Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Covid is already number 3 on the list of top causes of death for 2020 now surpassing Medical mistakes. And at the rate of increase that is happening now it could likely take over the number 2 spot by the end of the year.

you should also know that there are plenty of mandates around that protect society from cancer and heart disease.
    Link for a source?
    You can’t because you are lying.
    I download from CDC Wonder Database every week.
    I know you are full of ****.

Comment

Not the issue. Failure should result is a change of strategy. Double down is not a change in strategy it is insanity. If something does not work, try something different. Government is very poor at adapting or changing. Private industry is much better at it. Government has no flexibility or ability to change or adapt.
      It did result in a change of strategy. As clunky as the USA way of governing is, elections are how voters settle disagreements and choose new strategies.

Comment

Link for a source?
        https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/...eer-countries/

Comment

Link for a source?
          "COVID is now the No. 3 cause of death in the U.S. -- ahead of accidents, injuries, lung disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's, and many, many other causes," Frieden said.

The CDC says heart disease and cancer are the first- and second-leading causes of death.

Comment

It did result in a change of strategy. As clunky as the USA way of governing is, elections are how voters settle disagreements and choose new strategies.
            I see. So it running it’s course why a new administration tries to figure out what to do is a solution. What is really different or unique about the new administration’s solutions? Not in USA terms of strategy tried but in world terms. What nations have been successful and could their strategy work for the USA given its population, size, culture, and population densities.

Comment

Not accurate. This is like the world o meter
              By link I mean real CDC data
              I pull mine from the MMRW
              When you find a credible source, post it.
              You posted crap.

Comment

I see. So it running it’s course why a new administration tries to figure out what to do is a solution. What is really different or unique about the new administration’s solutions? Not in USA terms of strategy tried but in world terms. What nations have been successful and could their strategy work for the USA given its population, size, culture, and population densities.
                I get that you have given up as did this administration and millions of other like yourself.

The northeast was hit very very hard by this virus and fought back in a coordinated effort and is better shape then soe other parts o hte country.- now the virus is trying to surge back but it will not do so in the northeast without a fight.

Comment

Study of Marine recruits finds CoV2 spread occurs despite strict quarantine & enforcement of pub health measures. This has major implications. If transmission occurs in this controlled environment, NPIs imposed upon the public would be even less effective.
                  After 2 weeks, spread was actually GREATER in the supervised quarantine group (2.8%) than in the control group (1.7%). The study also found that 90% of those infected were asymptomatic, consistent with other research.
                  The Mt. Sinai researchers noted that the Marines "most likely experienced better compliance than what would be possible in...settings like college campuses." I'd say that's probably a reasonable assumption.
                  The study calls into serious question the effectiveness of the approach taken at college campuses across the US. It also suggests that NPIs - masks, isolation, business & school closures, distancing, etc. - imposed upon the general public do little to mitigate transmission.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2029717

Comment

Study of Marine recruits finds CoV2 spread occurs despite strict quarantine & enforcement of pub health measures. This has major implications. If transmission occurs in this controlled environment, NPIs imposed upon the public would be even less effective.
                    After 2 weeks, spread was actually GREATER in the supervised quarantine group (2.8%) than in the control group (1.7%). The study also found that 90% of those infected were asymptomatic, consistent with other research.
                    The Mt. Sinai researchers noted that the Marines "most likely experienced better compliance than what would be possible in...settings like college campuses." I'd say that's probably a reasonable assumption.
                    The study calls into serious question the effectiveness of the approach taken at college campuses across the US. It also suggests that NPIs - masks, isolation, business & school closures, distancing, etc. - imposed upon the general public do little to mitigate transmission.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2029717
                    So I guess we should do nothing then?

Comment

Wait for the Easter Miracle. Duh.

Comment

Protect / shelter the old & every one else get on with life.
                        Hopefully medical advances come quickly for the old to rejoin society.

Comment

In the meantime look what we are doing to the kids

https://www.hartfordschools.org/ct-p...all-to-action/

4 teens in Hartford Kill themselves over pandemic in last 4 weeks.
                          I hope you fearmongers are happy. This is what happens when all you peddle is fear and stripe hope away.

4 teen deaths that should not happen.
                          That is 60 life years lost per kid. 240 life years.
                          That is literally worse then 240 80+ year olds dying.
                          You fear mongers suck ass.

Comment

I hope you fearmongers are happy. This is what happens when all you peddle is fear and stripe hope away.

Covid deaths and suicide are both serious issues, and both need attention. Life requires maturely managing multiple problems at once. It is difficult and if you cant manage it, find some help. DOn't endlessly pick silly fights like a child.

Comment

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6945a3.htm
                              New @CDCMMWR suggests that the #COVID19 pandemic may be negatively impacting children’s mental health. The proportion of emergency room visits for mental health concerns in children & adolescents increased substantially this past Mar.-Oct. Read the report

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X