Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OP here, thanks for all the replies. I do like what Ginga has to offer as a step up in the near term, and I was overlooking that middle hop from here to there and maybe to a bigger club later.

But another question: Lets assume my kid is good enough to step into the OW or FSA first teams and be in the top third right now (I know I am biased, and I do not know the player pools there. Just for the sake of discussion). How much harder is it to break into that team as an outsider if we wait until after the move to 11 v 11?
    I can't speak for FSA but I can tell you that if your kid is good enough, he'll break into the squad at Oakwood. They see a lot of turnover as the ages get older. Self admitted, they only have a couple of kids from u9 that make it all the way to the end of their age out at Oakwood.

Comment

put him in ginga or rush and then take the extra money and have him do NCE or P1. He will get way better training than FSA or OW ulittle.

Comment

The best thing you can do is have him play pick up as much as possible. Can't advise as to clubs.

Comment

not hard at all as long as you have cash
          Dumbest response ever

Comment

put him in ginga or rush and then take the extra money and have him do NCE or P1. He will get way better training than FSA or OW ulittle.
            Totally agree with this post. Ginga and NCE. And while you’re at it, throw him into Brazil CT Futsal as soon as possible.

Comment

Totally agree with this post. Ginga and NCE. And while you’re at it, throw him into Brazil CT Futsal as soon as possible.
              If he makes FSA A team go there first. If not, ginga not a bad 2nd choice .... skip NCE .... waste of money.

Comment

If he makes FSA A team go there first. If not, ginga not a bad 2nd choice .... skip NCE .... waste of money.
                No need to take a kid that young all the way to FSA. Stay closer for another year or two at least

Comment

No need to take a kid that young all the way to FSA. Stay closer for another year or two at least
                  It’s not that far.

Comment

It’s not that far.

Op is in Branford and his kid is NINE. FSA is 45-50min. Ginga will be <30. Young kids shouldn't be spending nearly two hours in the car multiple times a week. Wait awhile longer to see if the kid is still really into soccer and has the skills to warrant a bigger commitment. Many drop out in middle school as they find other interests or want to focus on other sports. Also, a huge time commitment means less time to play other sports. A nine year old should be playing lots of sports, not focusing on just one yet.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X