• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can you really give 200%?
    I can give you 500%

Comment

The best players will give 200% during those 20 mins regardless, 200% every single time there’s a chance to get touches on the ball. Even during the “not even as good as a training session club” practices, 200%.
      Our coach scrimmages EVERY practice. Total choo choo train

Comment

Our coach plays an insane formation with one of our weakest players as the only forward most of the game, playing weak players from his club team, blames his best players, and wonders why they keep losing games they should win. Cant wait for Club.
        if you have to hide someone its better to hide them on offense
        hiding them in a defensive position is always a bad idea

Comment

Yup. A mistake up top is less risky than near your goal.

Comment

At least your coach is trying to hide them. We have kids that never kick a ball playing important roles. Our coach and the people that hired him are total azzhats

Comment

HS soccer sucks the big one... The only exception being is where you have a program run by an actual coach. A program that actually has quality players. Those schools historically do very well.

These programs are few and far between.

If most schools didn't have the biology teacher as their varsity coach things would probably be very different. You have inept coaches teaching inept players. Its a recipe for disaster! Any good program has a coach where soccer is part of their profession more than likely coaches outside of the HS season along with players that play outside of the HS season.

Comment

I actually disagree. Our school has had a string of Premier coaches, and they dont let the kids play and let the talent win. They want so much to prove they are an awesome coach that they destroy everything. When will these coaches learn to let the kids play and stop making them try and fit in your system that they think works on their crappy pay for play team.

Simple formula, stop thinking you are the smartest person on Earth and listen to the ones that are actually playing the game.

Comment

I actually disagree. Our school has had a string of Premier coaches, and they dont let the kids play and let the talent win. They want so much to prove they are an awesome coach that they destroy everything. When will these coaches learn to let the kids play and stop making them try and fit in your system that they think works on their crappy pay for play team.

Simple formula, stop thinking you are the smartest person on Earth and listen to the ones that are actually playing the game.
                  i assume you let your 16 year old daughter run your household , she does live there
                  same goes with car purchases and insurance as im sure she drives
                  what about dinner, she eats

Comment

The Logical Voice

My D says it sucked.
                    Here is why.
                    Schedule was changed so could not play “competitive” school’s.
                    Shortened season but still too frequent of games.
                    No state tournament. It is like playing summer league, players don’t really care.
                    Most importantly, no community support. No students, no fans, no support. It feels like games are played behind closed doors. Like schools are trying to hide the events and don’t want anyone there. It’s like they take place in secret because they don’t want attention from the overlords.

So she prefers not to have played at all.

She simply could have not come out and taken a uniform.

Comment

I can give you 500%
                      Name that tune!

Comment

The Logical Voice

Some will be happy to have a season.
                        You will make great communist.
                        You will take the crumbs the government throws out and be thankful.
                        I don’t accept this.
                        God gave me certain inalienable rights not the government.
                        Back to normal is the only way.
                        Accept nothing less.
                        I bet I can find all kinds of "crumbs" you take from the government and think nothing of it.

What rights did God give you?

What is normal? Your version or mine?

Comment

The Logical Voice

It was a waste. Playing a few games was dumb. Nothing to play for stinks.

Is that what the kids who actually play think?

Why does your kid play in the first place? Is he or she just a trophy chaser?

Comment

The Logical Voice

My kid can’t wait for club to start.
                            Tired up the crap games with no purpose.
                            If they don’t go back to normal for next fall, my player says they will skip it and hope club offers something. Even if only training.
                            Don't let the door hit you in butt on the way out.

Comment

Is that what the kids who actually play think?

Why does your kid play in the first place? Is he or she just a trophy chaser?
                              Agreed. My kids teams are hoping to get in 14 games and are playing for cohort champs, pride, and because they love the sport and hanging out with their friends. Can't believe your kids cant find any of that in your town. Why do they even play?

Comment

So what are people saying about the fall HS season
                                Good. Bad. Otherwise?
                                As long as an official champion in each of the regional tournaments is actually declared, the season can be considered a success. Back in September I was very much against the idea of playing a season with no end goal for the players to work towards during these difficult circumstances, and thought it was much better to just play no season at all. But some good has come out of this.

Thankfully, the conferences did the right thing and at least created some sort of postseason tournament. J.F. also added a #13 to the GHS girls roster for the first time with the team wearing black jerseys instead of blue, which was a surprise. Never thought I would see that. And he did it in a year where the games didn't start until October 1st and weather once again interfered with our Halloween weekend game. So it makes for a good enough story to tell.

The lack of any atmosphere at the games because of all the restrictions is the toughest part. The student sections were what made the games fun, and now parents are the only ones who can attend safely. This isn't fun anymore- even though the kids do get to play which is great, having to constantly worry about the possibility of games being postponed and contracting the virus in the back of their minds while playing at the same time can't be good for their emotional health.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X