NEFC to ECNL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Stars Ecnl can afford to have Two teams,What makes you think NEFC doesn’t have the players to make one also.Are you that nieve to think all the best players currently play Stars Ecnl.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Since Stars Ecnl can afford to have Two teams,What makes you think NEFC doesn’t have the players to make one also.Are you that nieve to think all the best players currently play Stars Ecnl.
      I think players will go to ECNL teams after this spring. DA is weak and it will only get weaker. Not playing HS for it is pathetic.
      Nope, MA will not have 4 ecnl teams.

Comment

I think players will go to ECNL teams after this spring. DA is weak and it will only get weaker. Not playing HS for it is pathetic.
        Nope, MA will not have 4 ecnl teams.
        So, where will they go? You say they will go to ECNL teams, and they won't have 4 ECNL teams in MA?

Are you saying existing ECNL players will get bumped?

Comment

So, where will they go? You say they will go to ECNL teams, and they won't have 4 ECNL teams in MA?

If it is competitive soccer, then they better take the best players .... cant slam GDA clubs for not doing this if ECNL clubs wont.

Comment

There is always spots for 3-4 players to replace the bottom ones. So do you actually think that whole NEFC is better than all ecnl? about 4 players per age group can make ecnl teams.

Comment

There is always spots for 3-4 players to replace the bottom ones. So do you actually think that whole NEFC is better than all ecnl? about 4 players per age group can make ecnl teams.
              I think you are off-base by only considering 3-4. From my view, I think the top 3-4 NEFC players can displace 3-4 on the Stars A team. The B team is a likely one for one match and plausibly all of them could be displaced.

Wouldn't that be a trip...

Comment

I think you are off-base by only considering 3-4. From my view, I think the top 3-4 NEFC players can displace 3-4 on the Stars A team. The B team is a likely one for one match and plausibly all of them could be displaced.

They should take the best 18 per team and be done ... if that means replacing 9-18 then so be it.

Comment

Sux to be stuck in mess at NEFC. To take a Stars players place, you have to be better then them. Not equal to them. So I'd say previous poster saying 3 or 4 would replace Stars kids on any given team is about correct.

Comment

On both stars east and west there are players that will be moved/cut for next year. (sorry to all the a team/b team screamers). But if you think that NEFC DA teams could come in with 10 kids and replace the top ten on either team you haven't seen the teams play enough. There are enough kids who have all played together over the years that if you have been playing club soccer long enough you know what the talent is on the other teams.

Why do people constantly forget that while some kids chose to play DA last year at LEAST half of the best players chose to play ECNL because they go to prep schools where they must play for their school teams. Look at the schools around here, many of them have soccer teams where half the roster, in some cases the whole roster, is made up of ECNL players. That means that at least half of every DA team is filled with kids who got lucky to get that spot because a better player said no.

Comment

Sux to be stuck in mess at NEFC. To take a Stars players place, you have to be better then them. Not equal to them. So I'd say previous poster saying 3 or 4 would replace Stars kids on any given team is about correct.
                      If any kid that comes out is a projected starter, they should be given a spot. Are there not more than 3 or 4 kids capable of moving into a starting job?

Comment

So the top 3-4 NEFC kids are better than the top 3-4 Stars kids at every age group? That's quite the blanket statement. How much time do you spend watching girls youth soccer games in 2 different leagues?

Comment

So the top 3-4 NEFC kids are better than the top 3-4 Stars kids at every age group? That's quite the blanket statement. How much time do you spend watching girls youth soccer games in 2 different leagues?
                          It's a SWAG. Just from past experiences. Sure, I suppose in the last 6 months, there's been a drastic change.

This is coming from a totally different club, so not a Stars nor NEFC parent.

But, what I said is that 3-4 kids are capable of displacing 3-4 players on the A team. NOT that they could displace the top 3-4 players on the A team. I won't make that assertion.

Comment

It's a SWAG. Just from past experiences. Sure, I suppose in the last 6 months, there's been a drastic change.

This is coming from a totally different club, so not a Stars nor NEFC parent.

But, what I said is that 3-4 kids are capable of displacing 3-4 players on the A team. NOT that they could displace the top 3-4 players on the A team. I won't make that assertion.
                            They dont have to displace the top 3-4 players ... the point is to add starters 5, 8, 9 and 11 to players 1-7 and make a much stronger starting team by benching players 8-11 and making a deeper team by losing players 15-18.

Comment

They dont have to displace the top 3-4 players ... the point is to add starters 5, 8, 9 and 11 to players 1-7 and make a much stronger starting team by benching players 8-11 and making a deeper team by losing players 15-18.
                              I agree, and never made any assertions to displace the top 3-4 players.

But, they could, and bump players 15-18 onto the B team. And, the B team is halved, at the minimum, between those who drop from the A team and the next wave of imports to compete.

A team won't have too much to worry about, maybe a half or a third, again, just a SWAG. Could be more, but the nuances don't matter.

It's the B team who will get a reality slap.

Comment

I agree, and never made any assertions to displace the top 3-4 players.

But, they could, and bump players 15-18 onto the B team. And, the B team is halved, at the minimum, between those who drop from the A team and the next wave of imports to compete.

A team won't have too much to worry about, maybe a half or a third, again, just a SWAG. Could be more, but the nuances don't matter.

It's the B team who will get a reality slap.
                                Sorry, the "West" team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X