if this they should do is all a favor and find another job.

Comment

Its pretty clear that none of you work in public education or have a spouse that works in public education.

Teachers are not getting burnt out from the actual work, they are fed up with the all over the place decision making from the Admins. Its very inconsistent and most of the time confusing.

Imagine leaving work on a Friday, and as you get home you get an email saying you have to now work from home for the next 2 weeks. Fine right? yes, except all the materials you will need are in your classroom. What now? you cant go to the school and get what you need? That's just an example and that is happening all too often.

Its funny that the Unions are clambering for distance teaching, because most teachers I have spoken to very much want to teach in person, they don't want to distance teach.

Are teachers making as big a sacrifice as healthcare workers? of course not BUT they are making sacrifices. These people are committed to your children. One of the above posts is correct. These people spend all day distance teaching your kid and then spend the rest of the day preparing for the next. I promise you, that's more than typical 8 hour day.

Not to mention, if they have children of their own who are distance learning themselves.

Are all teachers great? nope Are all teachers getting burnt out? Nope, BUT many of them are extremely frustrated so to say that teachers getting burnt out is a joke or absurd is just ignorant. You have no clue.

Comment

Its pretty clear that none of you work in public education or have a spouse that works in public education.

Teachers are not getting burnt out from the actual work, they are fed up with the all over the place decision making from the Admins. Its very inconsistent and most of the time confusing.

Imagine leaving work on a Friday, and as you get home you get an email saying you have to now work from home for the next 2 weeks. Fine right? yes, except all the materials you will need are in your classroom. What now? you cant go to the school and get what you need? That's just an example and that is happening all too often.

Its funny that the Unions are clambering for distance teaching, because most teachers I have spoken to very much want to teach in person, they don't want to distance teach.

Are teachers making as big a sacrifice as healthcare workers? of course not BUT they are making sacrifices. These people are committed to your children. One of the above posts is correct. These people spend all day distance teaching your kid and then spend the rest of the day preparing for the next. I promise you, that's more than typical 8 hour day.

Not to mention, if they have children of their own who are distance learning themselves.

Are all teachers great? nope Are all teachers getting burnt out? Nope, BUT many of them are extremely frustrated so to say that teachers getting burnt out is a joke or absurd is just ignorant. You have no clue.
                              EVERYONE is making sacrifices. Everyone is dealing with changes in their work environment. Bottom line, teachers get more time off than anyone else so STFU and deal with it like EVERYONE else

Comment

EVERYONE is making sacrifices. Everyone is dealing with changes in their work environment. Bottom line, teachers get more time off than anyone else so STFU and deal with it like EVERYONE else

just sad....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X