Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOTN post on why kids quit soccer

The article was great and made sense. Here was a response that was up for a few minutes and then obviously taken down. It is more specific to local problem why kids quit youth soccer.

This site and parents coming on here and Larry, CJ, and other moderators causing drama is a big part of kids quitting soccer. The parents then bring this drama to the dinner table and car rides home and kids can care less. So the only way to get away from these crazy adults that don’t support the kids development they only support unnecessary drama is to quit.

Then the crazy parents go to these wanna be “academies” that care more about registrations and winning games the kids don’t have fun. When kids don’t have fun they quit.

I’m sure this won’t get posted as Larry wouldn’t want to expose himself and staff as part of the problem with kids quitting. Also, many of the clubs he promotes that care more about money than development are bad for the game (ie. SUSA, Albertson, LISC, Barca-he doesn’t promote but same as others).

The article was on Soccer America, which requires a paid subscription. If they posted the actual article instead of just a link, they would have to take it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The article was on Soccer America, which requires a paid subscription. If they posted the actual article instead of just a link, they would have to take it down.
      Article still there

Comment

The clubs and these sites (full of jealous parents, club employees, professional sh-t stirrers) all do one thing that creates the issues - they cause anxiety on the part of parents who then bring that anxiety to the dinner table and car ride, as someone posted above.

My kids used to play at a club that pays BOTN a lot of money and the entire 4 years we were there all the coaches did was give mixed signals as to how "good" they were or how much they were valued. One day it was come play up a year and the next day it was ride bench. It was as if they went out of their way to play mind games and make you question the kids ability. It is all designed to trap parents who are not knowledgeable or who do not have any resources and who think they cant really go elsewhere better or that they should "trust the process" with their current coach/club.

Comment

The clubs and these sites (full of jealous parents, club employees, professional sh-t stirrers) all do one thing that creates the issues - they cause anxiety on the part of parents who then bring that anxiety to the dinner table and car ride, as someone posted above.

My kids used to play at a club that pays BOTN a lot of money and the entire 4 years we were there all the coaches did was give mixed signals as to how "good" they were or how much they were valued. One day it was come play up a year and the next day it was ride bench. It was as if they went out of their way to play mind games and make you question the kids ability. It is all designed to trap parents who are not knowledgeable or who do not have any resources and who think they cant really go elsewhere better or that they should "trust the process" with their current coach/club.
          DK and SUSA famous line “trust the process” AKA shut up and pay me

Comment

My daughter quit, and she received a 3/4 scholarship to a good school, alas ‘‘twas not to be....

Comment

Article still there
              On BOTN? I can't find it there.

Comment

My daughter quit, and she received a 3/4 scholarship to a good school, alas ‘‘twas not to be....
                Sometimes the kids just decide the ride is over and it has nothing to do with pressure or club BS. It is a lot of effort if your heart isnt in it anymore.

Comment

Sometimes the kids just decide the ride is over and it has nothing to do with pressure or club BS. It is a lot of effort if your heart isnt in it anymore.
                  Many are burned out before college. Many more burn out in college or decide it's time to move on to other life-things like internships and planning for a career.

Comment

Right or wrong, the commentary is indicative of what plagues society today. The cry, “it’s not my kids fault.” Sometimes we need to be accountable and rest the responsibilities squarely on the player. Same for the parent, you signed them up to the club, you do the driving, you get the supplementals, eventually there is nothing else for you to do. Your kid either wants it or not.

Remember, if it was that easy then everyone would be doing it. Enjoy the ride instead of complaining.

Comment

exactly...its really not a pandemic. soccer is not for all and certainly takes up a lot of time.
                      many many many kids simply find other interests like making money, girls/boys, education, ect.

The article posted is simply a media gimmick designed to get idiots talking about a subject that is futile.

Comment

exactly...its really not a pandemic. soccer is not for all and certainly takes up a lot of time.
                        many many many kids simply find other interests like making money, girls/boys, education, ect.

The article posted is simply a media gimmick designed to get idiots talking about a subject that is futile.
                        So there is no reason a Higher # of kids are quitting. It’s the media gimmick got it, you’re probably the parent who screams at the ref all game and thinks the coaches are all idiots.

Comment

So there is no reason a Higher # of kids are quitting. It’s the media gimmick got it, you’re probably the parent who screams at the ref all game and thinks the coaches are all idiots.
                          My D quit because she developed an eating disorder, the stress of the game was taking a mental toll that was just too much, glad she made the right choice....

Comment

nope, i never yell at the refs, its really pointless. but what is your excuse for being an idiot?
                            "Higher # of kids quiting?" compared this to what? was there a time when no kid ever quit soccer? now there is a "quitting pandemic"???????? your a fkg idiot!

Comment

nope, i never yell at the refs, its really pointless. but what is your excuse for being an idiot?
                              "Higher # of kids quiting?" compared this to what? was there a time when no kid ever quit soccer? now there is a "quitting pandemic"???????? your a fkg idiot!
                              Try reading the article before you start name calling because you’re to ignorant to make a coherent point.

I’ll help you
                              Take the amount of kids registering year after year and if the number declines more kids are leaving youth sports. If the number increases more kids are participating. Not a tough concept to understand.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X