Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'll NEVER buy NIKE again!!! I am a 27 year military veteran, and since NIKE decided to support that piece of garbage Kaepernick for insulting me and everyone who has ever served, I made the decision not to support them ever again. Don't get me wrong, I am all for him raising the awareness of social injustice in this country, but he could have found a way to do that without insulting me! To put this in perspective, this is like someone taking a picture of your mother and placing it on the ground, then squatting down and taking a big ole dump on it, and then saying it is to bring awareness for the social injustice in this country?!?! ***??? I have 3 kids that play soccer and buy 2 pairs of cleats for each of them, one indoor and one outdoor, every year, not to mention sports clothes. NEVER NIKE again, EVER!

Well, as long as everything is about you! Does the Earth revolve around you too?

Comment

I've always had my kids wear artificial turf models since they play and train on turf so much. They also have traditional cleats for grass. They both prefer Mercurials or Hypervenoms as well...

If you like Mercurials, try these:
      https://www.soccer.com/shop/details/...black_A1016123

or these if you prefer the low cut:
      https://www.soccer.com/shop/details/...black_A1017934
      These links are to the old kind of “turf” fields, not the newer “artificial grass” fields. Nike makes the AG-Pro sole plate for artficial grass(“AG” stands for artificial grass, which is longer than the older “turf” fields. My kids say the “turf” boots you linked too aren’t grippy enough for the longer artificial grass fields they play on. Seems that Nike stopped making the AG-pro models unless you’re willing to custom order. Anyone know if this is true?

Comment

I am in no way interested in starting a debate with those that support that douche. But only want to support your service and right to boycott Nike. Thanks for your service...
        I'm a veteran and I never swore an oath to defend a flag. What bothers me is the NFL charging the DOD (ie, us, the taxpayers) millions to have bogus ceremonies in the hopes of driving recruiting. We pay the NFL to wrap itself in the "flag". Then all the MAGA mouth breathers get to pay lip service though they'll never serve (look up service rates in New England). They'll still have the dotard bumper stickers and flag off the back of their pickup trucks, though. Oh, and all those flags displayed horizontally across the field: not in accordance with the US Flag Code. Nor is using the flag as a fashion accessory, so please do take that "flag" bandana off.

Spare me the sanctimony. Kapernick etc are protesting demonstrated prejudice and excessive deadly force by under-trained police for getting their rocks off in some pseudo-military wet dream b/c they were too chicken**** to serve in the first place. If you deny driving/shopping/BBQing/eating while black isn't hazardous, how about a thought experiment: how much would it take for you to be black for a day? To be black while pulled over?

I ___, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God. (Title 5 U.S. Code 3331, an individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services)

Comment

These links are to the old kind of “turf” fields, not the newer “artificial grass” fields. Nike makes the AG-Pro sole plate for artficial grass(“AG” stands for artificial grass, which is longer than the older “turf” fields. My kids say the “turf” boots you linked too aren’t grippy enough for the longer artificial grass fields they play on. Seems that Nike stopped making the AG-pro models unless you’re willing to custom order. Anyone know if this is true?
          Here’s the link to Nike “artificial grass” shoes https://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/artif...896Zoi3?ipp=21

They call these shoes “MG” for “multi-ground” now, presumably so you could play on different artificial surfaces (old AstroTurf or newer longer artificial grass). I think the main difference is that the old turf shoes had a lot of small studs on the sole, but these soles are more like traditional firm ground (FG), but shorter.

In any case, I don’t see the AG-pro on Nike’s website.

Comment

I'm a veteran and I never swore an oath to defend a flag. What bothers me is the NFL charging the DOD (ie, us, the taxpayers) millions to have bogus ceremonies in the hopes of driving recruiting. We pay the NFL to wrap itself in the "flag". Then all the MAGA mouth breathers get to pay lip service though they'll never serve (look up service rates in New England). They'll still have the dotard bumper stickers and flag off the back of their pickup trucks, though. Oh, and all those flags displayed horizontally across the field: not in accordance with the US Flag Code. Nor is using the flag as a fashion accessory, so please do take that "flag" bandana off.
            Every US Veteran that has ever served since WW1, has made the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag—"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."—should be rendered by standing at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. When not in uniform men should remove any non-religious headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should remain silent, face the flag, and render the military salute. Members of the Armed Forces not in uniform and veterans may render the military salute in the manner provided for persons in uniform.

I'm pretty sure displaying the flag horizontally across the field is ok, but wearing it as clothing/shoes/fashion accessory is not.

Comment

Spare me the sanctimony. Kapernick etc are protesting demonstrated prejudice and excessive deadly force by under-trained police for getting their rocks off in some pseudo-military wet dream b/c they were too chicken**** to serve in the first place. If you deny driving/shopping/BBQing/eating while black isn't hazardous, how about a thought experiment: how much would it take for you to be black for a day? To be black while pulled over?
              Kapernick protesting police prejudice and excessive deadly force by kneeling during the national anthem, is no different then my taking a dump on a picture of your mother, in front of you, because I don't like ice cream. It's insulting, rude, misplaced and ignorant, just like Kapernick.

Outside the bad areas of the inner cities at night, I doubt any hazardous conditions still really exist, based on race, from the police in MA.

Comment

Kapernick protesting police prejudice and excessive deadly force by kneeling during the national anthem, is no different then my taking a dump on a picture of your mother, in front of you, because I don't like ice cream. It's insulting, rude, misplaced and ignorant, just like Kapernick.

Outside the bad areas of the inner cities at night, I doubt any hazardous conditions still really exist, based on race, from the police in MA.
                How dumb are you? Get educated!

Comment

How dumb are you? Get educated!
                  Obviously far less dumb than you are! Pull your head out of your butt and get educated yourself!

Comment

Here in the USA we have the rights as citizens to protest peacefully and kneeling before the flag or during the National Anthem is not disrespectful to our country, there is no where in any regulation, law or procedure that support this notion, it may be how someone feels or in their own personal opinion, but it is not illegal or disrespectful in the eyes of our country. The start of this protest was to bring awareness that there is still a large population that treats all men and women of color differently and in most cases it is in a disrespecting, demeaning or aggressive manner just based on the fact that their skin is brown or black. We know for a fact, as it is documented in history, that our country had a direct hand in creating this idea that the colored community is less deserving of respect, promotions, education, opportunities and equal rights. I challenge anyone reading this to look up how the ghetto came to be, who created it and why. Look up "Redlining", the "New Deal", it was our government that created legalized housing discrimination laws and policies and allowed whites only to borrow money to buy homes in the suburbs during the 60s but would not allow anyone of color to do the same.

Comment

1) Here in the USA we have the rights as citizens to protest peacefully:
                      Yes, on this point you are correct, but your employer also has the right to fire you for doing so on company time.

2) kneeling before the flag or during the National Anthem is not disrespectful to our country, there is no where in any regulation, law or procedure that support this notion, it may be how someone feels or in their own personal opinion, but it is not illegal or disrespectful in the eyes of our country.
                      WRONG!!!! Read the earlier posts, while not illegal it most definitely is disrespectful, that is the whole reason for them doing this, and here is the code addressing it...
                      36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem
                      US Code
                      Notes
                      prev | next
                      (a)Designation.—
                      The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
                      (b)Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—
                      (1)when the flag is displayed—
                      (A)individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
                      (B)members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
                      (C)all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
                      (2)when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.
                      (Pub. L. 105–225, Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1263; Pub. L. 110–417, [div. A], title V, § 595, Oct. 14, 2008, 122 Stat. 4475.)

3) The start of this protest was to bring awareness that there is still a large population that treats all men and women of color differently and in most cases it is in a disrespecting, demeaning or aggressive manner just based on the fact that their skin is brown or black.
                      While it is horrible that this still happens, it is in no way shape or form that "a large population" doing this, it is only being committed be a very few select individuals, usually in high tension situations.

4) We know for a fact, as it is documented in history, that our country had a direct hand in creating this idea that the colored community is less deserving of respect, promotions, education, opportunities and equal rights. I challenge anyone reading this to look up how the ghetto came to be, who created it and why. Look up "Redlining", the "New Deal", it was our government that created legalized housing discrimination laws and policies and allowed whites only to borrow money to buy homes in the suburbs during the 60s but would not allow anyone of color to do the same.
                      This happened to the Irish, and most other immigrant group as well, generations ago. The whole notion of White privilege is a BS excuse as to why some lazy people do not put in the effort to work hard and better their life. For Pete's sake Obama was elected President twice, it's not the 60's anymore.

Comment

1) Here in the USA we have the rights as citizens to protest peacefully:
                        Yes, on this point you are correct, but your employer also has the right to fire you for doing so on company time.

2) kneeling before the flag or during the National Anthem is not disrespectful to our country, there is no where in any regulation, law or procedure that support this notion, it may be how someone feels or in their own personal opinion, but it is not illegal or disrespectful in the eyes of our country.
                        WRONG!!!! Read the earlier posts, while not illegal it most definitely is disrespectful, that is the whole reason for them doing this, and here is the code addressing it...
                        36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem
                        US Code
                        Notes
                        prev | next
                        (a)Designation.—
                        The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
                        (b)Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—
                        (1)when the flag is displayed—
                        (A)individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
                        (B)members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
                        (C)all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
                        (2)when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.
                        (Pub. L. 105–225, Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1263; Pub. L. 110–417, [div. A], title V, § 595, Oct. 14, 2008, 122 Stat. 4475.)

3) The start of this protest was to bring awareness that there is still a large population that treats all men and women of color differently and in most cases it is in a disrespecting, demeaning or aggressive manner just based on the fact that their skin is brown or black.
                        While it is horrible that this still happens, it is in no way shape or form that "a large population" doing this, it is only being committed be a very few select individuals, usually in high tension situations.

4) We know for a fact, as it is documented in history, that our country had a direct hand in creating this idea that the colored community is less deserving of respect, promotions, education, opportunities and equal rights. I challenge anyone reading this to look up how the ghetto came to be, who created it and why. Look up "Redlining", the "New Deal", it was our government that created legalized housing discrimination laws and policies and allowed whites only to borrow money to buy homes in the suburbs during the 60s but would not allow anyone of color to do the same.
                        This happened to the Irish, and most other immigrant group as well, generations ago. The whole notion of White privilege is a BS excuse as to why some lazy people do not put in the effort to work hard and better their life. For Pete's sake Obama was elected President twice, it's not the 60's anymore.

It is obvious you have a strong opinion and it matters to you but I am simply stating the facts and laws of our country, not how you or anyone else feels about it. It is not against the law to kneel during the national anthem or pledge of allegiance. I think if the NFL or any other employer tried to fire an employee for peacefully protesting, but still doing their job, they would find themselves in court with not much of a leg to stand on (light humor, hehe). My parents are both children of immigrants that came to this country with nothing, one set from Ireland and one from Italy, my Irish grandfather lied about his age and his parents placed him on a bought to a country that was at war (WW1) he then served and received a purple heart and he was not even 18 years old. My Italian grandfather was a gunner in the belly of a plane during WW11 and served his country for many years. They both served in different wars at different times and both were welcomed home and had job offers, bought homes in the suburbs and made a nice life for my parents. The 40s, 50s and 60's is not that long ago, our country purposely segregated people based on the color of their skin, could not get bank loans, told them what schools and library's they could attend, where they could live, just think about it, just because they were black, what if that was your grandparents, where would you be today? When I hear people talk like you, comments like "lazy" I realize we still have a long way to go to make this country a fair and equal place for all to live.

Comment

It is obvious you have a strong opinion and it matters to you but I am simply stating the facts and laws of our country, not how you or anyone else feels about it. It is not against the law to kneel during the national anthem or pledge of allegiance. I think if the NFL or any other employer tried to fire an employee for peacefully protesting, but still doing their job, they would find themselves in court with not much of a leg to stand on (light humor, hehe). My parents are both children of immigrants that came to this country with nothing, one set from Ireland and one from Italy, my Irish grandfather lied about his age and his parents placed him on a bought to a country that was at war (WW1) he then served and received a purple heart and he was not even 18 years old. My Italian grandfather was a gunner in the belly of a plane during WW11 and served his country for many years. They both served in different wars at different times and both were welcomed home and had job offers, bought homes in the suburbs and made a nice life for my parents. The 40s, 50s and 60's is not that long ago, our country purposely segregated people based on the color of their skin, could not get bank loans, told them what schools and library's they could attend, where they could live, just think about it, just because they were black, what if that was your grandparents, where would you be today? When I hear people talk like you, comments like "lazy" I realize we still have a long way to go to make this country a fair and equal place for all to live.
                          I agree. I would add that your grandparents were probably able to immigrate here because of the whiteness of their skin. It wasn't until the sixties that Congress allowed people from every country a much more equal shot of immigrating to the US. Before that it was mainly white folks who were allowed in.

Comment

I think if the NFL or any other employer tried to fire an employee for peacefully protesting, but still doing their job, they would find themselves in court with not much of a leg to stand on (light humor, hehe).

You are absolutely wrong about this, companies absolutely have the right to expect employees to behave in certain ways, ways that they have a legal right to do, such as not drinking alcohol, not saying racial slurs, and not kneeling for the national anthem while they are at work representing the company. They have the legal right to fire them for doing so. The Navy already reprimanded(punished) a young recruit for video taping herself sitting during the national anthem.

When I hear people talk like you, comments like "lazy" I realize we still have a long way to go to make this country a fair and equal place for all to live.

This is where we differ, I think we have come a long way and it is equal and fair. Is there more to go, sure, but from my experience we are almost, 95%, there. Well as close as we will ever likely to get. Just to clarify I do not believe anyone is inherently lazy, it is a product of their upbringing and is in no way racially based. Also "white privilege" is just a bogus excuse, as anyone can succeed if they apply themselves and work at it. Well except in sports as natural ability and aptitude come into play there.

Comment

Anyone have an answer about AG-Pro cleats? Please take political posts to the appropriate thread.

Comment

I agree. I would add that your grandparents were probably able to immigrate here because of the whiteness of their skin. It wasn't until the sixties that Congress allowed people from every country a much more equal shot of immigrating to the US. Before that it was mainly white folks who were allowed in.
                                It's no longer 1960 and hasn't been for 59 years. Look at any TV show from the sixties and you will see people of all races and colors living in the US. i.e. I Love Lucy! How do you think they get here without immigration???? It was probably easier to get here from Europe, I'd grant you that, but they did not have any rules blocking non Caucasians from emigrating here. STOP THE LIES!!! It is now 2019, what happened 60 years ago does not matter today!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X