Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great Julia Dohle

My daughter has just told me about Julia Dohle, one of her former teammates who has recently retired from soccer because of a rare heat condition. Julia was simply the very best teammate that a player could have, she was always encouraging the younger GK’s, show strength by example on the field, being encouraging to her teammates and practicing and training harder that any player I have ever seen. As if 2020 wasn't bad enough, this news just makes everything so much worse. Best of luck Jules, we all want you to recover, and continue your journey, it was a honor to watch you play....

That is very sad news - i hope penn state treats her well despite her being unable to continue playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      That is very sad news - i hope penn state treats her well despite her being unable to continue playing.
      What are you suggesting, that they honor her scholarship??

Comment

What are you suggesting, that they honor her scholarship??
        I mean like find a way to relieve the stress of just losing it. If her grades are good, help find some academic $ to make up for losing the full ride for sports? Even if not 100%, get her halfway there through acaemic money.

Comment

What is a heat condition?A rash?

Comment

I mean like find a way to relieve the stress of just losing it. If her grades are good, help find some academic $ to make up for losing the full ride for sports? Even if not 100%, get her halfway there through acaemic money.
            Penn State takes care of all their athletes. The Women’s soccer coach and her coaching staff are great and this young lady will be fine at the school. They will do right by her. To suggest otherwise means you know nothing about there program. Right now her health is the most important and everything else will fall into place.

Comment

This is really tragic...so saddened for this kid. The beautiful game has lost a beautiful player. May she see a full recovery and lead a long healthy life.

Comment

Penn State takes care of all their athletes. The Women’s soccer coach and her coaching staff are great and this young lady will be fine at the school. They will do right by her. To suggest otherwise means you know nothing about there program. Right now her health is the most important and everything else will fall into place.
                Power 5 conferences generally guarantee their scholarships for 4 years. They won't leave her hanging. Tough dx at such a young age.

Comment

What is a heat condition?A rash?
                  Yes, the same rash that is up your arse.....

Comment

This is really tragic...so saddened for this kid. The beautiful game has lost a beautiful player. May she see a full recovery and lead a long healthy life.
                    My D has played with, and has know her since u12, this is truly horrendous news, life is most certainly unfair, as she was such a great kid and teammate....

Comment

Her family is wealthy, its not about the money, she was invested in this 100%, wanted to play for US in the WC, and professionally also, tragic...

Comment

My D has played with, and has know her since u12, this is truly horrendous news, life is most certainly unfair, as she was such a great kid and teammate....
                        Hey people, she still IS a great kid! This has to do with her playing soccer career. Plenty of players are forced to quit playing because of injuries and that’s part of the game. Here’s is totally health related that is about living a normal life. Hopefully this surgery went well and she will live a very productive life without playing soccer. She accomplished much more than most representing country and getting an athletic scholarship to a great college where she will continue to flourish as a student as well as part of the team with a new role.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X