What is FSA doing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OW says their indoor is closed until mid January https://www.oakwoodsoccer.com/

Comment

The CT.gov website has contradictory information. In one part they say teams can't break up into smaller groups, then in a different part they can

What is prohibited during Team Sports on Pause:

Participation in High Risk Sports (other than conditioning/non-contact drills)

All Team scrimmages, competitions, camps, clinics and tournaments (including all interscholastic, “pick-up” games, and other informal athletic activities)

Participation in any out-of-state Team practices (including conditioning), competitions, camps, clinics and tournaments by CT residents

Participation in competitions, camps, clinics, tournaments in CT by out-of-state Teams

https://portal.ct.gov/DECD/Content/C...ports-on-Pause
      Teams are not able to break up into smaller groups to practice or compete (e.g. a 20 person team practicing or competing in groups of 4 or less at the same time and location is not allowed)

versus:

What is allowed during Team Sports on Pause:

Outdoor Recreation activities
      Individual and small group training (4 people or fewer)
      Individual and small group Moderate and Low Risk Sports (4 people or fewer)

Comment

its not that hard to believe clubs with outdoor fields will continue training during this pause within the guidelines from the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          its 4 players for 1 hour. They can train half a team in 2 hrs. Not a big deal. Every player should be able to train at least 2-3 hours a week. Coaches can do 2 hours each night, that's also not a big deal.

Its called creating a schedule. FSA has a HUGE advantage here given their number of fields, lights, and indoor space.
          Not if there are 24 on your roster.

Comment

FSA does what it has to do to succeed. Larger rosters are needed at older age groups, as proms, work, boy/girlfriends and life cause players to miss practices and games.

Comment

FSA does what it has to do to succeed. Larger rosters are needed at older age groups, as proms, work, boy/girlfriends and life cause players to miss practices and games.
              Do they really? hahahaha

Comment

if coaches don't want to work they don't have to be paid....its pretty simple

Comment

OW says their indoor is closed until mid January https://www.oakwoodsoccer.com/
                  this closure has nothing to due with the club players. are they still going to train?

Comment

this closure has nothing to due with the club players. are they still going to train?
                    Why do you care what they’re going to DO?

Comment

Because I want to know everything about every player and every club you stupidfuk

Comment

because i will be monitoring their facilities to make sure they are not breaking rules

Comment

because i will be monitoring their facilities to make sure they are not breaking rules
                          I just saw two FSA kids kicking a soccer ball today. Could be a brother? I don’t know. Do you want to call or should I?

Comment

its 4 players for 1 hour. They can train half a team in 2 hrs. Not a big deal. Every player should be able to train at least 2-3 hours a week. Coaches can do 2 hours each night, that's also not a big deal.

Its called creating a schedule. FSA has a HUGE advantage here given their number of fields, lights, and indoor space.
                            --------------------------------------

Oh, look. This is someone with intimate knowledge of the situation. Im so happy we found an expert. Hold on, let me get my notebook so I could take notes

Btw...its 3 players and 1 coach.

<goes and gets notebook>

Ok, so what do you have to say about players traveling from long distance to train? What about if 2 players in a group can't make training? Will the training be uniform through the clubs What? What if the coach can't make it to the soccer field all 5 nights, because they probably have a full time job or families or spouses who work at night? Will the coaches be compensated more for doubling their time at the fields?

Thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to help us answer these questions? What *should* be done?

Comment

FSA is going to do nothing...no training, no refund... nothing.

Comment

FSA is going to do nothing...no training, no refund... nothing.
                                I wonder if they will handle indoor league refunds better this year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X