• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Under 50
    99.98% survival rate per CDC
    That means 2 in 10,000
    I like those odds.
    Especially since no underlying conditions.
    $Tupidity is an underlying condition.

Comment

How come CT media will not report on stories like this. I have heard of many such instances like this from friends here in CT who have lost a parent in a nursing home due to failure to thrive due to Covid restrictions. It is a real problem. Estimates put Alzheimer’s & dementia deaths increased 25-40% during this pandemic. One friend told me her father said he would rather die of Covid then loneliness. It is so sad. Neds policies are still killing nursing home residents.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ation-n1244853

Comment

How come CT media will not report on stories like this. I have heard of many such instances like this from friends here in CT who have lost a parent in a nursing home due to failure to thrive due to Covid restrictions. It is a real problem. Estimates put Alzheimer’s & dementia deaths increased 25-40% during this pandemic. One friend told me her father said he would rather die of Covid then loneliness. It is so sad. Neds policies are still killing nursing home residents.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ation-n1244853
        Nursing homes all over the country are restricted. You can't lay that on just Lamont. Facilities also want to avoid outbreaks that kill dozens, which has happened, and avoid law suits. There's no easy answers because they are so vulnerable

Comment

Please pass the COVID uncle. I enjoy long walks and fevers after dinner like the next guy, but I also understand that I am part of a larger society. Normal life, soccer, whatever will not return until we start realizing that we are all in this together. New Zealand, South Korea, China (unfortunately) get it and have vastly lower rates. Why? Because they do not have r3tards like you and your family.

Drink up. Our boring winter just got longer because of you. Are you happy?
          Meanwhile, Florida ( my state) Texas and Tennessee roll along with freedom and less fatality.
          Huh, seems wierd....what gives?

Comment

Nursing homes all over the country are restricted. You can't lay that on just Lamont. Facilities also want to avoid outbreaks that kill dozens, which has happened, and avoid law suits. There's no easy answers because they are so vulnerable
            While nursing homes all over the country are coping with restrictions, CT is still 5th in highest percentage of deaths from CV coming from LTC facilities at 74%. Even now, LTC are where the deaths are. In CT, the failure to thrive deaths are approximately 500 excess so far this year. 500 people died because of the CV rules at LTC. For them, the cure was worse then the disease.
            I am not saying there are easy answers, I am just mad as hell that the local media refuse to report what is happening with these LTC. I feel like local media is just propaganda for Lamont. No hard questions EVER.

Comment

Meanwhile, Florida ( my state) Texas and Tennessee roll along with freedom and less fatality.
              I’ll take “Who stopped reporting the data” for $500, Alex.

Comment

One of the reasons for the high number of Nursing Home deaths is a failure to maintain infectious disease protocols , and a lack of effort by State Agencies to make sure , by inspection and observation , that facilities and their employees are doing their part. The same situation exists to some degree in Veterans Facilities. This is not just in CT. Indeed, the first Nursing Home with fatalities in Washington state had been noted for failing to meet certain requirements.

What is it, 70 % of the Covid “ related “ deaths in CT are in Nursing Homes? Appalling.
                Don’t expect the media to hold CT politicians accountable. they are too busy covering racism as a public health hazard , while the real hazards of public health, regulation and administration for the most vulnerable, get avoided.

Comment

Turns out virtue signaling does NOT save lives.
                  Who knew...
                  But it makes the elite ruling class feel like they did something.

Comment

Turns out virtue signaling does NOT save lives.
                    Who knew...
                    But it makes the elite ruling class feel like they did something.
                    Northeasterners are the ultimate chumps. It would take 5 years before they admit they have been played. We are laughing at you.

Comment

Northeasterners are the ultimate chumps. It would take 5 years before they admit they have been played. We are laughing at you.
                      As someone from another place, you are exactly right. So easy to see how blind these pompous a-holes are.

Comment

Bombshell assertion by Johns Hopkins Econ and stat experts: “These data analyses suggest that in contrast to most people’s assumptions, the number of deaths by COVID-19 is not alarming. In fact, it has relatively no effect on deaths in the United States.”

https://www.jhunewsletter.com/articl...ue-to-covid-19
                        Lol, I didn't think that Johns Hopkins article I posted this morning (saying that deaths from other causes are being classified as COVID deaths) would stay up long.

Violations of the narrative are not permitted.

Comment

Lol, I didn't think that Johns Hopkins article I posted this morning (saying that deaths from other causes are being classified as COVID deaths) would stay up long.

Hard for someone to dispute the source when that’s what they use to record the Covid deaths.

Comment

Maybe it was all a republican dream...or rather more likely that this student newsletter got fact checked by the university. Whoops someone made a math error.

Comment

As someone from another place, you are exactly right. So easy to see how blind these pompous a-holes are.
                              Why would someone from another place come to the Connecticut section of Talking Soccer? Do tell. Trying to get a leg up on the competition? Here’s a summary:
                              - CFC has no lights so they do not play when it’s dark out
                              - FSA has a sweet facility (with lights), but stale developmental approach
                              - OW plays MLS academy teams, but seems to be falling apart

Comment

I'm all for data analysis and understanding trends, but this doesn't compensate for behavioral changes. There's a reason why insurance companies were giving rebates. To some degree other deaths were prevented by the less active lifestyles of many. What that means is that different people may have died vs others due to covid. It doesn't mean that it didn't contribute significantly to death for a population set that may have otherwise lived longer.
                                Moronic

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X