Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The response was to point our that it would actually make ECNL more elite than placing Stars B teams there. I am going to go out on a limb and say that I think all of NEFC’s top teams would beat the Stars West teams, and compete heavily with the other clubs for the top of the ECNL Northeast bracket.
    I am familiar with several of those teams and there are definitely West teams that would trounce the NEFC DA team in their age group. I am not as familiar with the oldest girls so maybe that's the group you are talking about. Spoke at length with an NEFC parent we know recently and they were shocked by how good some of the West teams are.

Comment

Kind of a ridiculous statement to be honest, Scorpions haven’t even played from u15 and up so how can you make an assumption based on no facts.
      GPS Thanksgiving Tournament

Comment

You missed the point. The OP was basically trying to make the point that by letting NEFC’s top team back in to ECNL would in affect degrade the “Eliteness” level of ECNL as a league. The response was to point our that it would actually make ECNL more elite than placing Stars B teams there. I am going to go out on a limb and say that I think all of NEFC’s top teams would beat the Stars West teams, and compete heavily with the other clubs for the top of the ECNL Northeast bracket. The fact that the Stars West team’s can and will beat Scorpions’ top teams, Is more a function of the Scorpions program, and those other bottom half teams in ECNL, and nothing about the common sense idea of putting NEFC back in if the GDA folds.
        When did it become common sense for Business A to give competitive advantage to Business B?

Comment

Letting Nefc into Ecnl would not hurt Fcstars bottom line,would increase competition while getting more girls seen for college.Anyone against this is not for competition or helping kids get to college.

Comment

Letting Nefc into Ecnl would not hurt Fcstars bottom line,would increase competition while getting more girls seen for college.Anyone against this is not for competition or helping kids get to college.
            Huh? So you feel that removing the revenue of an entire team across multiple age groups would not hurt Stars bottom line.

You don't think Stars increased competition by adding another (better) team to MA ECNL. You don't think they increased development making intra-squad scrimmages harder than most ECNL games. You don't think they increased access to colleges by creating another Stars team. You don't think that they help more girls, who are all free to join stars, get direct access to all the college coaches that already talk to JD on a weekly basis.

You must be the same guy that thinks he's upper middle class on the other thread.

Comment

I am familiar with several of those teams and there are definitely West teams that would trounce the NEFC DA team in their age group. I am not as familiar with the oldest girls so maybe that's the group you are talking about. Spoke at length with an NEFC parent we know recently and they were shocked by how good some of the West teams are.
              name the age group, you won't because then you'll be exposed. Be honest, both clubs have talent in every age group but a true "B" team will lose 80% of the time to the top team on either club. Not arguing which club is stronger, but there is a reason there are B and A teams. Trounce? don't think so

Comment

Teams can only have a set number of players ,Stars Ecnl can only hold so many.Each club can only have a set number of teams.One more club adds multiple teams .Meaning more kids get college exposure .Competition is good for all .Not just FC Stars

Comment

Can we all just agree at the end of the day this is a business, every business is focused on as many clients as possible. One club may be better than another and everyone has their own personal biased opinion, I know I do. However as long as the quality of play remains even more kids in top leagues is best for the Northeast region and the better the Northeast region gets the more college coaches you will have coming here

Comment

Can we all just agree at the end of the day this is a business, every business is focused on as many clients as possible. One club may be better than another and everyone has their own personal biased opinion, I know I do. However as long as the quality of play remains even more kids in top leagues is best for the Northeast region and the better the Northeast region gets the more college coaches you will have coming here
                    More mediocre kids in top leagues may make teams even, but college coaches don't want mediocre.

Comment

That’s up to the coaches to decide not you.

Comment

Not every college can get the best players. Plenty of average and below average soccer players need to fill low D1 D2 and D3 rosters. Not every player can go to BC or Harvard

Comment

Nefc is screwed. Move on

Comment

Nefc is screwed. Move on
                            NEFC is staying in GDA? I thought they were heading to ECNL?

Comment

I got my money on bayside getting in the ecnl before they let nefc back in....

Comment

No way Nefc goes back to mediocre Ecnl when they have DA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X