Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to let it go

US kids are not capable of playing at the highest levels of world soccer.
    Other than for a few notable exceptions, and they are rare, the US athlete will never be able to dominate like we do in other sports.
    Our blame lists are a million times longer than our success list
    Soccer is an old game that has been played forever-it we haven’t figured it out by now, it’s too late

Time to let it go

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Other than for a few notable exceptions, and they are rare, the US athlete will never be able to dominate like we do in other sports.
    Soccer is an old game that has been played forever-it we haven’t figured it out by now, it’s too late

Time to let it go
    What is that famous quote by Einstein about insanity?

Comment

Time to let it go
      No one cares about world soccer in the U.S.

We care about college and scholarships.

It's not our fault that you have your priorities screwed up.

Maybe it's time YOU drop your crusade.

Comment

No, no, no, NO. A thousand times NO.

I love this game and will follow it from all corners of the world. You can't make me stop loving it, supporting it, trying to further it, and the enjoyment of watching my kids take up that love.

I won't stop.

Comment

How did Croatia, a tiny, war torn country with a population smaller than MA manage to put a team in the World Cup finals?

Comment

why are the two things mutually exclusive ?

Comment

the colleges and scholarships you crave are already being eaten in to by non US talent.

Comment

How did Croatia, a tiny, war torn country with a population smaller than MA manage to put a team in the World Cup finals?
                Short answer: Because no one cares

Longer answer: You are referring to men, and US Boys soccer is at best a 3rd tier sport. Here's a hypothetical: Starting next week 1/3/2019 I go to a D1/D2 public HS. I get to bring in my own coach and get my pick of 9th/10th grade athletes from the football, basketball, hockey, and lacrosse teams. You get the current 9th/10th graders playing HS soccer with current coach. After 20 months of focusing on soccer, those kids are now entering 11th/12th grade, who wins the 2020 Fall season?

Comment

the colleges and scholarships you crave are already being eaten in to by non US talent.
                  Crave? I'm benefiting from it already.

Comment

Maybe it’s time to separate the game into two factions
                    1: those that play and love the game for all the right reasons
                    2: those that don’t

Comment

It's all about leadership. Same with other small countries with far fewer total # of athletes and resources than the US. Same with large countries like Germany or England who finally had days of reckoning and changed their programs. Good leadership, singular mission, 100% buy in, flawless execution.

Comment

No, no, no, NO. A thousand times NO.

I love this game and will follow it from all corners of the world. You can't make me stop loving it, supporting it, trying to further it, and the enjoyment of watching my kids take up that love.

I won't stop.
                        You don't have to stop loving the game, just give up the dream that the US will ever be relevant in the sport. It won't happen in the remainder our lifetimes.

Comment

Short answer: Because no one cares

Longer answer: You are referring to men, and US Boys soccer is at best a 3rd tier sport. Here's a hypothetical: Starting next week 1/3/2019 I go to a D1/D2 public HS. I get to bring in my own coach and get my pick of 9th/10th grade athletes from the football, basketball, hockey, and lacrosse teams. You get the current 9th/10th graders playing HS soccer with current coach. After 20 months of focusing on soccer, those kids are now entering 11th/12th grade, who wins the 2020 Fall season?
                          Power forward in net, mix of lax long poles and hockey defenders for D, Middies and hockey wings for midfield and those with a nose for scoring up top including the basketball center. We play a fast, physical, athletic game. HS coach accuses us of playing boot ball, and we win.

Comment

You don't have to stop loving the game, just give up the dream that the US will ever be relevant in the sport. It won't happen in the remainder our lifetimes.
                            Nope, too much pride and too much enjoyment in it. I'll continue to hope and dream and do what I can to push the game forward.

As quoted from a Dutch fan I sat next to in a friendly some years ago: "The world needs the US to be great in football. If the game could succeed here, it will only benefit all of us."

Comment

Maybe it’s time to separate the game into two factions
                              We're already there.

My kid loves the game.

I love the scholarship money for college.

You forgot the 3rd faction:

3: those that don't realize America has better sports to worry about

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X