Clear All

Evolution of a soccer parent

I wonder if Paige would like to try soccer
    I wonder if Paige is good enough to make the town’s A team
    I wonder if we should explore club soccer with Paige
    I wonder if we ought to give the DA a shot
    I wonder if Paige is good enough to start for high school varsity
    I wonder if Paige is is good enough to play in college
    I wonder if Paige’s college team is good enough to make it to the NCAA tournament this year
    I wonder what I’m going do with all my time and money now

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I wonder if Paige would like to try soccer
    I wonder if Paige is good enough to make the town’s A team
    I wonder if we should explore club soccer with Paige
    I wonder if we ought to give the DA a shot
    I wonder if Paige is good enough to start for high school varsity
    I wonder if Paige is is good enough to play in college
    I wonder if Paige’s college team is good enough to make it to the NCAA tournament this year
    I wonder what I’m going do with all my time and money now
    Apparently you've decided on coming to a anon website and create nonsense posts.

I've apparently decided on being even dumber and responding to it.

Comment

Apparently you've decided on coming to a anon website and create nonsense posts.

I've apparently decided on being even dumber and responding to it.
      Lol. You’re apparently a pretty surface level thinker

Comment

Op left out:

OMG Paige's U11 team is kicking butt. She's going to get a D1 scholarship!
        OMG Paige's U14 team is breaking up because a few top players are leaving. Should I move her too?
        OMG Paige is 16 and only mediocre schools are interested in her. What do we do now?

Comment

Op left out:

OMG Paige's U11 team is kicking butt. She's going to get a D1 scholarship!
          OMG Paige's U14 team is breaking up because a few top players are leaving. Should I move her too?
          OMG Paige is 16 and only mediocre schools are interested in her. What do we do now?
          OMG Paige is 16 and only mediocre schools are interested in her. I need to pay for a lot of private training NOW.
          OMG Paige is 17 and I can not pay for college ID clinics fast enough. Why are there only 2 days in a weekend!? I need to pay for more prospect clinics.
          OMG Paige is 18 and I cant believe we have paid for soccer for her for 10 years with tons of clinics and private training and she is going to Dean College to play soccer.
          OMG Paige is 19 and she still doesn't play much at Dean. Another set of coaches that can not see how goods she is. What is wrong with everyone!?
          OMG Paige is 20 and Paige quit soccer and hates her college!
          OMG Paige is 20.5 and is transferring to UMASS Boston and living at home again.

Comment

Wow, sorry Paige. Your folks are lame.

Comment

Theres always tears ...
              U8 Paige wont stop crying at Sandlot, she’s not ready yet
              U9 Paige is hilarious to watch
              U10 Paige and her town team are “special”
              U11 Paige and her local teammates deserve a better club
              Hey parents we are all moving to club X. Some go left, some go right
              U12 Paige was chosen for the special team. We drive places
              U13 Paige’s team is on The List. We fly places
              U14 Paige skips u14 due to BY
              U15 Paige is becoming a player. She goes to camps
              U16 Paige is leading scorer on HS Varsity as freshman. We fly more places.
              Paige says playtime is over, asks to switch clubs, cries leaving her friends
              U17 Paige is All-Whatever as a Sophomore, she has articles
              .... Paige is crying again. adults want a kid to make decisions shes not ready to make

Comment

Theres always tears ...
                U8 Paige wont stop crying at Sandlot, she’s not ready yet
                U9 Paige is hilarious to watch
                U10 Paige and her town team are “special”
                U11 Paige and her local teammates deserve a better club
                Hey parents we are all moving to club X. Some go left, some go right
                U12 Paige was chosen for the special team. We drive places
                U13 Paige’s team is on The List. We fly places
                U14 Paige skips u14 due to BY
                U15 Paige is becoming a player. She goes to camps
                U16 Paige is leading scorer on HS Varsity as freshman. We fly more places.
                Paige says playtime is over, asks to switch clubs, cries leaving her friends
                .... Paige is crying again. adults want a kid to make decisions shes not ready to make
                Stop crying Paige

Comment

OMG Paige is 16 and only mediocre schools are interested in her. I need to pay for a lot of private training NOW.
                  OMG Paige is 17 and I can not pay for college ID clinics fast enough. Why are there only 2 days in a weekend!? I need to pay for more prospect clinics.
                  OMG Paige is 18 and I cant believe we have paid for soccer for her for 10 years with tons of clinics and private training and she is going to Dean College to play soccer.
                  OMG Paige is 19 and she still doesn't play much at Dean. Another set of coaches that can not see how goods she is. What is wrong with everyone!?
                  OMG Paige is 20 and Paige quit soccer and hates her college!
                  OMG Paige is 20.5 and is transferring to UMASS Boston and living at home again.
                  OMG Paige is 21, moved to LA and now working as an adult film actress under the same Natalie Nutmeg.

Comment

Orrrr....a parent can just be level-headed and let Paige do what she wants to do. This parent doesn't push Paige to continue on with something she really doesn't like and just lets her figure out things for herself. Believe it or not, there are a few of those parents in existence. Unfortunately they're aren't enough of them.

Comment

Orrrr....a parent can just be level-headed and let Paige do what she wants to do. This parent doesn't push Paige to continue on with something she really doesn't like and just lets her figure out things for herself. Believe it or not, there are a few of those parents in existence. Unfortunately they're aren't enough of them.
                      Yeah, I heard the little girl that got punched by the gorilla in Carolina got to do whatever she wanted.

Comment

In all seriousness, if that is allowed on TS, we are in that exact situation now. The pressure to look at schools, call coaches, and make decisions is really weighing on my kid. A lot of it is due to not getting feedback from coaches and knowing where she stands. It's great to play in front of tons of coaches, but are they really interested?

Comment

In all seriousness, if that is allowed on TS, we are in that exact situation now. The pressure to look at schools, call coaches, and make decisions is really weighing on my kid. A lot of it is due to not getting feedback from coaches and knowing where she stands. It's great to play in front of tons of coaches, but are they really interested?
                          If you have to do all of the pushing and prodding then they are not .... when they are interested, they will call her club or HS coach (or both). They always have ways to reach out.

Comment

OMG Paige is 21, moved to LA and now working as an adult film actress under the same Natalie Nutmeg.
                            This is hilarious. What happens next? What happens when Paige has kids?
                            Does the cycle repeat itself?

Comment

Yeah, I heard the little girl that got punched by the gorilla in Carolina got to do whatever she wanted.
                              Are you really that obtuse that you didn't know what the OP meant?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X